“Nice little hotel just off the highway ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Michigan
“Nice little hotel just off the highway ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here with family on the way home from vacation. Hotel was clean, beds comfortable with lots of pillows. Newer mattress we could see as the sheets didn't fit the bed right. Hotel is right off 75 and the backside the noise is noticeable. Light sleepers will notice more than we did. Breakfast was nice, typical hotel breakfast. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I have never stayed in a Clarion Inn so I wasn't sure what to expect. We were just traveling through and needed something close to I-75, available and affordable and this seemed to fit the bill. The room was relatively clean but the floor needed to be vacuumed better. The fitted sheets were on inside out and didn't fit the mattress (a pet peeve of mine because then I know chances are good at some point I will wake up sleeping on just the mattress because the sheet came off, yuck). We were missing a remote control for the TV and had to wait about a hour for the maintenance worker to come and program a new one. The room had a desk, chair, coffee pot and a fridge and microwave and was average size. It was a bit noisy but just highway noise. Breakfast next day included blueberry waffles you could make and was very similar to Hampton Inn offering. Everything was pretty good except the baked good and bagels were very stale. Not bad if you are just looking for someplace to stay the night.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Walt Disney World, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Spent a night here while traveling to Florida. Good location, adequate parking. The lady who checked us in was not very friendly at first bu loosened up a bit when we conversed with her. This motel is old and dated but the rooms were spotless! Beds were good and the lighting was better than most places I have stayed. Very good value and location and will stay there when in Cleveland again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and valuable feedback. I apologize that your first impression during your check-in was not favorable. We definitely care about our guests. It is our policy to deliver hospitable service at all times no matter the circumstances. I can assure you I will take the necessary steps to ensure it does not happen again in the future. I will also share your comments with the entire staff regarding your other comments. We take pride in offering impeccably clean and maintained rooms, and a well-lit, safe environment, making us the best value in Cleveland. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you this recent front desk reception was an exception and we're pleased you enjoyed your accommodations.

Travel safe,
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

My family and I stayed here over the summer. It was the worse place ever. On Oct.25,2014 we were driving through Cleveland again. We were exhausted and we stopped at some motels they were full. So we really didn't have a choice but to stay at Clarion Inn again. We were expecting a dirty room,bathroom,etc.. To our delight WE COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING DIRTY! The room shined with PRIDE! As we were leaving we ran into Lisa,she stood there patiently listening to my wife tell her about our last visit and this one. She said thank-you,and that her team has been working really hard. She must have been the Head Housekeeper. I like supervisors who don't take the glory! She's correct it's TEAM WORK! WE WILL BE RETURNING

Room Tip: ask for a room in front of the building. Less interstate noise.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and telling others about your awesome stay and I apologize for falling short of your expectations in your prior visit. I will share your comments with Lisa, our executive housekeeper, as well as the rest of the team. I know they will appreciate it. The Clarion Inn will continue to offer a great value to our guests. We have a five star location at a two star price. We certainly look forward to your return and thank you for your business.

Regards,
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Traveled to Cleveland Tennessee for a softball tournament in Chattanooga & stayed 2 nights at the Clarion Inn. The rate was $69 a night. First, upon checking in I found the girl at the front desk to be extremely polite and courteous. She checked me in quickly and made sure I understood the amenities of the hotel. The room was extremely clean and the beds very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave in it and I loved the flat panel high def TV! The breakfast offered at this hotel was exceptional. Eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal (with extra add ins of raisins and nuts), pastries, fruit, cereal, and lots of fresh apple and orange juice. Very impressive for a continental breakfast. The lady working the buffet was also very courteous and kept everything stocked nicely. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing one in the Cleveland or Chattanooga area particularly ball teams needing a place to stay. (15 min drive to Summit, bout 25 to Warner). It's an excellent value for your money. It will for sure be my new home any time I come to the area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to tell others about your experience at our Clarion Inn while attending the softball tournament in Chattanooga. I will certainly share your comments our team. We may be a two star hotel, but there is no reason all of us cannot deliver five star service to our valued guests. It is our goal to not only meet all of your expectations, but to exceed them. I hope to see you again the next time your team competes in nearby Chattanooga or in Cleveland, TN.

Safe Travels,
Joliet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

This motel has the most friendly staff, especially the evening receptionist Val. Gave a great recommendation for a locate restaurant, called our room after check in to be sure that the room met our expectations. The morning manager was very nice at check out. This location was very clean and well maintained. We will definitely use this motel in the future.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I will certainly share your comments with our entire team as well as commend Val on making your stay such an enjoyable one. She is definitely a gem. We take pride in offering our guests a great night's sleep with our new BeautyRest mattresses complete with pillow topper, down comforter, and choice of soft or firm pillows. We offer a great location for an even greater price, great staff service, impeccable cleanliness, well-maintained guest rooms making us the best value in Cleveland, TN. I hope we have the opportunity to be your home away from home again the next time you travel.

Regards,
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

We spent another night at the Clarion Inn Cleveland. Again we were very pleased. We were there last weekend and totally enjoyed our night. The bed was very comfortable. The linens were white and it was so nice to have nice fluffy towels. So many hotels now have worn or very stiff towels.

This was our second stay here and will definitely not be the last. The staff takes pride in this establishment and it shows. Right down to the breakfast area. It was super clean and well stocked.

By the way, I read some of the previous comments and I wonder what some people expect for their dollar. I mean this is not a 5 star 300.00 per night room. My thoughts are that I get way more than I pay for. It is a good value. Also, it truly meets my main requirements! That is that it be clean, bug free and a good nights sleep. That is what I am really paying for. I get this and more at the Clarion Inn Cleveland.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our entire team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We take pride in providing friendly service, clean, comfortable rooms, a hot breakfast, and great rates.

Been to Clarion Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!