“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel was spotlessly clean from the lobby to the room itself. The beds are new Serta beds and so comfortable! The room was exceptionally clean. Bathrooms did NOT have evidence of prior guests (as many hotels do when they don't clean the floors behind the door or in the corners of the tub). The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast met most interests and diet's with their varied options. The breakfast room staff was very friendly and quick to keep the area supplied.

We stopped at this hotel on the way to a funeral and drove an extra three hours from our halfway mark on the way back, to stay at this hotel, once again! The beds were that comfortable! This was an overalll pleasant experience and it will be one I recommend to anyone travelling this way! Restful, clean, friendly and fairly priced...what more could you ask for?
Leigh K.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for the awesome words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We'll see you soon on your next visit.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We actually found this hotel from reading reviews on Trip Advisor! The Best Western we stayed at last year had changed names soooo we were unsure about that. The only thing we didn't like about our room was that it was a little humid and musty smelling but I got out my trusty can of Febreeze and took care of the musty smell. Once the room cooled off the humidity went away. The gal at the front desk was VERY nice and helpful. We thought the breakfast was the best we've had at any hotel we've stayed in!! There was a great variety and it was well organized! I even loved that there was a little coffee cart in the lobby for those not going in for breakfast. Our overall experience was great and would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed at Country Inn on way to vacation. My whole stay from start to finish was excelent. The staff at ther front desk greeted promptly and handleded my check in wonderfully. My room was clean well stocked and spacious. The next morning I had breakfsast in the on site breakfast and it was great. The only problem I had was the air in my room was not cooling properly. I mentioned it to the desk clerk on my way out for dinner who promptly went to her manager. The manager her name tag said Donna promptly came out her ofiice and with a smile asked me how she chould help after expalining the situation she offered to move me to another room or that she would have some look at it whlie I was goene I asked her to have someone look at it as I did not really want the hassle of moving She siad she would. When I arrived back at the hotel later in the evening the problem was fixed. I thought this would be the end of it hower that evening a desk clerk called my room at Donnas request to ask if the problem was fixed. I was most impressed with the fact that she made the effort to follow up with her customer and make sure I was happy. Not only was I called in the evening Donna herself called the room the next morning and followed up with me which was most impressive.. My hats of to Donna it was a pleasure staying in her hotel and all of her staff did an excelent job

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Good Morning Mark! Thank you for for your kind words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreicate your feedback and loyalty to our location. It is out utmost goal to provide you with excellent customer service and we are so excited your enjoyed your visit. We wish you well and hope to see you again soon!

Donna
Salem, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel looks great. Fast check in and easy to get to room. Rooms very nice and spacious. Breakfast was wonderful, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, real oatmeal, fruit, bagels, 4 different coffees choices, teas. I most likely forgot something but you get the idea. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. If you are craving White Castle it's just down the block. We stayed here traveling south and then stayed the next week going north. I slept well, beds very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for the awsome words. As a valued guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We'll see you soon on your next visit.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I spent one night while en route to another destination and were very satisfied with the accomodations. The hotel seems relatively new and is conveniently located near I-24, shopping and restaurants. The lobby is spacious and rather plush for a medium-priced hotel. I peeked into the meeting room and was impressed.

The best part of the stay was the free breakfast. Food is varied and fresh, with waffles and eggs cooked to order by a nice lady. Tables are kept clean, too.

The only negative was a musty smell in our first-floor room. It wasn't oppressive and we only noticed it when we first entered the toom. Maybe a second floor room would not have this problem.

I'll stay here again if I pass that way.

Room Tip: Our first floor room smelled a little musty. Try one on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Millington, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times, in fact it is the only hotel I have stayed at in Clarksville. I am a Club Carlson member so I try to use their brands whenever possible. That said I think it's time to find another hotel when visiting Ft.Campbell.
First let me say that the rooms and public areas are always clean and the breakfast is always good. The staff is usually friendly and courteous but at times I have found them to have the "It's just a job" attitude.
Unfortunately this last trip was sub-par and the hotel is in serious need of a new maintenance staff. We arrived early,stowed our luggage in the large and clean suite and left for the post to have dinner with our soldier son. When we returned at 9 pm the room was hot and the A/C would not come on at all in the family area of the suite. I called the desk where I learned that they were aware of the problem. Why did they rent me the room when they knew the A/C was broken? The young lady offered me a much smaller room that would not accommodate us so we declined opting to put our entire party in the bedroom area where the A/C worked because of the late hour. I learned the next morning that the clerk had told the manager we accepted the room. The manager did return my call that next morning promptly and ask what she could do to satisfy the problem. We received a 50% discount on the room. After I showered the next morning I was standing in front of the sink when water began dripping on my head, the ceiling was soaked. I notified the clerk on our departure.
All in all the hotel needs maintenance. A remodel and some new mattress wouldn't hurt the staff needs a refresher on customer service, particularly on greeting guests and recognizing Club Carson members. They no longer seem to offer the express check in for members. I hope the hotel management will address the maintenance issues and this place returns to the great little place it once was.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and check the mechanics.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Mr. Litterell,

Thank you for bringing to our attention about the A/C not working in the front portion of your suite. We have resolved the situation and the A/C is working great. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for choosing us over the competition. We hope to see you again soon!
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for an night during a painfully long road trip. We arrived late but the front desk gentleman was friendly and helpful. I would have given it a five but the roll away was like a medieval torture device.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Donna M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville, responded to this review, May 29, 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clarksville? Share your experiences!