“Breakfast was great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Tennessee
“Breakfast was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have only been here for breakfast, but it has always been very good. Get the breakfast sandwich (on croissant) with bacon. It's great.

• Visited November 2011

62% Recommend
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Not quite what I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had heard nothing but good things about The Looking Glass so after six years of living in Clarksville, we decided to check it out. I really had high expectations, maybe too high. My husband and I were not impressed. I had the chicken salad plate with a side salad, potato salad, and cucumber salad. There were TWO slices of cucumber smothered in a sour cream sauce. It wasn't bad had I had a little bit more to taste. For the price, the chicken salad should have been plated in 14 carat gold. The portion was small and the taste was just average. He had the smoked salmon sandwich, which after two bites said the smokiness was just way overpowering. I happened to like it and would probably order it again. Not at all what I was expecting. I think next time we'll try Silke's which was much more reasonable for lunch. I will say that the atmosphere was great. (We sat outside by the fountain). But the food and service? Just not up to par.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ft. Campbell, KY
“Don't go through the looking glass.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Being new to the area, I had never eaten at the Looking Glass before, but tried it based on an excellent review from a friend in the area. The salmon Wellington was undercooked, the chicken was scorched and tough, and the the service was awful. After waiting over an hour for our food (and watching other diners come, eat, and go) our sadly substandard food finally arrived an hour and a half after we arrived. The Staff made no real effort to correct the bad service either, their concession was to not charge our party for water and our one Italian soda. They did charge us full price for everything else however, and even overcharged us the price of the soda on a child's pasta dish. In addition, there were no toiletries in the restrooms and even the soap dispensers were broken. All in all, this was an expensive lesson learned, so take a page from our book and skip this one.

Disappointed in Clarksville TN.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm not sure about the other reviews, maybe it was just a bad night. But, on average, we dine at The Looking Glass about once a week or at least every other week. For this town, there aren't many restaurants, and good ones at that! So, we really enjoy eating here! The food is good, we have yet to have a bad meal, and the service is good as well. Friday and Saturday nights there is live music that plays (which is our favorite nights to go!) It is regretful that other people have had a bad experience, but this restaurant is a true gem!

• Visited July 2011
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Wow!!! what a great meal and time we had!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I've always gone during the week but a group of us went on Friday night and the food was awsome!!! We have been on other nights of the week but found out that Friday there was entertainment with a celtic group. Boy are they good too. It was great background music and we could still have a conversation. We learned that Saturday night there was a singer who preformed "oldies" music. You must go and try the sweet potatoe fries, the mac & cheese and those crab cakes! I'm originally from Maryland and the Maryland crab cakes don't even come close to tasteing as great as the ones at The Looking Glass! The crab cakes I had in Maryland didn't taste like they even have crab meat in them.

We visited the pastry case and this decision was as difficult as the main course. Everything is "home made" and looked great. Well, we ended the evening with a glass of wine and carrot cake. Cake slices a very large. I'm glad they have "to go" boxes - I had more of the carrot cake for the next mornings breakfast.

Anyone wanting a gourmet meal, where the resturand is not trying to "turn over the table" in a certain amount of time, needs to visit the Looking Glass, you just must.

I must host a business meeting and I inquired about their new room. It's private too. A manager named Tom was informative and I believe he will be great to work with. We can meet , have a lunch, break refreshments and they have all the audio/visual equipment that I will need. If the weather is nice we can have the break in the garden. They have this neat pond with colorful fish. Most relaxing.

We had such a great time I wanted to share this with everyone.

Can't wait to return - think I'll try breakfast one Saturday.

• Visited July 2011