“Nice place for the price and EXCELLENT desk service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cleveland
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice place for the price and EXCELLENT desk service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The people couldn't have been nicer. They recommended a restaurant, Aubrey's and it was excellent! A truly different menu, great prices and the best Caesar salad I've had in a long time. The half price wine selection was also good.
The breakfast at the hotel the next morning was good compared to most "free breakfast" types.
I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete our survey and for letting us know about your experience. We very much appreciate your business. It's always nice to hear encouraging feedback especially regarding our friendly staff and hot breakfast.. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hinesville, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My 15 year old son and I were visiting family and thought about staying at a hotel instead of with family. We got a room at the Clarion Inn in Cleveland, TN on a Saturday night. It was a nice enough hotel. The trouble started in the middle of the night. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. My son was already awake. People on the floor above us were arguing with some of their friends in the parking lot in front of our room. I went out of the room. They saw me and knew they were keeping people up. At 4:00 am I went to the front desk (tried calling and no answer). The lady at the desk was very nice but basically said there was nothing she could do. I went back to my room. People were drunk, blowing car horns, arguing, and screeching their cars in and out. One drunk girl kept beating on a door and yelling for Tommy. A little after 5:00 am, I called 911 because it wasn't going to stop and because I thought a fight was starting. The police finally came and arrested someone. It was after 6:00 am before I finally got back to sleep. It was the fact that I lost a night's sleep but also the way that the staff at the hotel handled it. I went to the front desk the next morning to see if we could check out at 12:00 instead of 11:00. I could tell they didn't want to do it. I was able to stop back in on Tuesday. I asked to speak to a manager. The girl at the desk said she was the front desk manager. I explained to her what happened. She said they had a list of people to call and offer refunds to. She told me she'd be right back. I waited for a long time. Finally, a different lady came out and said No, she was the manager. She said I could get a refund. I had paid cash for the room, but she said they couldn't give cash back because it would leave their drawer short. I would have to wait for corporate to send a refund check. I know that hotels can't always control what happens after a room is rented. However, I do they hotel staff should have dealt with the situation and gone a little more out of their way to make it up to people who lost a night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Inn.

Allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the guest disturbance you encountered on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. You are absolutely correct - our staff member should have initiated assistance from the police, not you. This situation was a very unusual incident as this is not the norm for our hotel. I will contact you personally to update you on your cash refund. Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Hill
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. It was well worth it. The beds were nice and huge. They were very, very comfortable. Good night sleep enjoyed by all. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. The staff was great and friendly. This is a great hotel for the price. Great way to start a vacation!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We take pride in providing clean rooms with a courteous and helpful staff Please visit us again and thank you for your review.

Lisa H.
Marion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a converted hotel from one of the top chains and is in very good condition and the staff is wonderful. This is rated as a 2.5 Star property; but, it's on the high end of that scale. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 109 is the BEST!! Located between the fitness center and the house staff. Very quite and conv...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding our location, our clean rooms, inviting pool, and our friendly staff. Please visit us again and thank you for your review,

Lisa H.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice little hotel chain property right off the interstate. Front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Bedding was comfortable and room was clean. Breakfast was very good and well stocked. Outdoor pool looked very inviting but it was just too cool to take a dip. I would recommend this property and would stay here again when travelling in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Clarion Inn, Cleveland. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our convenient access to I-75 makes our location a great place to stop. It is always appreciative when our guests let us know how helpful the staff has been in addition to your feedback regarding our clean rooms, comfortable beds, enjoyable breakfast, and inviting pool. We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back through Cleveland. Take care and travel safely.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Good: Room was clean and neat. Rates were discounted during Perry Stone prophecy conference.

The Bad: The desk staff try to trick you into enrolling in a choice privilege card at check in. The AC did not cool in room 117. Hotel is right beside the interstate so it is somewhat noisy.

I have stayed at Clarion and many other hotels under this same corporation for a long time, but due to their manipulative ways trying to boost enrollment into their privilege card, I will not stay with them again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your bible conference and for sharing your experience. I do apologize if you felt as if you were being tricked into enrolling in Choice Privileges, a hotel guest loyalty program offered through all Choice products including Clarion Inn. Points are awarded to members on qualifying stays at 10 points for every dollar spent which can be redeemed for free hotel room nights, airline miles, and more. There are no tricks - we just want all of our guests to take advantage of a great program. I'm sorry to hear that things regarding your stay were not quite up to your expectations regarding the A/C and the traffic noise. We appreciate you letting us know so tat we can make the necessary corrections. Please do not hesitate to personally contact me if I can be of further assistance. We certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Macedonia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. The room was immaculate; no "Is This Clean" feelings about any of the furniture or flooring. Everything in our room appeared to be in great shape and perhaps even renovated. The breakfast in the morning was great. The hostess was extremely friendly and the food was pretty good for a Continental. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lisa H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn as your hotel option while in Cleveland, TN. We greatly appreciate your business and your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We've recently upgraded our bedding which has gotten rave reviews and our team takes pride in providing all of our guests with impeccably clean rooms and friendly service. We are very convenient to I-75, we're near lots of restaurants, and we're a great stopping point when traveling north or south. Please visit us again and thank you again for your review.

Been to Clarion Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!