“Best kept secret in Clarksville” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Enterprise, Alabama
“Best kept secret in Clarksville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Took my daughter in-law to the Looking Glass and we had a nice time! Food was excellant especially the seafood bisque and the cheese cakes are to die for. Great atmosphere and very friendly service. Will be back and bring many of my family and friends so they can see this gem in Clarksville. Looking forward to the garden this spring!

• Visited December 2011

Tennessee
“Breakfast was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have only been here for breakfast, but it has always been very good. Get the breakfast sandwich (on croissant) with bacon. It's great.

• Visited November 2011
Clarksville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not quite what I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had heard nothing but good things about The Looking Glass so after six years of living in Clarksville, we decided to check it out. I really had high expectations, maybe too high. My husband and I were not impressed. I had the chicken salad plate with a side salad, potato salad, and cucumber salad. There were TWO slices of cucumber smothered in a sour cream sauce. It wasn't bad had I had a little bit more to taste. For the price, the chicken salad should have been plated in 14 carat gold. The portion was small and the taste was just average. He had the smoked salmon sandwich, which after two bites said the smokiness was just way overpowering. I happened to like it and would probably order it again. Not at all what I was expecting. I think next time we'll try Silke's which was much more reasonable for lunch. I will say that the atmosphere was great. (We sat outside by the fountain). But the food and service? Just not up to par.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ft. Campbell, KY
“Don't go through the looking glass.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Being new to the area, I had never eaten at the Looking Glass before, but tried it based on an excellent review from a friend in the area. The salmon Wellington was undercooked, the chicken was scorched and tough, and the the service was awful. After waiting over an hour for our food (and watching other diners come, eat, and go) our sadly substandard food finally arrived an hour and a half after we arrived. The Staff made no real effort to correct the bad service either, their concession was to not charge our party for water and our one Italian soda. They did charge us full price for everything else however, and even overcharged us the price of the soda on a child's pasta dish. In addition, there were no toiletries in the restrooms and even the soap dispensers were broken. All in all, this was an expensive lesson learned, so take a page from our book and skip this one.

Disappointed in Clarksville TN.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm not sure about the other reviews, maybe it was just a bad night. But, on average, we dine at The Looking Glass about once a week or at least every other week. For this town, there aren't many restaurants, and good ones at that! So, we really enjoy eating here! The food is good, we have yet to have a bad meal, and the service is good as well. Friday and Saturday nights there is live music that plays (which is our favorite nights to go!) It is regretful that other people have had a bad experience, but this restaurant is a true gem!

• Visited July 2011