“Wow, I guess opinions vary on this place.” 4 of 5 stars

You added GuestHouse International Inn Clarksville to your Saves list
GuestHouse International Inn Clarksville
3083 B Wilma Rudolph Boulevard, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Clarksville
“Wow, I guess opinions vary on this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Had I read these reviews ahead of time I probably would not have stayed here. Stayed here due to a coupon in the book from the rest areas and welcome centers. Found the hotel clerk to be a very nice girl with a pleasant attitude, the rooms while dated were clean and comfortable and better than most super 8s I have stayed in. In a busy crowded location but surprisingly quiet and peaceful. Average continental breakfast, speedy wifi, not the most comfortable bed but by far not the worst either. For the price I was satisfied and would consider another overnite stay while passing through.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

On our way home from Florida, we stopped in Clarksville TN at the Guesthouse International Inn. It was very reasonably priced, quiet, clean. We had a room on the 2nd floor at the very end, and pretty sure there weren't any rooms being used around us as it was very quiet.

The one negative thing we noticed is that it took a very long time for the water to become hot. We had to run it for about 5-10 minutes before it warmed up. I'm guessing that the rooms on that end of the building had not been used for awhile.

The room appeared to be fairly clean - particularily the bathroom, and I am pretty finnicky about those things. Sounds like other visitors have had issues with bugs and cleanliness, but we did not experience that (yes, I did check the bed for bugs!). We had a king non-smoking room, and it was pretty spacious (actually a suite).

I think this hotel gave us what we expected (maybe more) for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Checked in 2/28 after a long day of travel. Upon entering the room we could see filth in the carpeting and what looked like pizza sauce on the walls by the door. Wanting to take a shower, I turned on hot water but it was cold....called front desk. they said to let water run 5-10 minutes as room had not been used in a while. Finally did get warm water. Coming out of shower, I noted a coffee maker, an "amenity" mentioned upon check-in, but there was no coffee pot! Then I went to pull back bedding and saw immediately 5-6 bed bugs, on pillow and in sheets. I called front desk and asked her to come to the room as I was very upset and wanted her to see for herself and said I would be leaving and wanted a full refund. She did not show up, so my friend and I packed up and went to the lobby. I was told I had to wait for manager for refund. Well, the manager showed up about 25 minutes later and ignored me. He went straight behind desk, got a master key and somehow went another way to the room. I went around the outside and entered the room and he was pulling bedding apart and refused to listen to me so I could show him the bugs... there was one he could plainly see, however, denied seeing it as he quickly shook out the sheet and lifted mattresses. He was rude and in denial and would not talk with me reasonably. I was very upset and met him again in the lobby where I expected to get my refund. He offered another room, however, I was not at all interested in another room at this hotel by this time. He finally said he would give a partial refund as he "would not be able to rent the room out that night now". Well it was now almost 11 PM and the place was virtually empty of guests (not a good sign I guess), so he had plenty of rooms. After requesting numerous times my refund and make a fuss, he finally refunded me my cash. This was a horrible experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jerseyville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel has very good rates compared to other hotels in the area. We were driving home from North Carolina to Illinois when we needed to stop for the night to rest, i had called several other hotels in the area and they were very highly priced. We got a 2 queen bed room for 67.00 total when everyone else wanted 100.00. I usually check the room out before i pay but was so tired from driving i did not this time and the room ended up being clean and not a bad room at all. When checking in there were other there that seemed to be having a few issues but we had none at all. The help could be a little more friendly but other than that no major complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We came here to find housing before we pcs'd. We got here super late, with our large dog, and at midnight, we didn't feel like trying to find something else, plus several places were booked or super expensive. The room stank, it was non smoking but it smelled like a musty ashtray. The carpets were sticky. We couldn't go barefoot, it felt disgusting. My boyfriend laid down on the coverlet and I was like gross you know that as nasty as this place is that hasn't been washed. Needless to say we struggled through it for three nights, because it was cheap,but ewww. I washed everything when we got home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay for a couple days, since we were Pcsing. We were about to check in until the front receptionaist was completely rude! Every question we asked she gave us the worst attitude. I asked to see the room before paying and that was a problem for her. In the end we did NOT stay at this place. I've tried to contact the manager numerous times leaving my name and number to report his/her employee however its been two days and I have yet heard from them. The establishment clearly does not care about their costomers. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLAcE! there are other hotels around the area!!
Btw they had a pool but was not open.
(in 90 degree weather)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

First they messed up our reservation and only had a smoking room upon our arrival. It was totally nasty. Not only reeked of stale cigarettes, but the room was really beat on. The next day my husband talked to the manager, who was not even apologetic, yet did move us to a non-smoking room. The room was better because it was smoke-free but still beat on. It was also missing its coffee pot and hair dryer.

The breakfast buffet was gross. There was hardly any food, a couple of pieces of bread that looked like they'd been there for days (not kidding). Basically there was cereal and milk. Only positive thing was that there was coffee and it was okay.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to GuestHouse International Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!