“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had a very good experience during my stay at the Red Roof Inn. The lobby is clean and updated. The front desk staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The stairs to the second floor are tired and the metal edging is coming off so they present a challenge when using them. They need to be replaced soon.
The room was clean and met my expectations for the price I paid. I would recommend this property to anyone that is looking for a quiet place to stay that has easy access to the Interstate, many food choices and fuel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Helena, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We used this hotel for a rest stop for one night and found the value good but the overall experience was average. At this exit interchange on Interstate 24 there are MANY hotels to choose from in all price ranges. Check-in was fast and dest clerk was very efficient. The room was quiet and clean. Nothing outstanding but we only needed a bed and place to rest on our journey. The breakfast was the outdated Continental Breakfast fare with all Carbs. We opted for a cup of coffee and chose to eat later on up the road. Overall rating of "average" given was because we have seen better and worse.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We arrived late on Saturday night (11pm) after a long drive from Georgia with a 5 year old. After checking out several other hotels in the area, they only had smoking available which we didn't want. Not only did we get a great room but we used a coupon we had got at the rest stop. The room was very clean and on the bottom floor (we requested). I was kinda worried when the doors were locked and we made the arrangements through a window with a slide out drawer but the clerk was very nice and friendly. The room and bathroom were very clean. Two standard bed (wish it was queen). We would recommend this as a great family place to stay. It was directly across from the police station and very quite.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed there one night on the last week of May 2012. We had advanced reservations and hotel was advised that we had a pet. We arrived later than anticipated, the clerk was very friendly and gave us a very nice room. We immediately inspected the room, and it was sparkling clean, fresh bedding, clean carpeting and walls, everything worked. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows werejust right in firmness. Upon checking in, we noticed that the property looked fairly new and very well lit. The next morning, we had some continental breakfast and checked out. My wife and I were very pleased of the value received for that rate. We do plan to make another stay at the same property next time we are passing through.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I haven't had lice since it went around my elementary school some 25+ years ago. I have 2 girls and 2 boys. They have NEVER had it until we stayed here. It is near impossible to get rid of them too.

Also, we called ahead, explained we had 6 people and a dog, and were told it wouldn't be a problem. When we arrived, they informed us their rooms only accommodated 4 people, then we were given a pet free room without knowing it. When they found out we had a dog, they acted surprised, and we had to move our stuff down to a room used for pets, which smelled horrible.

• Stayed June 2011
Port Charlotte, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 1 night and had our dog with us. I did not walk on the carpet on my bare feet due to the dirt; room smelled like an animal cage; bed was hard; sheets and "blanket" were thin like paper; bedspread probably hasn't been cleaned for over a year; bathroom was OK and we did have hot water. We had advanced reservations and the motel clerk was OK. I wished there were clean rooms for those who travel with pets. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, you might be able to tolerate for 1 night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Key West
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is an older place tucked behind the Super 8. The first impression of the lobby gave me hope. It is very modern, updated and nice. Unfortunately, the room didn't deliver the same quality. It was missing many of the regular amenities like a hairdryer, iron, coffeemaker, safe, etc. Overall the room was clean enough except for the sticky striped carpeting. I put my shoes back on after sticking in two different places. Eww!
It does have a nice granite counter and the bathroom is large by hotel standards. The towels were on the small and scratchy side, but were clean and functional. It does have parking at the door which we like because we travel with our cat and need to transport a litter box, crate, floor covering, cooler, and luggage. We don't travel light. I know some people don't like exterior entrances, but it works for us.
The room did have a small round table with 2 chairs as well as a desk with another chair. It also had a small fridge and micro as I recall. The room was average in size. The beds were comfortable and bug free.
I probably would have given them 4 stars, but I think for $80 it should have provided more amenities and better quality furnishings
The employees we encountered were pleasant and professional. The breakfast was honey buns, muffins and cereal. We passed on it.
Overall, I would stay again but I will be looking at other options in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!