“Nice service” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   254 Holiday Rd, I-24 at Exit #4 - US 79/SR 13, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Ranked #22 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
“Nice service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Rooms clean service very good nice price William cash

• Stayed June 2012

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I travel back and forth between Atlanta and St Louis quite often and tend to stay in Clarksville a lot because it's pretty much a half way point. I stay at ABVI often because f their Value Club discount/benefit card. I've stayed at this ABVI in this past and never recall an experience I had on 5/21/12. This elderly woman behind the counter (I think she was German) was very rude, unaccommodating, forgetful and slow. It took 15 - 20 minutes for the gentleman in front of me to get checked in because she kept forgetting what shew had just told him. I was dancing around the lobby because I really had to go to the bathroom after being on the road. She told me the lobby bathroom didn't work and snapped at me when i asked for another solution. I really had to go.What bothered me most was she gave the man in front of me the same exact kind of room I got which was next door to his for 39.99 and she tried charging me 66.00. After feeling like I was in an auction we finally settled on 52.00 even with my Value Club discount. I was pissed. I believe she profiled me because I was on a motorcycle and I had tattoos.
I got to the room and it was nice enough but I found it bare.The phone was tucked behind the night stand and didn't work so I couldn't call for the WiFi code nor a wake up call . There was no alarm clock so I had to call my wife in Atlanta late at night to give me a wakeup call in the morning. There was no coffee maker in the room, the TV was inaudible. When I went up front to ask for the WiFi code I had to explain to her over and over what it was after getting dirty looks because she had to get up off the couch in the lobby after I interrupted whatever she was watching on TV. (By the way, someone was walking out of the bathroom she told me was out of order)
After discovering the phone didn't work I walked back to the front desk finding the door to the lobby had been closed and locked and no answer when I knocked. I think she went to sleep. Early the next morning I walked back to the lobby and asked for a late check out. I got one but soon after the maid was knocking on the door telling me it was past checkout. I explained I had asked for a late checkout and 15 minutes later she was back knocking on the door asking when I would be leaving. 15 minutes after that the Manager/Owner was knocking on the door asking when I would be checking out. At that point I said screw it, hurriedly packed up my bag left. I will not be back and I will advise anyone I know not to stay there either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Ok well let's see here the people were usually nice except the older woman was very rude. There was dry snot n stuff on the walls and I heard another customer saying he had dry blood on his sheets and hair. Ewwww....never again!

• Stayed May 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We arrived at the hotel having booked on line through an agency. We were directed to our rooms by an aimiable desk clerk who was effeicient enough. On our way to our rooms we passed window frames on other rooms that had buckled window frames. We entered through an outside door with a missing lock (the lock location was rusted so had been missing for some time), we passed under a smoke sensor that was hanging from the ceiling (there was no way of telling whether it worked but I drew my own conclusions)and we went into adjoining rooms where the lock of the adjoining door had been broken. The room was tidy but very tired.

The security / fire situation bothered me greatly. We didn't unpack but went back to the desk, explained our concerns and, after a brief and courteous exchange, were re-credited with the booking fee. The staff member tried to allay our concerns and handled the matter well when I could not be placated.

The worst part of the story is that a couple of days later the booking agency informed me that the hotel had advised them that we had failed to show and I was being booked for a night's stay. So the hotel lied to the booking agency.

This hotel is not only unsafe but untrustworthy and the manager needs retraining not the staff.

Definitely not suitable for families. May suit construction workers who seemed to form the greatest part of the occupancy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

Me and a friend where coming to town to visit some family and we found this hotel online. We decided it would be ok since we would only be in the room to sleep!
We checked in at 5pm and never entered the room. We where in a hurry to see family we hadn't seen in a while! We returned to the hotel at approx 1am. We found a do not disturb sign on the door. we decided that maybe it had been forgotten by the cleaning crew.
Upon entering the room we found dirty towels all over the floor, the bed had clearly been used, and the shower was still wet from the last use. When we went to ask the clerk what was going on she informed us that we checked in at 5 and in there eyes we had been in there all day. When I asked her to check the security tapes she told me the cameras didn't work and they where only to "make you feel safe."
At 1:00 in the morning we where forced to leave the hotel and get another because they refused to give me my money back or a new room. If you are considering staying in Clarksville I'm begging you to spend a few extra dollars to stay away from this place. I have NEVER been treated so poorly in my life!

• Stayed June 2011
clarkabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Kenny91,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our motel. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Please know that we do have security cameras on premises. They are fully operational. We have taken corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again in the future, including additional front desk training.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, TN
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Hello,

I had made a reservation through Priceline.com for your location in Clarksville, TN on Holiday Ln. Our reservation was for 2 rooms for 1 night, both with double beds. There was to be 4 of us staying in these 2 rooms on our way home from a week long camping trip. We arrived at the hotel approx 3PM on June 13th and went to check in.

We spoke with a woman with an accent while checking in. It took her over 20 minutes to check us in and proceeded to question me why we needed 4 beds where there were 4 of us, because she could tell by my ring my husband I were married and we only needed 3 beds. She argued with me, attempting to get me to agree to have 3 beds instead of what I reserved. She then proceeded to question me why I would go on a vacation without my children, cause she could tell from my "belly" that I had children.

I assumed this might be a cultural difference and she wasn't being rude and let it slide. We went up to our rooms (210 and 212), which had cracks in the walls of the room with the drywall peeling, the shower curtains were falling apart, and the bathroom doors and shower curtain were filthy. Each room only had 2 small towels and 1 washcloth. There was no paper, no pens, no guides, and no clocks in the room either.

The pool was closed and we were told they didn't know when it would be open cause the owner didn't have time to check the PH. Part of the reason we got this hotel was for the pool.

We also had to ask 5 times for the WiFi password.

We went down to the front desk to ask for more towels as we had been in a field for a week and were filthy. We were going to need more than 4 towels and 2 washcloths for 4 people. My husband was told no because we might steal them. The person in my 2nd room asked and was trold no because he would invite his friends up there and have a party (Mind you, we live in NEBRASKA and this is TN). I finally went down and asked myself to be told that we would have to return our dirty towels to get clean ones and she didn;t care that we wanted more, cause over 50% of their guests steal and we would too. I threw a fit and was told it was too bad and to leave the front desk area after this woman got done yelling about theft and pounding the counter. She also proceeded to ask my husband EVERYTIME (at least 4 times) he came in to show ID and a room key because he didn't belong there and looked suspicions cause of his long hair.

We then received a call at 10ish PM waking us up at night after bring there since 3 that we needed to move our camper and truck as customers were complaining there were NO parking spaces. We went outside and and counted 15 open spaces and went to go to the front desk to ask why this was a problem after 6.5 hours of us being there and we TOLD her we had a camper and would need more than 1 space. We were then told by the night clerk that she was gone, we didn't have to move, and she had no idea why the woman would have called us and told me that.

This woman finally gave us 2 towels and 1 washcloth but made us turn in our others so we didn't steal as well. We had to share 2 towels and 1 washcloth between 4 people to shower at 5AM.

We went down for the "continental" breakfast at 6AM to find stale honeybuns in a basket and coffee.

When we left about 7AM, I asked to speak with the manager. He lives there and the staff called him and he proceeded to tell the staff that he wasn't ready, would be late, and wasn't coming down. I asked to speak with him on the phone and he refused. I've called 4x now to speak with him and never received a return phone call.

I have NEVER been treated this poorly at a hotel. The customer service and room was HORRIBLE. I'm ready to escalate this manner because I feel after all of this, I deserve some sort of refund. If we weren't low on cash with no other options at the time, I would have walked out.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

This hotel is great if you need that extra inspiration to get up early and hit the road, since you'll not want to spend any more time than necessary in this dive.

The main hall smells strangely like pickles. The room we got was a smoking room (we requested non-smoking), so it smelled pretty bad. Worse than the pickle hallway. The beds were old and thin. There was no clock. The walls needed to be cleaned better and were scuffed up. The showerhead screeched like a dying bird, incredibly loud. And there was only one towel provided for our family of 4. Oh, and the walls are super thin, you can hear phone conversations quite easily. Breakfast consisted of little prepackaged rolls, orange drink (not juice) and coffee.

Next time we will spend the extra $ and go somewhere better.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are addressing these issues, including retraining of our staff. We hope that you give us another opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, TN

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville? Share your experiences!