“Comfortable and clean, but food is.......” 3 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Fork, California
“Comfortable and clean, but food is.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We flew to Clarksville to help our daughter prepare for deployment to Afghanistan--stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. Therefore, we wanted only the essentials in a hotel, i.e., comfortable, clean, reasonably priced, and centrally located. This one met all the criteria. However, their "free" breakfast was of poor quality, particularly the "cheese omelette," which was obviously of the packaged variety. Not only did it taste bad, it was served barely warm. On the last morning I ate there, they ran out of oatmeal (most likely "instant"). The attendant prepared another batch, but served it watery and slightly warm. This was the "last straw." I stayed there 6 nights, but ate there only twice, proving once again "There is no such thing as a free [breakfast]."

Room Tip: Plenty of good restaurants surrounding this hotel. Eat at any of them. Do NOT eat at this hotel un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your comments, and am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast here. I would love to speak with you more, please fill free to contact me at 931-645-1400. Donna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We found this motel to have clean rooms, good breakfast and courteous employees. Plenty of restaurants across the street and shopping nearby. I would recommend this motel to my freinds, worth the money and value perceived.

Room Tip: Room was clean, room was quiet and we had quality check in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for the awsome words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We'll see you soon on your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here on the way home from our florida vacation to visit relatives that live in clarksville TN. This hotel is dated, has a slight musty smell and needs repairs, but room was decent.

A few things I noticed that were in need of repair were: on our floor when getting off elevator, window coverings were missing and rod was still up, our room had holes in the wall where the curtain tie backs of yesteryear once were bolted in the wall and left a huge hole, no one bothered to patch the drywall and repaint. There was an electrical outlet that was in disrepair. Door lock from the bedroom to the living area did not work.

Our 1 bedroom suite had a 'kitchenette', a spot for a stove it looked like with no stove. a mini fridge, I don't remember seeing a table and chairs.

The front desk staff, breakfast staff were all very friendly and helpful, although the breakfast was 'okay'. It would have been nicer to have more hot selections.

Beds were clean and comfortable and the bedroom was huge with two Queen Beds with a door that closed to the living area. Bathroom was kind of dingy. Noticed a litle mold in the shower. They did have Pantene products which was nice. Kitchen seemed kind of dark and dingy.

This hotel was 'okay' for a night, but no way would I want to spend a week here.

We paid $138 for the night, including taxes. I think it was $121 before tax for a one bedroom suite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your comments, and am sorry to hear that we had some small issues during your stay here. We were able to locate the source of the smell, and were able to extinguish it. I would like to discuss this situation with your further. Please contact me at 931-645-1400. (Donna)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was spotlessly clean from the lobby to the room itself. The beds are new Serta beds and so comfortable! The room was exceptionally clean. Bathrooms did NOT have evidence of prior guests (as many hotels do when they don't clean the floors behind the door or in the corners of the tub). The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast met most interests and diet's with their varied options. The breakfast room staff was very friendly and quick to keep the area supplied.

We stopped at this hotel on the way to a funeral and drove an extra three hours from our halfway mark on the way back, to stay at this hotel, once again! The beds were that comfortable! This was an overalll pleasant experience and it will be one I recommend to anyone travelling this way! Restful, clean, friendly and fairly priced...what more could you ask for?
Leigh K.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for the awesome words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We'll see you soon on your next visit.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We actually found this hotel from reading reviews on Trip Advisor! The Best Western we stayed at last year had changed names soooo we were unsure about that. The only thing we didn't like about our room was that it was a little humid and musty smelling but I got out my trusty can of Febreeze and took care of the musty smell. Once the room cooled off the humidity went away. The gal at the front desk was VERY nice and helpful. We thought the breakfast was the best we've had at any hotel we've stayed in!! There was a great variety and it was well organized! I even loved that there was a little coffee cart in the lobby for those not going in for breakfast. Our overall experience was great and would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed at Country Inn on way to vacation. My whole stay from start to finish was excelent. The staff at ther front desk greeted promptly and handleded my check in wonderfully. My room was clean well stocked and spacious. The next morning I had breakfsast in the on site breakfast and it was great. The only problem I had was the air in my room was not cooling properly. I mentioned it to the desk clerk on my way out for dinner who promptly went to her manager. The manager her name tag said Donna promptly came out her ofiice and with a smile asked me how she chould help after expalining the situation she offered to move me to another room or that she would have some look at it whlie I was goene I asked her to have someone look at it as I did not really want the hassle of moving She siad she would. When I arrived back at the hotel later in the evening the problem was fixed. I thought this would be the end of it hower that evening a desk clerk called my room at Donnas request to ask if the problem was fixed. I was most impressed with the fact that she made the effort to follow up with her customer and make sure I was happy. Not only was I called in the evening Donna herself called the room the next morning and followed up with me which was most impressive.. My hats of to Donna it was a pleasure staying in her hotel and all of her staff did an excelent job

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Good Morning Mark! Thank you for for your kind words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreicate your feedback and loyalty to our location. It is out utmost goal to provide you with excellent customer service and we are so excited your enjoyed your visit. We wish you well and hope to see you again soon!

Donna
Salem, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel looks great. Fast check in and easy to get to room. Rooms very nice and spacious. Breakfast was wonderful, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, real oatmeal, fruit, bagels, 4 different coffees choices, teas. I most likely forgot something but you get the idea. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. If you are craving White Castle it's just down the block. We stayed here traveling south and then stayed the next week going north. I slept well, beds very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 28, 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville? Share your experiences!