“RUN-- DO NOT WALK--AWAY!!! FROM THIS SUPER 8” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Alaska
“RUN-- DO NOT WALK--AWAY!!! FROM THIS SUPER 8”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This place was disgusting! I am ashamed to say that I stayed here--but it was late and we were eshasted and I made a hasty decision. I was scared to take off my shoes the carpet was so nasty, mold was growing up the walls a foot high in places begind the bed & night stand. We had towels hanging up that had OBVIOUSLY been used and NOT washed!! The tub had black foot prints in the bottom of it....is was gross. All night I woke up wondering if I would catch something from this place, I couldn't leave quick enough in the morning

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Do not come here expecting the Hilton but for the money you can do much worse. The bathroom is small but clean. The shower had great pressure and was hot. The bed was firm and clean. Free WiFi. The free breakfast was simple but adequate and hot waffles. Front desk was courteous. If we come thru Cleveland again we will definitely use Super 8 again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were traveling from Ohio to Atlanta but wanted to not arrive in Atlanta late at night, so we were trying to find a motel on the south side of Chattanooga. Everything was either way too expensive just to sleep and shower in the morning or was booked full.

So I diligently searched the web and reviews backtracking north from Chattanooga. The Super 8 in Cleveland, TN seemed like it would be ok considering the inexpensive price for 4 people.

I was pleasantly surprised! The motel is fairly new (the street did not even appear on my year old GPS). It was far enough away from the freeway to minimize traffic noise. There were no bright lights shining in through the windows.

There were 2 queen size beds for my wife, my 19 & 16 year old sons, and myself to share. Since they are now bigger than I am, double beds are a very tight squeeze.

The rooms were extremely clean and bright. The pool was still open. The night manager was just a delight to talk to after driving 530 miles. He really was refreshing after some of my previous experiences.

Breakfast was included! The towels were plush enough! I think the only thing I could think of that wasn't included was a foot massage!

This motel was just a pleasant experience. I can't recommend it enough. Next time we are going to Atlanta I will be sure to use it if I am arriving late.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hartselle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My niece and I stayed here for one night on our way to Pigeon Forge. The staff was so nice and helpful and informed us of the continental breakfast. The room was very clean and there were several restaurants close by to eat at. We also discovered there was a Target not too far so we could pick up a few amenities before traveling on. All in all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2010
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

There was a group of us traveling together and we would stop for the night at different places. this Super 8 was able to accomidate us with no difficulty. The rooms were clean

• Liked — Conveinence for the night, cleanliness
  • Disliked — A couple of people in the group had a problem with the check-in clerk. I did not though
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

We spent the night here on the way from Florida. It is has easy access to the I-75 and the Denny's is within walking distance.

This is your typical Super 8.

However, the pool is quite small, there was a bug in the room (don't know if we brought it in, but doubt it), the doors did not open easily (had to use my shoulder to open the room door and bathroom door) and the television remote did not work. I asked for another remote which also did not work. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told that the remotes did not work with some of the televisions.

• Liked — Easy access to I-75
  • Disliked — The room experience
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Cleveland? Share your experiences!