“You get what u pay for I guess...” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   254 Holiday Rd, I-24 at Exit #4 - US 79/SR 13, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Ranked #22 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
“You get what u pay for I guess...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Ok well let's see here the people were usually nice except the older woman was very rude. There was dry snot n stuff on the walls and I heard another customer saying he had dry blood on his sheets and hair. Ewwww....never again!

• Stayed May 2012

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We arrived at the hotel having booked on line through an agency. We were directed to our rooms by an aimiable desk clerk who was effeicient enough. On our way to our rooms we passed window frames on other rooms that had buckled window frames. We entered through an outside door with a missing lock (the lock location was rusted so had been missing for some time), we passed under a smoke sensor that was hanging from the ceiling (there was no way of telling whether it worked but I drew my own conclusions)and we went into adjoining rooms where the lock of the adjoining door had been broken. The room was tidy but very tired.

The security / fire situation bothered me greatly. We didn't unpack but went back to the desk, explained our concerns and, after a brief and courteous exchange, were re-credited with the booking fee. The staff member tried to allay our concerns and handled the matter well when I could not be placated.

The worst part of the story is that a couple of days later the booking agency informed me that the hotel had advised them that we had failed to show and I was being booked for a night's stay. So the hotel lied to the booking agency.

This hotel is not only unsafe but untrustworthy and the manager needs retraining not the staff.

Definitely not suitable for families. May suit construction workers who seemed to form the greatest part of the occupancy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

Me and a friend where coming to town to visit some family and we found this hotel online. We decided it would be ok since we would only be in the room to sleep!
We checked in at 5pm and never entered the room. We where in a hurry to see family we hadn't seen in a while! We returned to the hotel at approx 1am. We found a do not disturb sign on the door. we decided that maybe it had been forgotten by the cleaning crew.
Upon entering the room we found dirty towels all over the floor, the bed had clearly been used, and the shower was still wet from the last use. When we went to ask the clerk what was going on she informed us that we checked in at 5 and in there eyes we had been in there all day. When I asked her to check the security tapes she told me the cameras didn't work and they where only to "make you feel safe."
At 1:00 in the morning we where forced to leave the hotel and get another because they refused to give me my money back or a new room. If you are considering staying in Clarksville I'm begging you to spend a few extra dollars to stay away from this place. I have NEVER been treated so poorly in my life!

• Stayed June 2011
clarkabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Kenny91,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our motel. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Please know that we do have security cameras on premises. They are fully operational. We have taken corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again in the future, including additional front desk training.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, TN
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Hello,

I had made a reservation through Priceline.com for your location in Clarksville, TN on Holiday Ln. Our reservation was for 2 rooms for 1 night, both with double beds. There was to be 4 of us staying in these 2 rooms on our way home from a week long camping trip. We arrived at the hotel approx 3PM on June 13th and went to check in.

We spoke with a woman with an accent while checking in. It took her over 20 minutes to check us in and proceeded to question me why we needed 4 beds where there were 4 of us, because she could tell by my ring my husband I were married and we only needed 3 beds. She argued with me, attempting to get me to agree to have 3 beds instead of what I reserved. She then proceeded to question me why I would go on a vacation without my children, cause she could tell from my "belly" that I had children.

I assumed this might be a cultural difference and she wasn't being rude and let it slide. We went up to our rooms (210 and 212), which had cracks in the walls of the room with the drywall peeling, the shower curtains were falling apart, and the bathroom doors and shower curtain were filthy. Each room only had 2 small towels and 1 washcloth. There was no paper, no pens, no guides, and no clocks in the room either.

The pool was closed and we were told they didn't know when it would be open cause the owner didn't have time to check the PH. Part of the reason we got this hotel was for the pool.

We also had to ask 5 times for the WiFi password.

We went down to the front desk to ask for more towels as we had been in a field for a week and were filthy. We were going to need more than 4 towels and 2 washcloths for 4 people. My husband was told no because we might steal them. The person in my 2nd room asked and was trold no because he would invite his friends up there and have a party (Mind you, we live in NEBRASKA and this is TN). I finally went down and asked myself to be told that we would have to return our dirty towels to get clean ones and she didn;t care that we wanted more, cause over 50% of their guests steal and we would too. I threw a fit and was told it was too bad and to leave the front desk area after this woman got done yelling about theft and pounding the counter. She also proceeded to ask my husband EVERYTIME (at least 4 times) he came in to show ID and a room key because he didn't belong there and looked suspicions cause of his long hair.

We then received a call at 10ish PM waking us up at night after bring there since 3 that we needed to move our camper and truck as customers were complaining there were NO parking spaces. We went outside and and counted 15 open spaces and went to go to the front desk to ask why this was a problem after 6.5 hours of us being there and we TOLD her we had a camper and would need more than 1 space. We were then told by the night clerk that she was gone, we didn't have to move, and she had no idea why the woman would have called us and told me that.

This woman finally gave us 2 towels and 1 washcloth but made us turn in our others so we didn't steal as well. We had to share 2 towels and 1 washcloth between 4 people to shower at 5AM.

We went down for the "continental" breakfast at 6AM to find stale honeybuns in a basket and coffee.

When we left about 7AM, I asked to speak with the manager. He lives there and the staff called him and he proceeded to tell the staff that he wasn't ready, would be late, and wasn't coming down. I asked to speak with him on the phone and he refused. I've called 4x now to speak with him and never received a return phone call.

I have NEVER been treated this poorly at a hotel. The customer service and room was HORRIBLE. I'm ready to escalate this manner because I feel after all of this, I deserve some sort of refund. If we weren't low on cash with no other options at the time, I would have walked out.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

This hotel is great if you need that extra inspiration to get up early and hit the road, since you'll not want to spend any more time than necessary in this dive.

The main hall smells strangely like pickles. The room we got was a smoking room (we requested non-smoking), so it smelled pretty bad. Worse than the pickle hallway. The beds were old and thin. There was no clock. The walls needed to be cleaned better and were scuffed up. The showerhead screeched like a dying bird, incredibly loud. And there was only one towel provided for our family of 4. Oh, and the walls are super thin, you can hear phone conversations quite easily. Breakfast consisted of little prepackaged rolls, orange drink (not juice) and coffee.

Next time we will spend the extra $ and go somewhere better.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are addressing these issues, including retraining of our staff. We hope that you give us another opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Regards,
Dipak-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville, TN
Clarksville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I did a pcs move with the army, and our family had to move in a hurry. We didnt know the area so we had to find a place to stay fast. We originally chose Quality Inn exit 4 because I was able to book it online and see everything. It was great.....but my daughter broke her ankle and all the bottom floor rooms were booked due to us staying during valentines week. We moved down the road to Americas Best value inn. They told us there was guest laundry and internet. When we got in there we did find a washer and dryer but the dryer didnt dry clothes and there was no internet connection except from what we barely picked up at wynham hotel across the street, and it was so weak that most of our stay we couldnt get online so we always had to leave the hotel to wash our clothes and get online. The lady at the front desk was rude to us when we told her the internet didnt work. The front doors are kept locked so that nobody can get in but the side door to the laundry room , that is supposed to also be locked is broken so that anyone can get in. The keys to the door didnt work half the time. There was no fridge or microwave in the room so we had to ask for one. One of the soda machines eats money. The tvs are supposed to be on a tv shelf up high on the wall, but the one in our room was sitting on the dresser/desk so that the wall outlets were blocked. we had to move it back to where it was supposed to be so that we could use the plug ins for our laptop and cell phone charger. The so called free breakfast is a joke its nothing more than mini honey buns , mini muffins, tiny glasses of orange juice and coffee. I wouldnt suggest this place to anyone. we moved out of there and moved into Americas Best Inn. They actually have internet and also have a cheap price. The Quality Inn Exit 4 is the best hotel I have seen in clarksville though.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
DeKalb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We do a lot of travelling as a group of friends and we stay in similar hotels all over, and this was the nicest one we've seen in a long time! The staff was extremely friendly and efficient at check-in and our room was amazingly clean. It looked like everything was brand new, from the large bathroom to the very nice carpet to the completely clean and tidy beds and dresser surfaces, walls, decor, TV... everything was GREAT! Upon checkout, we were greeted by the same friendly staff and we asked about the age of the hotel or how recently it had been fixed up and they said it hadn't been touched in 10 years, they just keep it really clean. WOW! I would have honestly guessed that it had been completely overhauled in the past few months, but they said the most they've done is re-dye the carpet a couple years ago!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Clarksville? Share your experiences!