“not good” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Saint Thomas, Canada
“not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We arrived on Mar 13/14 for a one night stay. Stayed in room 120. A few things...........hanger for the hairdryer was torn away from the wall.(laying on the counter) The shower/tub had some repairs done around the edges but the repair had not been completed. Very poor caulking and painting job. The inside of closet door was smashed in and the hangers prohibited the closet door from been closed. (hence the smashed door?). The bathroom lock did not work. WI-FI did not work. The room was in general dis-repair. When you opened the door to the room, the first item to catch your eye was the sink. Was not part of the washroom. We realize that these items were cosmetic but it they were that obvious, what was hidden? After bringing these items to the attention of the clerk in the morning, the room was taken out of service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vinay M, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014

Comfort Inn & Suites, Cleveland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rockford, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stopped on 3/17/2014 and I'm in a wheelchair. My husband checked the room and thought it would accommodate me and when I went into the room it was big enough for me to get around also the room smelled bad and not very clean. We went immediately went to the front desk and told them and ask for our money back and not to charge us. But when we got back home we found out they charged us any way. Now I have to go to the trouble to get them to return our money. Was upset with my husband judgement call on the room, which was the first time this happened( I guess he was tired of driving) but even more upset with the Motel for charging us even though we did not stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ethan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your trip. I did speak with your husband this afternoon and we did credit the account today for you. Again I am so sorry for the issues that you encountered and I hope you will give us another chance.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

got to the rm and noticed lady bugs which didnt really bother me but then there was a hole in the ceiling then a cockroach then i got the kids went down stairs and told her she told me she could put me in a better rm i said NO WAY I WANT MY MONEY BACK VERY DISGUSTING HOTEL

• Stayed February 2014

Hartwell, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We travel all over following our son play baseball, We rent 2 rooms at a time. We always stay in a comfort inn and suites because we love them. until this trip. The furniture was very dirty, there was only a half roll of toilet paper in the bath room. the coffee maker did not work (it was replaced), the iron dipped the water out as fast as I put it in. I was very disappointed, never experienced a Comfort Inn like this before. The main thing was the sofa and chairs being so dirty. We almost left and went over to the Wingate next door, but there was only about 30 minutes until first pitch and it was too late when we got back. Again we stay at these hotels all the time between the months of Feb-May and this is the first time we have experienced a problem.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Cheboygan, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed there on our way home from Florida for the holidays in Michigan. It was very reasonable and comfortable. We did not stay for the mini breakfast the chain motels serve but looked very typical. Room was clean and had been remodeled recently and was bit rough around the edges but nothing to worry about. Staff was very friendly and helpful, will stay there again on our way thur. Make you reservations through the Choices website, cheaper than any other sites.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel often to Chattanooga and always looking for nice places to stay. This trip, I didn't stay in Chattanooga but instead stayed in Cleveland on my way home. I arrived very late in the night, but Fawn, the clerk on duty,was watching for me and was very welcoming and cheerful. She got me checked in quickly and to my room. The room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. It was a shame I was only there for the one night.

I was late arriving for breakfast, but it was still fully stocked with an employee keeping everything clean and tidy. I love the self serve waffles, and they had a surprise I hadn't seen in other hotels--a blueberry batter along with the plain batter. The blueberry waffle was a nice treat!

This is definitely a hotel I would stay in again and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very clean rooms. Very helpful staff, but very flat pillows. Centrally located to food, gas, and the interstate. Close enough to Atlanta to not actually be in Atlanta. All in all good night's sleep. Come for the comfy beds but bring your own pillows.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!