“Was not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Gateway Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Gateway Inn and Suites
Gateway Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Holiday Road, Clarksville, TN 37040 (Formerly Executive Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Florida
“Was not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was exhausted from driving 14 hours, and needed somewhere to just get a few hours sleep. I can't do stairs and the only non smoking downstairs room was a handicap. When I entered the room, there was a smell in the room. I bring Lysol with me so I sprayed the room well. After that, it was fine. The AC worked very well. I am in the habit of checking all beds from the foot to the head. (to make sure I am going to be sleeping in a clean bed). All was fine there. The room was clean, if a bit dated. There was evidence that some work had been done in the room but it was hit or miss. Would I stay here again? Yes, if I knew it was for sleep only. I would not stay here for longer than 2 nights. The front desk was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Let me start this review out by saying this was the most horrible experience i have had with a hotel since i have been traveling, and i have travled for a long time. When i firtst waked into the room it was smelly and did not have the word clean no where around. This hotel was so fility i cant even descirbe it in words but for anyone looking for as simple as a good night sleep this is not the place to go because you will be up all night thinking about is it clean. DON'T DO ITTHIS PLACE SHOULD BE FINED.

Room Tip: They don't have any good rooms trust me I was in the suite and felt like I was In a cheap motel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
blue mountains
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We travelled across the country, coast to coast in March 2011, stopping in Clarksville late at night. One tip - unless you're super familiar with a town, stop before dark, drive around the area and then make your decision. The other Best Western hotels we've stayed at have ranged from pretty good to fabulous (fab in Ogden Utah), so thought we'd be okay. Stopped at the desk and found out the price was Cheap Cheap. Hmmm...should have been a clue..but the front desk girl was so very sweet we decided to book it. Got to the room and it was obvious that, 1) Either no one had stayed here for a very long time, i.e., very dusty... or... 2) The cleaning staff came in and pulled the bedding up over the sheets and that's it. Well we found out the answer is: #2 - There was left over balls of toothpaste in the sink; toothpaste splatters on the mirror and, well, all other indications of inhabitation. We pulled the comforter off (completely, as is our habit) then the blanket and discovered human hair all over the sheets. We immediately called the front desk and were 'upgraded' to a king suite to appease our disgust. Checked into the Suite -which is super large, but very 60s, and again - Not So Clean. No signs of life, but was still dusty and in disrepair. We stayed the night and tried to pretend we were camping, which we love. The place really is SHAMEFUL. I'm hesitant to give this hotel any 5 star rating, but due to their choice of employee, I have to give 5 for Service. I hope the nice girl that was on duty that night has moved on to a property deserving of her hospitality.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Well, the keyboard is still filthy. The room was fine. Bath also. The staff: great. However, the breakfast bar was totally inadequate. When I got there, the coffee was gone. There was a man, said he was the owner or manager, who I asked about the coffee and he directed me to go to the kitchen (I had no idea where it was) and tell someone to make more coffee. I looked at him, and he realized that was not the way to do things. The variety was okay, but there was not much there and there was no hot food unless you count oatmeal or toasting bread or bagels. These days they can get egg and sausage wraps to heat up in the microwave that suffice really well, if you are short of staff. Anyway, the front desk clerk was also the (cook). And she was running ragged. Not a good way to run things at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was disgusting! The 1st floor room smelled like a wet dog rolled around the room. The sheets had tears and stains as the blankets looked as if they were worn into by a homeless person. The shower had foot stains and the soap holder was slightly off. Spiders crept around the bed and I used my hand as a pillow in fear that the pillows were not clean which also had stains. Unfortunately the other hotels in the area were booked. I felt dirty after taking a shower. If you want cleanliness, comfort, value and safety, this hotel lacks all of it. It's not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2011
Montgomery, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

This Best Western is outdated. The computer, keyboard, and mouse was filthy, which was located in the lobby!!! The bed had springs prodding me all night long. The furniture was dilapidated. The mini-couch had a stretched out slip cover on it. I would not dare lift up that slip cover. My husband sat on it and almost sunk to the floor. The bath towels had seen their days. The rooms are not Wi Fi, you have to get a cable from the office. The cable connection is across the room from the desk area. I mentioned these discrepancies and was immediately told that the owner has no intent on updating this hotel. They called our room a suite, but it was an oversized room. I can't fault the girls working the front desk, they are victims of the situation. We moved to the Wyngate Hotel a block down - wow what a difference and we only paid $5.00 more. This was like going from a run down shack to a well maintained house.

I have been a Best Western member for years and have noticed a steady decline of Best Western Hotels. I called the Best Western Headquarters and was told the hotels are independently owned, therefore there is not much they can do about it. I recently stayed at a Quality Inn - it was far better than the last two Best Western Hotels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed 2 nights- 3 suites- the furniture has tears ,dirty and needs replacing the shower has cracks in the walls and been badly patched with caulk, the sink had cracks and really worn out. The personnel were friendly and courteous. The place has really gone downhill in the past 4 years. This was not our first stay but will be the last.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Gateway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!