“Nasty management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Cleveland

You added Travelodge Cleveland to your Saves list
Travelodge Cleveland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   156 James Asbury Drive, Cleveland, TN 37312 (Formerly Ramada Limited Cleveland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Nasty management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here once when my house was being worked on...
We were able to book online, but once we showed up they began to raise a total stink about hosting locals. Apparently they were afraid that we were there to party. I should not that my party included a small child and a grandparent, hardly the profile for a partying group.

After checking out the next morning I discovered my Visa had been charged an extra $100 for supposed smoking in the room. Nobody in the group smokes, and nobody was left alone in the room anyways. They refused to remove the charge and even threatened another $200 charge if we pursued a complaint.

Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

In a nutshell, I booked a non smoking room for three nights over the phone. I confirmed several times that I was being booked in a non-smoking room as they offer both. The gentleman did not speak very good English hence I wanted to make sure he booked me in the right room. I received my email notification 12 hours later. My reservation was booked as smoking. I called to have the mistake corrected. The response I got was we are sorry but there is nothing they can do. I asked for my money back and cancel my reservations. They said they could not refund me my money but could cancel my reservations. The fight was on!!! I got nothing but the run around and lies from the front desk ( two Asian speaking people who I think were the owners). The situation almost became comical. They even admitted it was there mistake. I had to laugh when the lady got upset at me for calling back several times to try and resolve the issue. In the end I called cooperate office twice to assist. I called my credit card company to help with the situation and I called the president of the hotel association for that area. After numerous calls and holding on the phone( 2 hours of my time), remarkably a non smoking room had just come available due to a cancellation. Ok sure! I stayed there, but will never again. Don't take the chance and get rooked. You will have to fight to get what you want if you are wronged.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Leesburg, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our family stayed here returning to Georgia from Washington,DC during a horrible heat wave. When we booked our room, it was a smoking room. It was okay, but nothing special., typical Ramada Inn room. I noticed some evidence of roach infestation, but never saw a bug in the room, but when I got home there was a bug in my purse.
When we arrived to the room there was a notice that basically stated if you took towels, bedspreads or whatever from the room, they would charge you for the items you took. no problem, I had no intentions of stealing anything from their room. We had to ask the manager for our ashtrays. After we went to dinner and came back, the room was sweltering. The a/c was running, but not cooling. They had to move us to another room which was a non smoking room. No problem here either, we agreed to step outside to smoke. When we arrived back home to check our bank statement, the hotel had taken another $300.00 out of our account. When my husband called to inquire about it, they said it was for "smoking in the room" and would not refund our money. THEFT. plain and simple! Do not stay here. They are crooks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

checked in by very nice asian man. it was around 1 or 2 a.m. twenty minutes later my daughter and I ran out with all our stuff and put it the car. This place is dirty and did not smell good but I was too tired to care, but when I saw one of the largest cockroaches ever, I had to check out. The woman behind the desk was yelling that these were not cockroaches but "waterbugs" either way I do lnot want to sleep with them. She said you are NOT getting your money back! I left while she was yelling some other indiscernable words. I would rather sleep in my car than go to lthis place. When I e-mailed Ramada headquarters they replied by saying my next visit I could stayfor half off!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

for starters on the website they said the average room price is 61$ no its not. on priceline what was suppose to be the cheapest it was 61$ well they didnt know @ the hotel that i booked it from priceline so they gave me a bill it said 100$ i paid 140 on priceline. so go to the hotel and book it yourself instead of over the internet. the room was wrong on my confirmation paper. when i got there they put me in a smoking room which stunk bc none of us smoked with no ref. or microwave and yes i ordered those items in my booking. so we had to pack up all our stuff and move to a new room then when we got into our new room the phone didnt work. pool hours are horrible from 11 am to 9 pm. bubble gum was stuck on top of the wall in the bathroom also.

• Liked — the front desk people were friendly
  • Disliked — pool hours
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Cleveland? Share your experiences!