“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
sjesse
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are comparable to any finest hotel. Love the lobby bistro! Beer and wine. starbucks in AM. Love the calorie count on menu. Hotel is spotless. Rooms are great! Well lighted parking . I am just pressed. 3rd time to stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I'm so glad to hear your stay with us was so excellent. We appreciate the great review! It was our pleasure making this trip so enjoyable for you. Our staff works very hard, and your caring words will help keep us going! We look forward to seeing you again at the Courtyard Clarksville and wish you safe travels in the New Year!

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel gets a high rating from us. We travel a lot and found this hotel to be a cut above many hotels of this class. It is pricier than most choices, but worth it this visit. The room was spotless, the staff was welcoming and friendly, especially the evening desk person, Roland. He even came to the front of the desk to give us a key and shook my husband's hand. We ate a light dinner and breakfast at the bistro in the hotel. Both meals were good and served by friendly people. We even ate in a cozy booth with our own private tv. The exercise room is clean and well maintained. The rooms are tastefully decorated and well furnished. We had a restful and enjoyable night after a long travel day.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
This review is by far our BEST yet!! Thank you so much for your kind words about our fantastic staff. Ronald is just one of our exceptional employees. We are one of the “It’s a New Stay” Courtyard properties where the Bistro is available for Breakfast and Dinner, and it’s great to hear you enjoyed both services! We appreciate all feedback from our guests, and do hope you have made the Courtyard Clarksville your number choice for hospitality needs while visiting the area. Please have safe travels and we wish you and yours a Happy New Year!
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We first went in Oct.,then returned to this place for our second trip in Nov. The beds are so comfortable. The bathrooms are large. The water was hot and the towels were, and smelled, clean. The room was just fine for what one would expect in that town. We will return on our next visit. Breakfast is a la carte and just OK. Serving personnel in cafe area could wear cleaner black uniforms, it would make eating there more tolerable. Coffee that is free for all is not hot. Front desk people are very helpful.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much to taking the time to give us such a terrific review. We are so grateful you have chose Courtyard Clarksville for your hospitality needs when in the area. Your comments regarding the Bistro Associate Uniforms will be followed up with the Dept. Manager; and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We wish you and your family a Happy New Year and safe travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

After 12 hours in the car on a quick Florida to Minnesota car trip, what we really needed was a good night's rest and the Courtyard Clarksville provided that.
The positives: The room was clean, (except for some carpet staining near the door), and beautifully decorated. The bed was very, very comfortable. One might think that after a long day in the car, any old bed would do - but I actually get fussier about such things as I get more exhausted. The bed had a fitted bottom sheet - which is another big deal to a fussy sleeper! I know it makes laundry and stocking the maid's carts more difficult, so I REALLY appreciate a fitted sheet when the hotel provides it. It makes for a better night's sleep - stays in place, doesn't pull out, etc. And the pillows - oh how I would have loved to take a few of those home! A wonderful variety and oh so comfortable for sleeping and snuggling.

The negatives: The entry area and accompanying bistro area smelled of cigarette smoke. yuck. The walls were thin and in the morning, I could hear water running, toilets flushing, etc. Luckily, I needed to be up early or the 6 am noise of neighbors getting ready for their day would have been aggravating. The room was expensive even for a good night's sleep. The $160 total did not include breakfast or even a bottle of water - though it did include free wifi and a few cable tv channels. But, I guess I have come to expect breakfast at hotels such as this one.

So - Comfort? yes! Value? not good enough to merit the price when there are other hotels with similar or more amenities at a lower price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for all your comments! Here at the Courtyard Clarksville we appreciate all guest feedback to let us know where to focus our efforts to continue to create memorable moments for all your travel needs. Enjoy the Holiday Season, and we hope to see you again to provide exceptional service for all your hospitality wishes!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just had a business trip that required 2 nights in Clarksville and I have found my "go-to" spot. First, I booked the bed and breakfast package as breakfast is not included at Courtyards, when I checked in, I did remind her and she produced 2 cards for breakfast. That's a plus.

They have a Bistro restaurant in the lobby and it was raining, so I had a sandwich and a glass of New Zealand sauvnigon blanc which I was impressed they served, so score again for Courtyard.

My room was huge with a great working desk area, good lighting, convenient plugs for electronics, so another plus for me. Great free wifi connection without passwords or login issues.

Linens, pillows were all very comfy, but I did notice the dust ruffle on the bed was ripped, but overall the room was very clean. The layout was a little different, you had to cross through the living room/desk area to get to the bathroom, but the closet was nice size, bathroom pretty standard, but better than Hyatt Place and but best of all, absolutely no road noise even though fairly well located near the interstate. Totally room blackening shades were perfect.

Single serve coffee maker, I did leave a note for housekeeping to leave me 2 cups of regular coffee, which they did. :) Wish they could have "real" coffee cups- (why I love Residence Inn Marriott) instead of paper.

The first morning for breakfast, the young man served me a very large cup of coffee, not Starbucks specialty coffee, but still a very large cup for the road and a scrambled egg with a fruit yogurt to go. I was very happy and satisfied as my table had a personal flat screen tv for morning news, better than Hampton Inn.

The morning of checkout, the young lady at the Bistro was absolutely NO WAY going to let me have a large cup of coffee. Geez, lady, I don't think Marriott is going broke over the morning coffee budget. She was not quite as friendly and I was just happy to get a small cup of joe and grab a yogurt and be out. She was the only downside of this hotel experience.

The front desk employees and the evening Bistro girl were all great. And the staff was happy to email my pdf receipt to me which I really appreciated. Overall, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I always choose a room away from the elevators, but ended up 2 doors down from the ice machine. Stil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! This is our Finest review yet! You have really gone above and beyond to express every experience you had with us during your stay. It’s great to hear that your time with us will be so memorable! We hope you have safe travels over the holiday season, and look forward to seeing you again next time your in the Clarksville area!
Racine, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on November 1st. We were met by Deborah Scott of the hotel staff and were blown away by her professionalism and personality. When we were leaving the next morning she came out and shook our hands, remembering our names and siad that if we were passing their way again to please stay with them again. I have never experienced this sort of thing. The hotel was spotlessly clean and beautifully appointed. We especially enjoyed the bistro feature so that we did not have to get back into the car to find dinner

Room Tip: Rooms in back of the hotel back up to an apartment complex, but we were not bothered by it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
courtyardclarksville, General Manager at Courtyard Clarksville, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for one of our BEST Reviews!! Deborah Scott is just one of our excellent employees, and she will be so delighted to hear the hospitality she provided will bring you back to the Courtyard Clarksville for future traveling needs! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review, and we are eager to see you next time you're in the Clarksville area!
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I don't know. Maybe the standard for hotels in Clarksville is lower than for other cities, but I was beyond disappointed by this place. I've stayed in Courtyards before, and this one fell far short.

The "suite" we booked wasn't a suite at all. It was a large room and we were right next to the elevators. The place was full (if you stay Friday or Saturday night in Clarksville the hotels ALWAYS tell you they're full!) so we stuck it out because we were dead tired. You hear everything up and down the hall - people talking, the elevators - everything. The place is pretty, but so what? No fan in the bathroom, thin towels and not enough for two people, no hair dryer, and a TV remote that wasn't working.

The good things? Like I said - pretty decorating and colors. Oh and the free Wi-Fi was fairly decent and actually worked at peak times. The bed was comfortable for what little sleep we were able to get.

We came to the city to visit our daughter who attends Austin Peay. We're in the city a lot, but now that we live five miles away, staying overnight when we come to see her is pretty much a necessity. We had planned to stay two nights, but Saturday afternoon when we got back to our room, a middle school soccer team and their obnoxious parents were in the process of checking in. It sounded like someone was bouncing bowling balls in the room next to ours, and we could freaking hear them TALKING right through the walls! We called the desk and were told there had been numerous complaints, but that there was nothing they could do. No rooms to move us to, and quite frankly the staff were just RUDE. We left and made the five hour trip back home. We'll see what happens with my credit card charge.

We're going to have to figure out some other way to see our daughter without making a ten hour round trip each time because the hotels in Clarksville are full of low-life rude people who are clueless that there are others trying to sleep around them, and rude staff who clearly don't give a crap, as long as their hotel is full.

As I said, I've stayed in Courtyards before, but Marriott should be ashamed of this place. If this were my first experience with this brand, I'd never return. Oh, and DUH for putting it in a place where the entrance is only accessible from the road one way because of a median. You're forced to make a u-turn in a very busy intersection just to get in the place. And parking? Unless you get there early and don't leave, good luck. There aren't enough spaces to accommodate the guests. People were parked along the fire lanes. Nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your concerning comments. We thank you for your review. I am extremely concerned about the status of your room as well and other experiences you may have encountered. I would love to know more details as far as which room and other information. Please feel free to contact my Front Office Supervisor at 931-551-4480 and ask to speak with Melody. Our Management and Staff would appreciate your feedback. We do hope that you give us a second chance to exceed your expectations next time your in the Clarksville area. Being your choice hotel for hospitality in Clarksville is our number one goal!

Been to Courtyard Clarksville? Share your experiences!