“All around nice” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville to your Saves list
BaymontInns.com Orbitz.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1112 SR 76, Clarksville, TN 37043 (Formerly Comfort Inn South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #26 of 34 hotels in Clarksville

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent two nights in the Baymont in Clarksville, and some aspects were rather disappointing. I asked why the hotel was being rebranded from a Quality Inn to a Baymont, and the answer was that it was under new ownership and management, and the new owners wanted it to be a Baymont. She said that the entire hotel was going to be gutted and rebuilt; they had started with a deep cleaning of each existing room. I WILL say that the room was clean. That's the good news.

We had an alarm clock that was flashing when we got in the room, so I set the time, figuring that they had had a power surge. That probably wasn't the case. At exactly midnight, the clock's alarm went off. My wife promptly shut it off. Then 9 minutes later, it went off again. She again turned it off, this time turning on a light to make sure. Then 9 minutes later, it went off again, so she pulled the plug. When I took the alarm clock downstairs in the morning, the clerk commented that it wasn't like the ones that they usually had in the room and apologized. Later that day a new clock showed up, but after setting it, it started flashing in a few minutes. Set again, flashing again. I left it for the next guests to worry about!

But some of the staff needs a little training on guest relations. I put the "do not disturb" sign in the slot in the door, but had the curtains parted a little. A short while later, some staff came to the room and peered into the window to see if anyone was there. Not seeing us in there, she knocked on the door, never noticing the "do not disturb" sign. She just wanted to know if we needed service. I told her no; we just needed towels. So apparently later, she replaced the towels and put new shampoo and lotion in the bathroom area. But no new soap. And our bath soap was a little small by then.

Breakfast was a little difficult. Unfortunately, the same person running the front desk keeps the food in the breakfast area. On Sunday morning they ran out of creamer for the coffee, and I mean RAN OUT - none in the back. Also, there were only two sets of salt/pepper shakers for the 4 or 5 tables, and they were empty. Why not put them where the food is, if you don't have enough for each table. But they were out anyway.

There was bread for toast on Saturday (only half of the toaster worked), but not Sunday. Good thing I decided to forgo the toast the second day.

The workers were pleasant. It's just that the clerks had too much work to do, keeping up with the desk as well as the food. And stocking some condiments and food was a little lax. But they were pleasant. I DO recommend more training for the maids. They should look for "do not disturb" before knocking.

I'd like to go back in about 6 months or so to see if, when it's a full-fledged Baymont, it has improved in service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Misty B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for your response. We do have new management and new owners and we are working everyday to improve our hotel. I have brought your concerns to the attention of my housekeeping department as well as the management company. We value all comments and belive firmly in our guest hold the key to our improvement. I would like to welcome you back in a few months to see our remodled property. Not only will our rooms be completely refurbished, our breakfast area will be as well. Thank you againfor your response and we look forward to your review again the next time you visit! Have a wonderful day and thank you for staying with us!
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Booked this room from quality inns.com and was shocked when we drove 8 hours to get here. The first room smelled like a dead body that had been smoking. The second room I had to clean the feces from the underside of the toilet seat, wipe down the seat and wipe down the sink handle and wipe the floor with clorox wipes before anyone attempted to use the bathroom. It was the dirtiest room I have ever seen. I left the long black hair on the ice bucket. I had worked in hotel service 20+ years ago and would have been fired on the spot had my supervisor checked this room as being clean. Beds seemed clean...but the bathroom had not been touched! I wouldn't pay $35.00 let alone $80.00 for this room if it was cleaned. Husband is out searching for another hotel! Side note...guests next door won't go in their room until the dirty towels that are hanging in their "clean" room are removed! Check the room before you turnover your cash or credit card!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Misty B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience at our property. We are under new ownership and management. We are striving hard to rebuild our customer base and have done many improvements since June. New linens and freshly deep cleaned rooms. Please come see our new customer experience and what we have to offer. We are also starting to remodel the entire hotel. Coming next year a complete new view! Thanks for your response. All our customers are valued guest!
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Do not stay here! We walked into the room and there were dead cockroaches on the floor, and the bedspread had 4-5 burn holes, the ruffle was filthy, we went back to the desk and checked out. Should have taken pics but didn't want to stay in there anymore than necessary. I have never been in such a nasty hotel! The charge better be taken off my card, they said they reversed the charge, and said sorry!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I paid $70+ a night for 2 queen beds, 2 adults, no kids, NO pets. I made a mistake booking this hotel using the Choice Hotels website. I thought I was booking the Comfort Inn for $80 a night the Comfort Inn is right across the street which we stayed at just 2 weeks prior to this horrible hotel stay. Trust me folks, the Comfort Inn right across the street is a MUCH better deal and you should stay there NOT this horrible hotel! The Comfort Inn across the street is newer, clean, feels safer, nice new modern hotel rooms, nice bathrooms, nice towels, sheets, bedroom furniture AND A wonderful free breakfast. This DUMP yes I said DUMP....should NOT be part of the Choice Hotel brand. I have written to Choice Hotels about this issue. I have stayed at many Choice Hotels, top and bottom and their bottom was never this LOW before! I felt like I was in a 1960's Holiday Inn hotel room....seriously folks like the kind you stayed in with your parents. The room had old, battered 1970 or older furniture, beds, end tables...even the TV...my gosh I didn't even know they still made those type of old TV's any longer! The carpet was scary....my husband and I talked to the front desk about getting our money back and got someone who wasn't about to give us our money back. So, we stayed....we were too tired to argue at that point. But we did take the time to take some pictures which I've included. I really feel ripped off that I paid $70+ for the germs and bacteria I probably got from this room. My husband and I felt like we needed a shower AFTER we left the room! Oh and the breakfast...folks just look at the large vent in the breakfast area...it is enough to make you want to puke it has so much dust, mold and crud showing everyone that cares to look. We DID NOT eat anything. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL....CHOICE HOTELS....SHAME ON YOU!

Room Tip: Recommend you do not stay at this hotel!