“Dinner wtih Friends” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 316 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Reservations
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Dinner wtih Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great atmosphere, great food and really good home brews. And you have to have the Mapati Flatbread Topped with garlic butter, spinach,mushrooms, diced tomatoes, bacon & mozzarella. Best flatbread I've ever had. 5 Stars in my book.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johnson City, Tennessee
“First time in Clarksville and First time at the Black Horse.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were for a college visit. We had a break and with the help of Trip Advisor found this jewel! The service was outstanding!!! Phillip was great! He was knowledgeable, courteous and fast. The turkey ruben was very good. The turkey moist and the bread slightly toasted. The Heart Attack pizza was amazing. Hot, melty, chewy crust, but thin as well. We sat by the fireplace, among college students, professors and locals. I am not a big fan of local flavored beers, but these were outstanding. Not sure we will be back this way again, but would definitely go back.

Indian Mound, Tennessee
“Go for Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were driving around town after church, and came upon the Black Horse. We had already wanted to go, so we were surprised and happy to find them open when the remainder of downtown was pretty much deserted. Our server was Hannah, an amazing waitress who is friendly, knowledgable about the menu, and did an awesome job. Her suggestions were top-notch!

Beer cheese....oh my goodness....excellent. Just...oh...yum. And Atticus? French Toast stuffed with Nutella....sausage on the side...I would eat this every day. The omlet with roasted potatoes was average. All the food was fresh and arrived quickly. I cannot wait to go back. I want to try everything. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. As long as it comes with beer cheese.....

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood,Pa
“Best meal in Clarksville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

You really will enjoy The Black Horse. Great service. We had the pizza and salmon. Both were great. Waitress was very friendly. Sat upstairs where it quite. It was also an easy walk to the hotel.

University Place, Washington
“Food and beer good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went here 3 times in the four days I was here. The food was great, beer and Bloody Mary good, bartenders so-so. I had the Philly flatbread, pretzel with beer cheese and mustard, Cajun pasta with a salad, I would order all three again. The bartenders, I saw 3 different ones, for the most part they seemed very snooty, not the type of bartender I'm use to. If it wasn't for the food, I wouldn't return because of staff.

Visited October 2012