“Definitely worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children
Description: Potato: The New Pasta
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff is friendly and accomodating. I loved how the chef himself asked me how I would like my food cooked. But more importantly, the food is delicious and affordable. This place is most definitely worth a vist.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Detroit, Michigan
“Unique, Friendly, Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very different. Not fast food as we are accustomed to. Host was genuinely friendly and interested in us having a good visit. Food was fresh. Portions very adequate. They have a lunch portion for $5. Definitely recommended. Everyone in our group enjoyed it. Four of us paid $34 for lunch. Worth it for fresh food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We absolutely love the food here, I particularly get the Buffalo on Fries bowl every time. Unfortunately its very expensive and we have stopped going regular as it costs about 50 dollars per visit for the whole family.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Total Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had high hopes for this place when I saw they were putting it in since I am a potato lover. I thought it would be perfect to have a local (non-chain) fast food restaurant nearby my house. Unfortunately this restaurant has been nothing but a disappointment the multiple times I've tried it. The food is overpriced (I think it was somewhere around $11 for one potato and a drink). Granted, it's a large amount of food that you get but I would rather have a smaller portion and a cheaper price.I also wouldn't mind it being so expensive if it was actually GOOD, but it's not. Don't get me wrong - it's not disgusting, it's just.......bland. Every single option I've tried tastes like it has ZERO seasoning on it. Even the french fries tasted like they had no salt on them! I also do not understand the way they choose to execute their menu. Why are there only like 10 types of potatoes offered?? Why is there no "build-your-own" option?? I mean, why is there no option for just a REGULAR loaded baked potato (sour cream, butter, cheese, bacon, chives)??? It makes no sense!! There was a similar concept restaurant where I went to college that executes the "potato concept" so much better in my opinion. I was hoping Potato Bowl would be similar but it's just not. If management reads this, here's the website to the restaurant I mentioned if you want to check it out: http://www.potatoshack.biz/main.php?store=NorthGate I honestly hope you take this all as constructive criticism because I really do want to see this restaurant succeed, but I do not see Potato Bowl lasting very long in Clarksville without some major changes.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Love the concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try the Potato Bowl after driving by the establishment. The cashier was extremely friendly and very helpful with the menu items.

My husband ordered the ClarkVegas over hand cut fries, and he really enjoyed the meal. Well, he ordered a side of sour cream and guacamole to add to his bowl and that really made it tastier. I ordered the Mexicana over hand cut French fries with grilled chicken. Wow, that was a mountain of great tasting food, and it was over loaded with chicken. I tried to talk my husband into eating some of mine but he couldn't. In other words, the food is piled high in the bowl and most of the ingredients are natural and made in the store., it was well worth the price paid for our meals. Will go back and take other family members with me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere