“Need blankets on beds.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sullivan
“Need blankets on beds.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The first complaint was that the only cover on the bed was the big comforter and a sheet. I don't know but my bet is that big comforter doesn't get washed every time that room is rented. And the hotel was nearly full and so you would think the young lady's fixing breakfast would have more to do then lean on the counter and be messing with her (Lena) phone. When the containers of eggs, potatoes, and bacon was empty. When i ask about when there would be more they said 10 mins. or so. This was at about 7:15 to 7:30 you would think they should be more prepared for breakfast on a Sat. morning with a hotel nearly full.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am so sorry that you did not get the customer service that we strive for here at Country Inns and Suites. Please accept pur apologies and we hope you will allow us to make this up to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in room 119. The room was large enough for our family of five, but that's about the only good thing I can say. Carpets were dirty/dingy, stains on walls, chipped counter in kitchen area, and the room reeked of pesticide. We found a dead cockroach between the mini-fridge and the wall, a live one in our bedroom, and another dead one in front of the pool area. The indoor pool was quite small and chilly. Thankfully, we only booked one night. The breakfast room was nice and offered a good variety of hot and cold food items. The lady at the front desk seemed shocked and apologetic about the cockroach problem, but didn't offer any compensation for our woes. Usually, we like County Inn and Suties, but avoid this one unless you enjoy the scent of pesticide and uninvited cockroaches in your room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay here with us. Thank you for bring to my attention about the issues in your rooms. We are preparing for renovations very soon here as we are excited to start this new adventure. I am sorry that you thought there were Bugs in your rooms as we had this room checked and the room had fire ants. Again, thank you for the comments.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

What a difference a year makes! We paid almost 20.00 less last year and the quality of the place was so much better last year. The best part of our room was the bed and pillows. We had a great nights sleep. The carpets were stained and the room just seemed dingy. Last year we thought the breakfast was great! That was one of the things that wowed us a lot! Last year there were scrambled eggs, sausage links, patties AND bacon. This year there were preformed egg patties and cold sausage patties. We got down there to eat 30 min after breakfast started and the toast, bagels and English muffins were gone already which seemed bizarre to me considering the room was not packed. It's sad to see the prices go up and the quality go down. A good nights sleep is about all you're going to get.

• Stayed June 2013
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at our hotel. We are please to hear that you enjoyed the beds and pillows. We will see you on your next stay.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here in April on the way home to Minnesota from Florida. Never have had a bad experience at Country Inn and usually my hotel of choice. Stopped somewhere else first that looked newer, but picked here because the price was right. I have no complaint with the staff, they were very friendly and efficient and even upgraded us to a suite. I was exhausted and thought this was really a nice gesture. Well, the minute I walked into the room I noticed a horrible smell like there had been a party there and someone had gotten sick. My friend convinced me not to complain just thinking the room had not been used recently and was maybe musty. So we turned up the air conditioner and went out to eat. When we got back it was no better and I was upset, but like I said, I was so exhausted from driving and just wanted to sleep. When I pulled back the spread and fell into bed I was even more disgusted as the bedding reeked, like the sheets hadn't been washed for years. Long story short, I slept with bath towels(also musty) over the sheets and my sweatshirt pulled over my head. Yes, I am to blame also because I didn't complain and have our room changed, I own that, but it was late by then. All I wanted to do was get some sleep so I could get up early and get the heck out of there. I'm 64 years old and have never, ever had an experience like this. I just can't believe this was a Country Inn. I was going to write a letter to the Corporate Office and try to get my money back. I did complain at the front desk when I checked out and got 10% off, but it didn't help much by then, I went to bed exhausted and left more exhausted. I hope Management takes these complaints to heart and makes some changes. I know I stayed here years ago and thought it was nice back then. I'm sorry, but had to write this in hopes improvements will be made.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so sorry that you were not satified with you stay here back in April. I have not had one problem with any smell out of this room and we have had many happy guest stay in this room since you were here. I will continue to monitor this situation and thank you so much for bring this to my attention.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Comfortable, spacious room. Refrigerator and microwave. The price was reasonable. There were fresh cookies at the front desk, and very good breakfast. They use china and flatware.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was the first time staying at this hotel, we have stayed at a couple others in the area and this by far has been our favorite! The price was great for what you get as well!! It was very warm and inviting upon arrival. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good and they offer free cookies and coffee 24/7. This is a hotel we will definately return to on furture visits to Clarksville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was very friendly and when I asked for a restaurant recommendation, they gave me two. The parking spaces were nice and wide and there were plenty of them. The room was very large, very clean, and quiet. There is lots of counter space in the bathroom and family's would have room to spread out without tripping over each other. The one issue I encountered was with the WiFi. The signal is very weak (at least on the top floor). So much so that I shut it off and switched to cellular.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We sincerely thank you for the wonderful feeedback. It's comments such as yours that help improve our service for you, our valued guest. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you once again and we hope to see you at the Country Inns and Suites Clarksville!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville? Share your experiences!