“Your typical Hilton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Clive, Iowa, United States
“Your typical Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff, as expected, was great, but as I have found Hilton charges for things other hotels do not. The room was excellent. The breakfast was ok, but the cost was outrageous considering the hotel was located along the freeway in north Tennessee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Chad C,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your review.
We are glad to have met and hopefully exceeded your expectations in reference to my team, your room and Hilton Worldwide. We regret not being able to add your breakfast experience to that list... As we are a focused full service hotel, we offer all amenities to our guest such as cooked to order breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center... Focused on each guest's specific need, we do not include all services in our room rate to provide the opportunity for our guests to choose and pay only for the services taken advantage of. However, the Hilton Garden Inn Brand offers a bed and breakfast rate which includes our cooked to order breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12 at a discounted rate.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information in regards to that rate as we hope to be your venue of choice when travelling in the Clarksville/Ft Campbell area in the future.

Katja.Chatfield@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel base on the review from this site. The reviews were right on, and so we booked this hotel for our trip from Jacksonville Florida back to Colorado. The location is great, right off the highway, very convenient. This hotel is great. It is clean, and the staff were very friendly and courteous. My wife and I would definitely recommend this. By the way, the breakfast is great, and is worth the $9.95 price tag.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Bernard L,

Thank you so much for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor.
I am thrilled to read that you joined us for breakfast in our Great American Grill Restaurant as well and am delighted to pass your compliments on to my team.

We are looking forward to your future visits and wish safe travels.

Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Clean, friendly staff and overall nice hotel. The rooms are nice size and furnished well, many amenities. The location is also good being close enough to shopping and restaurants but not in the middle of them. Will only stay here for future visits.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Jenna S,

Thank you for your compliment " nicest in Clarksville" ! We appreciate your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and are thrilled to read we were able to provide exactly what you were looking for !
Thank you for your wonderful review and we are looking forward to your future visits !

Atlanta, GA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed one night during a long car trip. Got an excellent rate which included breakfast. My room was exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast was quite good and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear hwcii,

I am delighted to read you took advantage of our bed and breakfast rate at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville ! Thank you very much for your stay and your kind review, and for pointing out our rate option including breakfast to other trip advisor members.

We are looking forward to your future visits !

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way home to St. Louis from FL. The hotel was super comfortable and the staff was great!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Jkulage,

Thank you so much for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and for your great trip advisor review ! I will certainly share your compliments with my staff and hope the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville will be your choice of venue for future travels in the area !

Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our recent stay at this hotel. The staff keeps the hotel very clean and they are anxious to help make your stay pleasant. The pool and workout rooms were also well maintained and added to the value of our stay! We'd absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear RogersFamily5,

Thank you so much for your wonderful tripadvisor comment !
I am excited to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and are honored to have been your venue of choice for your return from overseas.
Welcome Home !

Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for for five nights when he was PCSing out of Fort Campbell. Usually our military rate at an HGI includes breakfast, but due to the close proximity of Fort Campbell, management at this particular HGI has decided not to include that feature. Understandable, and not a big issue for us.

The hotel entrance is very well kept with attractive landscaping on the outside and a lovely foyer. The hotel looks to be in the 3-5 year old range. Check-in was a breeze, no unfortunate surprises. Desk staff was always friendly. The fitness center was the best I've ever seen in a hotel at this level. We both used it several times during the week. There were two ellipticals, two treadmills, and weightlifting equipment. My only complaint was that there was a water fountain, which is extremely unsanitary no matter how often it is serviced. Please, provide bottled water.

The room was clean and had the usual HGI good towels, micro and fridge. It also had the usual HGI tiny bathroom with the toilet way too close to the sink - gross. You almost sit on the toilet to use the sink. Probably my biggest peeve. Now, in our particular room (503) the beds were an issue. It was as if both beds had had someone too heavy on them, and one side of each bed was cratered in and would not adjust to normal level. HGI has a sort of sleep-number-adjustable bed, which I am not a fan of, but that is a personal preference thing and not really a complaint against the hotel.

I had requested a room on the top floor in the hopes of avoiding any noisy overhead neighbors. I received the room as requested, unfortunately that meant having to use the scariest elevators ever all week. They wobbled very noticeably as they went up and down, and sometimes jerked. I referred to them as the scary elevators of death. Even my husband noticed and said something, so I know it wasn't just me.

On our second morning, I called the desk and requested an extra luggage rack and a blanket. Within a half hour, they were delivered, and I was not made to feel like I was a nuisance for asking. That is great service, and that is why I keep going back to HGI. Always great service.

I am a regular patron of HGI hotels, but I have tried to include unbiased, helpful information. This hotel had some issues, but for me great service and clean rooms make up for a lot.

Tip: Others have mentioned how it can be difficult to turn left onto the main road (there is no light) - if you go through the Sam's Club parking lot, you will have a center lane to turn left into and it is much easier.

Room Tip: Fifth floor was quiet - but you might want to avoid 503 with its apparently broken beds. We were on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Tenjen20,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your kind Tripadvisor review.
For any future stays, for which we hope to be your choice of venue, I would like to let you know that we indeed offer several military related rates, one including breakfast. However, that rate is a military discount rate and not the per diem rate. The per diem rate is the best option for the military traveler and has limited availability, but no breakfast included.
Thank you for your compliment on our fitness room, we will certainly look into providing an alternate option to the water fountain.
Please accept my apologies in reference to the bed situation as well as the elevators. Both are serviced on a regular basis, one in house the other by an elevator company out of Nashville. I will certainly assure that the beds as well as the elevators are double checked for any deficiencies that we weren't aware of. Thank you for letting us know !
Also we appreciate you sharing the intersection information, as we are in constant contact with the city of Clarksville to solve the traffic situation and any guest feedback in reference to the matter helps us proof our point.
Tenjen20, thanks again for your very helpful review and we hope to be welcoming you back when traveling in the area.

Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!