“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
maine
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a great stay here! I can be very picky about my hotel stays so I think that is a lot coming from me. I stayed here when I moved to the area in Aug for 3 nights while I found a rental home. The room was very comfy and clean. The staff was fantastic! I appreciated to breakfast (I moved here the day I needed to start a new job so it was handy at 6 am to grab and go). I had lots of questions about the area and the front desk was very helpful! Great location, right off of I-24 and very close to the mall and lots of food and shopping choices. I look forward to many more stays with the Marriott brand!

Room Tip: I asked for a 2nd Floor Room (just because I was a lady traveling alone) and they are happy to help...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for leaving one of our BEST reviews!! We welcome you to the Clarksville are and congratulate you on your new career! We have an exceptional staff here at Courtyard. They make sure every guest encounter is left with a great memory of Courtyard! The Bistro is also available for Dinner as well if you are ever looking for an evening option here off Exit 4! We are very excited to be your choice hotel here in the Clarksville area and look forward to seeing you and your family again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

NIce and clean. If I am in Clarkville, I would try and stay here again. I pricelined this for about $70.00. The hotel is close to a lot of things. The bed was comfy, and the rooms seemed large. The rooms were nice and updated and seemed very clean.

Room Tip: Priceline this hotel. Got this hotel for about $70.00
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
This is such a wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words. Our Housekeeping Staff works very hard to make sure all our guest rooms are comfortable and fresh. Thank you for choosing Courtyard for all your traveling needs!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel...as we are a bit of a hotel snob family...clean room, comfortable beds and nice pool and bistro area. No full service restaurant inhouse, but plenty of restaurants close by. Only suggestion is to open the bistro at 6 am on Sundays for early bird departures.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I will be sure to inform our staff how they did an excellent job exceeding your expectations! It’s great to see you enjoyed all amenities our Courtyard has to offer! Please tell your friends and family about your experiences with us and we will see you again in any future travel through the area!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for business, taking advantage of Mariott's Megabonus offer. I'm usually a Hilton kind of guy but with the offer I was willing to break from the routine and give Marriott a shot. This hotel is about three years old and I found it to be in great condition. The fitness center has all the standard equipment with the entertainment screens attached. The room was clean and looked great and the room's accent lighting was a nice touch. The lobby was very nice; I really like these newer lobby designs for the business traveler who wants to get out of the room for a while. As usual, I always complain when hotels don't give free breakfast and that was also the case here. The staff was very friendly and noticed that I hadn't stayed at a Marriott in a while so they seemed to make a point to welcome me. I agree with one reviewer below that this hotel is located behind a myriad of other hotels, but none of them looked as nice and new as this one. I would have absolutely no concerns staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave such an exceptional review about our Courtyard! We are in an area with a large hotel selection; however we are proud to be the only Courtyard in Clarksville! We appreciate your comments about the new Courtyard concept with the Bistro now available! We have such a wonderful staff and it’s terrific to hear they made your stay a memorable one! We look forward to being your choice in hospitality in the Clarksville area, and appreciate your Loyalty as one of our Elite Rewards Members!
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

we travel to Clarksville for business and have tried out a few hotels. Found this one to be one we will continue to stay. The staff are most accommodating and provide excellent customer service. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Easy access to shopping, eateries and getting around. Looking for an enjoyable stay.. stay here

Room Tip: Visit this site, listen to what other have experienced. When first visiting a new place, check out t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It’s great to hear you enjoyed staying with us! We do have a fantastic staff who make every guest experience their number one priority! We have plenty of excellent Restaurants and Shopping areas nearby, and I’m so pleased your experience in the Clarksville area was a fabulous one. We look forward to your next visit!
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel while passing through the area. Having stayed at a Courtyard property in another city the previous night, in a room in lmost an identical location, it was easy to make comparisons. We were lucky to have a GPS, or I am not sure we would have found this hotel at night. It is located behind the first tier of buildings on a very busy four-lane street with just about every chain and franchise business -- retail, restaurant, hotel, etc. -- you can imagine. It is about 6 miles to downtown Clarksville. Check in and check out were quick and uneventful. The public areas of the hotel were nearly identical to the hotel we had stayed in the prior night, but here in the afternon there were no newspapers, no coffee or tea, and on the first floor you needed to go to the bistro for ice. Our King room had the standard Courtyard decor (including the small refrigerator) and was reasonably clean, except the bedskirt was worn and askew, the curtains had a tear and the bed had a bedspread. I didn't know anyone put bedspreads on hotel beds anymore. We had a small walled patio, but no furniture. In the morning, there were urns of coffee and hot water in the lobby, as well as newspapers. I do not know what they did to the water, but the tea was undrinkable. I just got breakfast elsewere. All in all, there is nothing drastically wrong, but at this price point nothing particularly right, either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing to my attention the concerns you had during your stay. I would like to do follow up training with the staff and Managers in regards to these concerns. Due to the restrictions and privacy through TripAdvisor; please feel free to contact my Operations Manager Melody for her to gather more information from you. Her email is mhaines@alliancehospitality.com or you can contact her at the property at 931-551-4480. We appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member and do hope you give us another chance to exceed expectations!! We look forward to hearing from you.
Hinsdale, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have stayed at this Courtyard three times. (Disclosure: we are Marriott Reward members). Each time the room has been dirty, smelly and unappealing. Each time we call the front desk and they send in the cleaning staff to clean the room. Why doesn't anyone look over the rooms before guests check in? The last time we stayed the room was dirty and the glasses in the Bistro were also unclean. Yuck!! Although the front desk staff is professional and caring, their strength cannot overcome the lack of cleanliness of this place. Sadly, we will no longer stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for bringing to my attention the concerns you had during your stay. I would like to do follow up training with the staff and Managers in regards to these concerns. Due to the restrictions and privacy through TripAdvisor; please feel free to contact my Operations Manager Melody for her to gather more information from you. Her email is mhaines@alliancehospitality.com or please contact her at the property at 931-551-4480. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and do hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations here at Courtyard.