“Best Western Does Not Live Up to It's Name” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn and Suites

You added Gateway Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Gateway Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Holiday Road, Clarksville, TN 37040 (Formerly Executive Inn)   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Montgomery, AL
“Best Western Does Not Live Up to It's Name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This Best Western is outdated. The computer, keyboard, and mouse was filthy, which was located in the lobby!!! The bed had springs prodding me all night long. The furniture was dilapidated. The mini-couch had a stretched out slip cover on it. I would not dare lift up that slip cover. My husband sat on it and almost sunk to the floor. The bath towels had seen their days. The rooms are not Wi Fi, you have to get a cable from the office. The cable connection is across the room from the desk area. I mentioned these discrepancies and was immediately told that the owner has no intent on updating this hotel. They called our room a suite, but it was an oversized room. I can't fault the girls working the front desk, they are victims of the situation. We moved to the Wyngate Hotel a block down - wow what a difference and we only paid $5.00 more. This was like going from a run down shack to a well maintained house.

I have been a Best Western member for years and have noticed a steady decline of Best Western Hotels. I called the Best Western Headquarters and was told the hotels are independently owned, therefore there is not much they can do about it. I recently stayed at a Quality Inn - it was far better than the last two Best Western Hotels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
GatewaySuites, Front Office Manager at Gateway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing Gateway Inn & Suites for your recent stay. Thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is these reviews that help us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are upheld. I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at the Gateway Inn & Suites, I think you will be greatly pleased. Sincerely, Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed 2 nights- 3 suites- the furniture has tears ,dirty and needs replacing the shower has cracks in the walls and been badly patched with caulk, the sink had cracks and really worn out. The personnel were friendly and courteous. The place has really gone downhill in the past 4 years. This was not our first stay but will be the last.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Everyone is right about how wonderful the staff is. But come on Best Western... You’re in the business of SLEEP... You have the cheapest lowest grade mattress money can buy. Your furniture is outdated and worn, and defiantly needs to be updated. You can feel the springs move and make noise as you move positions. If you want a clean hotel and staff with million dollar smiles and nice location, but with an outdated mattress that would be your Chiropractors biggest nightmare... Then this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed here at a very busy time in Clarksville for my husband's return to the United States from a deployment. There was also a convention at the time and available hotel rooms were limited.

The Good: The room was MUCH cheaper than where I usually stay in Clarksville (Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express), and the room was MUCH larger. There are cheaper rates online and I was automatically upgraded to a king suite when I checked in. All of the rooms in this hotel are junior or king suites. This room would be great for a family traveling together, as there is a living area for children to play & could watch TV on their own while parents watched something else. Additionally, it had a kitchenette area with a countertop, microwave, fridge and I think it may have had a sink (I can't remember 100% at the moment, I didn't use it). Everything else about the room was standard, in my opinion.

The Not-So-Good: You need a cord to connect to the internet, but can get it from the front desk. Appliances are older, but working. The room smelled like it might have been a smoking room in the past, but it didn't really bother me. It has outside corridors, but that is true for almost all the hotels/motels in Clarksville.

Overall, I would recommend this for a no-frills room. It was safe and quiet, but not too fancy.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Friendly check in. Room seemed clean, but the furniture is ratty. Holes in the couch looked like from just normal wear and tear. Need to reupholstry or buy some new stuff ! One pkg coffee in the room with 2 cup coffee maker.. if you put two cups of water in it, is watered down.. need more coffee in the individual bags or more bags in the room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

This place is not up to the standard that I would expect in a Best Western lodging facility.
The hotel description on the internet states "Help yourself to our fitness center" - there was no fitness center. That was one of the deciding factors in making our reservation there, my wife likes to exercise when we travel.
The 'breakfast' consisted of a few bagels and some cereal. No selection at all. I don't expect a gourmet meal but some choices would be nice.
The in-room coffee consisted of a packet of regular coffee and one package of condiments. Every other place that we have stayed puts out regular and decaf, plus at least 2 condiment packs. Since we both drink decaf we had to go to the lobby for coffee.
We visit this area at least once a year, but will not stay in this place again.

Stayed February 2008
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 1 evening while traveling from Florida to Nebraska for the holidays. The outside of the property appeared to be fine. They have 24 hour survellience cameras on the property, the police station was next door and a fire station was apparently just a blk the other direction. The room was clean and quiet, but the pillows and all bedding is in serious need of replacement. The wool blanket on the bed was old, knotted and rough feel and the bedspread was thin with stains and a couple small holes in it.... also in need of replacement. The bathroom towels were VERY skimpy!! I couldn't believe how thin they were and they only give you 2 sets of towels...which consisted of the larger bath towel, a hand towel and washcloth. All of which were extremely thin!!! There are several hotels, gas stations and restaurants in this area. The only reason I stayed there was because I travel with a cat and this hotel was 1 of 2 that were reasonably priced and didn't charge an arm and leg for the pet. The Holiday Inn wanted to charge me $50 for the pet fee!! PLEASE! Would stay here again, if I had to....but if I had other opportunities, I'd certainly check out another place in the area.

• Liked — They allowed pets and most in this area did not.
  • Disliked — Was a non-smoking room, but smelt horribly of smoke the second I opened the door!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gateway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!