“Worthy end to a wonderful vacation” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   290 Alfred Thun Road, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Springfield, Missouri
“Worthy end to a wonderful vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel offer excellent service, very clean accommodations and we will definitely stay here again! The restaurant staff was great, food above most hotel restaurants and can vouch for the oatmeal raisin cookies! The bedding was first rate and never heard another guest in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Lisa S,

We very much appreciate your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and are delighted to be the " worthy end to a wonderful vacation". Thank you so much !
Thank you for the compliments to my staff, I will certainly pass them along !
Raisin Oatmeal cookies are your favorite ? Let us know when you will be in the area next and I will gladly reserve a little cookie plate for you !
Dear Lisa S, thank you for your kind comments !

Safe travels and see you soon !

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kenner, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice to have a restaurant on property. However, to obtain a complimentary breakfast, you must be a high level Hilton Honors member. Cookies are wonderful! If you stay on the 5th floor (and aren't a smoker), bring a candle or something to offset the smell. And the hallway is bad too. I was moved successfully but wish I'd seen a review mentioning the smoking so that I would not have been bothered. They have a mattress system which allows you to adjust hardness with a dial. Night one - I did not know. Night two - mine didn't work. Mattress was hard but eventually conformed and I was able to sleep. It is just odd.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, avoid the 5th floor.
Dear JenniferC504,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your Trip Advisor review.
As our extensive breakfast is cooked to order, it is indeed not included in the room rate according to Hilton standards unless you have reached a certain tier in our Hilton Honors program. However, as we take all guest comments serious, we now offer a bed and breakfast rate which includes breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children per room at a discounted price, the kids even eat free ! It can be booked online or directly at the property.
Due to a management change we are considering the option of a 100% non smoking hotel, however we also met with our distributors to find a better solution in reference to the smoke smell on the 5th floor, which of course varies depending on the intensity. Please know your concerns are taken seriously and we are working on a solution.
Our property is equipped with the Hilton Garden Inn sleep system mattresses, which, like you mentioned, can be adjusted in a timeframe of 3 minutes. I am glad to read that you were able to adjust the mattress to your likings the second night. We will assure additional training with our Front Desk staff in regards to explaining the system during check in.
Dear JenniferC504, thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Hinesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The venting in the hallways is lacking. I reported it to the front desk and they ionized and sprayed the hallway that night. Which helped. However, in the morning, the smoke was just as bad. Rooms are ok (no smoke) and comfy. Food, as usually, is expensive. The staff is friendly. I have a working dog and had no problems bringing him in. I had asked for a ground floor room but was informed that they only have three handicap rooms all on the first floor and are the only rooms on the first floor. By the time I had arrived, I figured it was late enough in the evening that maybe they would switch me to the ground. Nope. I will most likely not stay here again even though I am a Hilton HHonors member.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor. Maybe it will be below the smoking room vent systems.
Dear Orva63,
Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville as well as your Hilton Honors membership and loyalty to Hilton Worldwide.
We really appreciate your feedback in reference to our smoking rooms as we are under new management and have been contemplating to become a 100% non smoking hotel. As a non smoker myself I certainly understand your concerns and am trying to find a solution for all of our guests.
I regret to read that your choice of room on the ground floor wasn't available. New ADA regulations indeed govern and specify that accessible rooms have to be available as long as we have availability, of course for understandable reasons. However if you would like to contact me directly we maybe could find a solution to add to your Honors profile.
Thank you for the compliments to my staff which I will certainly pass along.
Dear Orva63, as we would be delighted to be your hotel of choice when traveling in the area, please let me know what we can do to become that and if there is anything I can do in reference to your last experience.

p(931) 647 1096
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here again while visiting family in Clarksville over the New Years holiday. I had a great experience last year and wanted to return to the same hotel. We got the same nice, clean updated type room and the friendly customer service we experienced the first time around.
The breakfast staff are particularly nice, chatty and helpful. They made this hotel 'homey' for us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear CincyCheerMoM,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville.
Consistency is such an important factor in customer service, therefore I am thrilled to read that my team once more was able to create a wonderful "home away from home" experience for you.
I will certainly pass on your compliments to our breakfast staff, thank you !
We are looking forward to your future stays with us !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very good hotel. Prefer this chain as our business hotels. Was in town for a 4 day conference and Hotel was in a perfect location and was as expected for HGI. Only complaint would be that the cookies at the front desk went way too fast :) Other than that the facilities were great as well as the staff. Had an issue with my key and the front desk staff made the magic happen without issue. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Maverik2u2,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville. Nothing makes me happier then to read that we are your preferred venue when travelling in the area !
Please let me know when you will be staying with us again and I will assure you will receive your own personal cookie plate ! No need to share or speed "home" to your room after work to not miss out.... :)

Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Rooms wre not very clean.
Diamond benefits or priveleges were not recognized or rewarded during the stay.
Government rate was not available for the legnth of the stay, even if it was a week or more.
Booted off the internet, frequently. I had to keep signing back in.
Breakfast was outstanding - as always. The service not so good.

Dear Joseph B,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville.
I regret to read that several items didn't meet your expectations. As all guest reviews are important to me I would like to offer my information below in order to discuss those topics. This would provide me with the opportunity to address the individual departments and implement additional trainings to assure guest satisfaction. Thank you.
In reference to the per diem rate I would like to apologize that it wasn't available. We offer a long term per diem rate code for 25 nights or more, however with such a large military base as Fort Campbell in the area even that rate code tends to sell out quickly. Please know the further out you are aware you are coming to town, the more likely that rate is available and with our guest friendly cancelation policy of 4pm or 6pm on the arrival date, there is always the option to cancel free of charge.
Dear Joseph B, please let me know if I can be of assistance with any of the matters mentioned above.

t (931) 647 1096
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was not up to par with the other Garden Inns we had stayed at previously. The pool, spa & fitness area seemed to be clean for the most part. We did not have room service or a meal at the restaurant or bar. Lobby appears clean & sharp; however, the hallways, rooms & bathrooms were basically run down, outdated & unpleasant overall.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear rmmikesell,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville.
We appreciate your feedback in reference to your stay.
Thank you for your positive mentioning of our lobby and pool/spa, we regret to read that your impression of our hallways and guestrooms were not what you had experienced in other hotels of this brand. I am thrilled to share with you that we will address exactly those weaker areas with our all over "Grow" project, including guest rooms, carpets, hallways, furniture, lobby, Restaurant and Ballroom renovations, some of it to be completed by the end of this year !
We are looking forward to showing you our brand new designs and relaxing furniture during your future travels ...

Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!