“awesome stay.....” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida City, Florida
“awesome stay.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I want to start off saying Thank You to Matthew he was a very pleasent guy to talk to and he helped me with answering all the queations i had to ask about the area. i am not from around here and my wife family paid for us to have a place to stay for a couple days. I want to say that you all are very lucky to have a front dest guy like Matthew he is very polight. The rest of the hotel was nice also we loved the area it was set in and the view of the river was wonderful. The pool was heated just right and the bar and breakfast was great. once again i will come back to this hotel when i travel back to Clarksvile. Thanks Matthew and staff for the great stay me and my wife had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I can't believe how busy this hotel was, there were all kinds of events going on. I was a bit concerned about the noise level but I didn't have to worry my suite was super quiet and wonderfully comfortable. The room was very clean, nicely appointed, and had a great view of the river.

Room Tip: Suites are very reasonable, splurge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been guests of this hotel several times. We stayed due to the location since it was closest to our reasons for visiting.
what was good: location, indoor pool, the breakfast, keurig in room, wi-fi room keys, service.
what was bad: the bed seemed too hard to me, the shower was either hot or cold, would not mix. The tub was too shallow, an outlet was inoperable in the bathroom, the mini fridge was not cold enough. Worst of all was the carpeting in the room and halls were filthy.
I will likely stay elsewhere on my next visit to Clarksville.

• Stayed October 2013
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We appreciate are your review! We are happy that you enjoyed tons of our great amenities. Apologies that the bed & shower was not a positive experience for you. Hopefully we can have you stay with us again when our remodeling is complete. We are working on our improvements.
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went with several families to be in Clarksville for a youth football game the next morning. The location is close to the historic downtown area and we were able to walk to some local music venues and restaurants. We had the King Suite and it was large with a decent bed. The breakfast was your standard fair and fine to start the day.

There were several negatives which would not be worth paying book rates for. We couldn't see out of the windows because of broken gas seals, the refrigerator had ice build up to the point it actually did not cool well, the front of the building is stained and worn looking. The pool water burned the eyes of most of the kids which can happen sometimes, yet when it was brought to the attention of management they were extremely rude about it. Several of us have pools and we know that the burning was not "normal" for some kids, as some slept with cold rags over their eyes and even the skin around them was irritated...... It was too bad that the burning eyes put a damper on the kids team trip.

Overall, I would not recommend this location unless you needed to be downtown in a crunch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are working on the amenities in our rooms with a remolding project underway. Apologies you did not receive the proper attitude by us when explaining the water situation. We hope you can revisit us after the remodel and you can have a brighter experience. Thank you for helping us improve!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for venues for our wedding. After looking at a few places, I picked one further past clarksville, but decided to check out one more place which was the Riverview Inn. Based on reviews online I gave it a shot. Riverview Inn has an event coordinator. Her name is Rebecca, after ten minutes with her I cancelled my event at the other place and booked with her. She is amazing and extremely helpful. It was almost like having my own wedding planner. She was patient, very friendly with a bright personality and she handled my craziness with preparing for my wedding and made everything fall into place. I emailed her daily almost and she always promptly emailed back. She had my husband and I come in to re look over the ball room, she helped me pick colors, center pieces, food, she made it beautiful. I honestly think I would have been lost without her. Riverview Inn is lucky to have such an amazing event coordinator, I would recommend the hotel and her to anyone who is looking for a reception area for an event or a wedding. She will literally make everything fall into place, I'm so very grateful for her. Before our wedding she emailed me with a complimentary suite which is beautiful, the hotel itself is clean, very modern and the front desk staff are very kind. Thank you Riverview Inn and thank you Rebecca. You're wonderful, you made my special day come alive and I'm thankful for you!!

• Stayed September 2013
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a one night trip to Clarksville for Riverfest. The hotel seems nice enough upon first impression but when you start looking closer the dirty carpet is a definite turnoff. It seems the hotel has been refurbished recently but they forgot new carpet! Breakfast was good, room was neat and clean with great view of the Cumberland River. Good price. We arrived very late and as we were getting into the elevator we could hear people cursing down the hall on the 1st floor. I assume it was coming from the bar, but they were using the "F" word loudly. So I would rate the experience as just okay. Cleaning or replacing the dirty carpet would go a long way for this hotel....

Room Tip: Dirty Carpet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We appreciate your comments. The hotel has started the remolding process. Hopefully you can return to enjoy the new carpet. Glad your liked your complimentary breakfast and views of river though! We do our absolute best monitoring the hotel and making sure there is no inapprociate behavior. Sorry you had to hear the unpleasant words in the hall. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We don't usually have long stays in hotels but a family occassion brought us to Clarksville for 8 days. We wanted some space so got a suite at the Riverview Inn. This is not a fancy accommodation but it provided for all of our needs. The lobby area was very pleasant and would have been a nice area to hook up with friends and relatives if needed. In our room, we had an adequate seating area separate from the bedroom plus a very handy kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave and a Keurig (which we use at home and LOVE). We are fussy about mattresses and this one was very comfortable; I would rate the bed as a 5 star. Bathroom was a little small but again it totally met our needs. The room was clean and we had fresh linens each day. A nice bathroom ammenity was a sealed Dove makeup remover towelette. You would think that this could be provided at hotels with many times the rate but this modest hotel came up with a great touch. Also, just a great product that I had not used before. We ate the complimentary breakfast just about every day. Again, very basic but it was handy and the price was right. I actually ate healthier here than most restaurantsts. Juice, yogurt, cereal, toast and fruit. How much more could you want? My husband liked the eggs and breakfast meats and biscuits and gravy but I was not a gravy fan, too artificial tasting but the biscuits were great. I do suggest they add honey to the condiment tray. I don't like indoor pools so that is a nix for me but it looked like other guests enjoyed it. I did use the teeny, tiny gym but in all of the days we were there, I was the only one there. Wish they had a elliptical but I made do with the treadmill and the universal weight machine. Since it doesn't appear that customers care so much about the gym, I don't suppose the management will put much into the equipment. There was a public restaurant in the hotel that was only open a few days a week. Too bad. I have been to this property before when this was a booming bar and restaurant. I think downtown Clarksville could use another option so maybe somebody will come in and give it what it needs. We walked just one block to the Saturday farmers' market which was excellent by any standard. The cute litlle downtown was also just one block away with little shops and a few great restaurants. I highly recommend the Courture Crush for unique fashions at good prices and the Blackhorse Restaurant for great food and drink. All in all, I was concerned about such a long stay but the staff and the accommodations made the time away from home very pleasant.

Satisfied Customer

Room Tip: Highly recommend the suite that faces the river. Don't remember the name
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lcapps, Manager at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for picking us for your 8 day stay! We do enjoy our serving a hot buffet breakfast to our guest! So wonderful you enjoyed your view of the river. Thank you for sharing your kind review.

Been to Riverview Inn? Share your experiences!