“Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, TN 37312 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
London, Canada
“Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Driving from Ontario,Canada to Florida, we stopped @ Jameson Inn in Cleveland. We found it by using the "hotel coupon" brochures available at most rest areas. Our first impression was that it looked very expensive. We were checked in without delay by Kathi who offered queens or king bed. She was very pleasant and also suggested nearby restaurants. We were given a main floor room (easy parking at the door) It was spotless!
The king bed was extremely comfortable and did I mention the room was spotless??
The continental breakfast was the usual but also very clean area. Nancy was so enjoyable to chat with..she obviously loves her job and it shows.
Prior to this trip we had not heard of this chain of inns found mostly in south east states but we will definitely look for them on future trips and stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here with a last minute priceline booking ($44). Not bad at all. Check in was a breeze. Showed up shortly after booking, was asked preference for # of beds, 1st/2nd floor, pet/no pet. Said I didn't mind, whatever was easiest, and the clerk upgraded me to a "suite" - not too shabby.

Location is good, right off the main drag in Cleveland, close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants, very easy to find as it is up on a hill. Room was nice, but not what I would consider a suite. Considering this is listed as a 2 star hotel on priceline, the "suite" was comparable to a regular room you would find a laquinta or best western, although it is set up like a motel - with the rooms directly off the parking lot. I actually don't mind this - easier access to my vehicle. Room is decent sized - king bed, lazy boy chair, desk, fridge, microwave, etc. Bathroom not too big but not a big deal.

Amenities were average. Fitness center is decent at best. It has an old treadmill, a very old bike, and some other strange contraption used with a humping motion. Also has a multi-gym weight machine that worked for what I needed. Outdoor pool as well. Internet is free and wireless, but can be very slow at times, but worked reliably. Breakfast is free and consists of the usual - do it yourself waffles, various breads and juices.

Overall I really liked the place, had everything I needed with a great price. Couldn't find anything I really disliked or that annoyed me. After staying at a $199/night place in downtown Chatt the night before that charged for breakfast and parking, and was very old and outdated, I'll take a place like this anytime.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I loved my stay at the Jameson Inn in Cleveland. I wasn't expecting anything special, I guess, but wow, was I pleasantly surprised in just about every area. First, great location--it sits up on a hill, and it's really kind of pretty! Then you snap out of it and realize just how close you are to all the businesses. Best of both worlds, for sure. Then, the staff-- so sweet! Genuinely concerned about my needs, good at taking care of business, and you can tell they are actually nice people. Loved chatting with Nancy in the breakfast room! And then of course, the room was spotless-- clean, comfortable, tasteful. The bed was quite comfortable, and the room was great. This little hotel is doing it right-- I will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Things we loved about the Jameson Inn:

1. Friendly staff. Everybody we met was kind, helpful, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome without being obtrusive.
2. Clean facility. Even though the room was not brand new, we felt like it was clean.
3. Hot tea in the morning! Yum.
4. Finally, a great location. This hotel is right across from Panera Bread and many other great stores.

Room Tip: I felt safe staying on the front side of the property where just about the entire city can see the e...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
JamesonCleveland, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear RANDOLPH6,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We strive to be the best and desire for each and every guest to have a wonderful stay with us. We are so happy to hear that your enjoyed our staff and our hotel. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to having stay with us again.

Nancy Coker, GM
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have stayed at Jameson Inns before however, this hotal was not typical. The rooms were just not clean. The bathroom was small. The towels are paper thin. The staff was, however, very friendly. About 2:00 a.m., a semi decided to start his engine and leave it running for about an hour before he left. It might not be the staff's fault but it was annoying. For our next trip to Cleveland, TN we will look for someplace else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear David4537,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. It is our number one priority for each and every guest to have a wonderful and legendary stay, the kind that Jameson Inns are known for. We strive for every room to be very clean and extremely comfortable and I am so sorry that you feel we let you down. Your constructive comments will be are not taken lightly and we would so appreciate the chance to earn your business again. Again thank you for your input, we hope you will give us another chance when returning back to Cleveland, TN.

Nancy Coker, GM
Lewisburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

What we thought were huge stains on the carpet was just filth! Ruined the soles of my white socks before I realized the carpet was just nasty. Shoes had to be worn at all times. Wi-fi was a joke. About the same as dial up. The front desk was not knowledgeable. Definitely would not recommend.

Room Tip: Try Quality Inn. At least there rooms are clean and there staff is friendly.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is an average hotel, but the screw-up with our reservations left me disappointed and unable to recommend it. The property is not especially spotless, but I wouldn't call it dirty; unfortunately, the room we were dumped into had a faulty door, and it was essentially presented as "take it or leave it," with no offer of a discount or any other compensation. The staff was polite, but explained that the reservation system was messed up and they were 100% booked, so they could not provide the room for which I'd prepaid more than a month ago. I don't know if this is the fault of Jameson Inn or of Hotels.Com, but it doesn't matter; they got my money then screwed up my reservation. I understand that no system is perfect, but when you make a mistake you should not force the customer to grin & bear it. I recommend you steer clear or Jameson Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland? Share your experiences!