“I enjoyed my stay. :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Inn & Suites

You added Westgate Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Westgate Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   803 N 2nd St, Clarksville, TN 37040 (Formerly Quality Inn Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Miami, Florida
“I enjoyed my stay. :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I went to Westgate Inn and Suites mainly because it's pretty close to Fort Campbell, without really being on-post.
The service was great. I loved that the attendants were very nice and respectful, and always in a good mood. It was a very comfortable environment. The complimentary breakfast was extensive, and was great.
Although I like my room and the service provided, the design of the hotel was a bit off. Some rooms were located right in front of the pool, and the children sounded like they were being injured (they were so loud). I didn't have a problem with it really, but my bf had trouble sleeping in the morning. But that's pretty much my only beef about the hotel, really.
It's also conveniently located across the street from Shoney's, Wafflehouse, Tacobell, McD's and Arby's.
Overall, for the price I paid, close to 300$ for a week, it was a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

True Vine Worldwide Gospel Church had the pleasure of hosting a Thanksgiving banquet at the West Gate Inn. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The facilities were just the right size to serve a hearty meal and provide entertainment at the same time. We are looking forward to many more opportunities. Thank you Westgate to you and your staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Youngsville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I made a reservation after reading the reviews on tripadvisor.I just wanted a clean quiet place to sleep,as I would be getting in late,and leaving right after breakfast.The reviews indicated the inside rooms by the pool were quieter,so I asked for a non-smoking one.I am glad I arrived late,because my room was next to the bar,which had just closed.Also the pool was closed,so the room was quiet.As soon as I opened the door you could smell the odor of smoke,even though it was supposed to be non-smoking.The room was large,but a little old looking,and so-so clean.The bed was OK,and the breakfast was very good,with scrambled eggs,sausage,pancakes and waffles in addition to the standard fare of sweet rolls,bagels,cereal,toast,yogurt,etc.I hadn't realized how far off interstate 24 this was,and it took much gas and time getting to and from it and the interstate.If I had it to do over,since I was just looking for a place to spend the night,I would find something just off interstate 24.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quiet if you arrive after the pool and bar are closed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I really enjoyed every moment I stayed at the Westgate Inn in Clarksville. The owner and the staff made me feel at home each time I entered the hotel. I had to walk by the indoor pool, which I've only used once, going to my first floor room and it gave me the feeling of being on a sunny beach vacation. And that in late Fall in Tennessee. I enjoyed the bar in the evenings and Ms. Gisele's cooking. I was in the Clarksville area to visit historic locations and to do photography. Everyday after dusk, I returned to find the Westgate as the ideal location for my home base. I would recommend the Westgate to all of my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor on the indoor (pool) side away from the ice machine, because that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is great for children and adults; it is heated and the waterslide is fun! The staff is amazing, very helpful and polite! Breakfast is a little early for me, but more than just cereal and toast! I would recommend stating here especially if you’re looking for a place to stay with children or on a budget!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel has an indoor pool which makes the entire place smell like clorine. My eyes burned if I spent any time in the lobby area. The carpet in the hall surrounding the pool is just plain nasty. The rooms are musty, some worse than others. The linens were clean and the bed slept good. The bathroom was clean. The furniture is old and out dated.
Housekeeping arrived at 9:30 am (I was still in bed) and advised they begin cleaning at 9:30. I made it clear I was not ready for my room to be cleaned. Well, they didn't clean at all. I left for the day and when I returned that evening my bed was unmade and dirty towels were on the floor in the bathroom.

Although the price was good I would not stay here again, not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get an outside room. on the second floor. Maybe it won't smell of clorin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place has been renovated. It looks decent when you arrive...clean with a bar. The pool is indoors and is AWESOME especially for kids. There is always coffee on. These things and the very reasonable price save the place. Also restaurants are in walking distance. The breakfast in the morning is early and awesome. The room windows face inside to the pool and ventilation is poor. The rooms are clean, but they smell. When I got home and opened my suitcase that smell lingered on my pajamas and luggage. Nasty. The bathroom tile is cracked and the bed sits on partical board. The towels look dingy. In fact the room looks dingy. i will say even though it appeared seedy, it was CLEAN. The staff is MOST helpful and friendly. I would stay there again because the place is safe and cheap. I hope they keep making upgrades to the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family