“Great way to PCS back to Ft. Campbell!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   290 Alfred Thun Road, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Busan, South Korea
“Great way to PCS back to Ft. Campbell!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our recent stay at this hotel. The staff keeps the hotel very clean and they are anxious to help make your stay pleasant. The pool and workout rooms were also well maintained and added to the value of our stay! We'd absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear RogersFamily5,

Thank you so much for your wonderful tripadvisor comment !
I am excited to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and are honored to have been your venue of choice for your return from overseas.
Welcome Home !

Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for for five nights when he was PCSing out of Fort Campbell. Usually our military rate at an HGI includes breakfast, but due to the close proximity of Fort Campbell, management at this particular HGI has decided not to include that feature. Understandable, and not a big issue for us.

The hotel entrance is very well kept with attractive landscaping on the outside and a lovely foyer. The hotel looks to be in the 3-5 year old range. Check-in was a breeze, no unfortunate surprises. Desk staff was always friendly. The fitness center was the best I've ever seen in a hotel at this level. We both used it several times during the week. There were two ellipticals, two treadmills, and weightlifting equipment. My only complaint was that there was a water fountain, which is extremely unsanitary no matter how often it is serviced. Please, provide bottled water.

The room was clean and had the usual HGI good towels, micro and fridge. It also had the usual HGI tiny bathroom with the toilet way too close to the sink - gross. You almost sit on the toilet to use the sink. Probably my biggest peeve. Now, in our particular room (503) the beds were an issue. It was as if both beds had had someone too heavy on them, and one side of each bed was cratered in and would not adjust to normal level. HGI has a sort of sleep-number-adjustable bed, which I am not a fan of, but that is a personal preference thing and not really a complaint against the hotel.

I had requested a room on the top floor in the hopes of avoiding any noisy overhead neighbors. I received the room as requested, unfortunately that meant having to use the scariest elevators ever all week. They wobbled very noticeably as they went up and down, and sometimes jerked. I referred to them as the scary elevators of death. Even my husband noticed and said something, so I know it wasn't just me.

On our second morning, I called the desk and requested an extra luggage rack and a blanket. Within a half hour, they were delivered, and I was not made to feel like I was a nuisance for asking. That is great service, and that is why I keep going back to HGI. Always great service.

I am a regular patron of HGI hotels, but I have tried to include unbiased, helpful information. This hotel had some issues, but for me great service and clean rooms make up for a lot.

Tip: Others have mentioned how it can be difficult to turn left onto the main road (there is no light) - if you go through the Sam's Club parking lot, you will have a center lane to turn left into and it is much easier.

Room Tip: Fifth floor was quiet - but you might want to avoid 503 with its apparently broken beds. We were on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Tenjen20,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your kind Tripadvisor review.
For any future stays, for which we hope to be your choice of venue, I would like to let you know that we indeed offer several military related rates, one including breakfast. However, that rate is a military discount rate and not the per diem rate. The per diem rate is the best option for the military traveler and has limited availability, but no breakfast included.
Thank you for your compliment on our fitness room, we will certainly look into providing an alternate option to the water fountain.
Please accept my apologies in reference to the bed situation as well as the elevators. Both are serviced on a regular basis, one in house the other by an elevator company out of Nashville. I will certainly assure that the beds as well as the elevators are double checked for any deficiencies that we weren't aware of. Thank you for letting us know !
Also we appreciate you sharing the intersection information, as we are in constant contact with the city of Clarksville to solve the traffic situation and any guest feedback in reference to the matter helps us proof our point.
Tenjen20, thanks again for your very helpful review and we hope to be welcoming you back when traveling in the area.

gulf breeze florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family. I found the room to be very clean and spacious. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear SandyK,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville while visiting your family and thank you for your nice review.
We hope to be your venue of choice when traveling in the Clarksville/Fort Campbell area in the future and wish you safe travels.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I were scheduled to fly into Nashville late on 4/12/2012 and stay for 3 nights at this hotel. Because of extensive delays our flight was changed for very early the next morning. I called the hotel with this update and was helped by Angela. She was very, very accommodating. She was able to keep the reservation open as we reserved a suite and didn't want to lose it. She advised that she was not able to issue a refund for the night because I prepaid through Expedia. I really didn't expect a refund for the night but she suggested I call expedia and give it a try. Thanks a bunch Angela. In addition to the hotel refund, I was able to get a refund on my car as well.

Upon arrival the next morning, Angela wasn't there and check-in time was 6 hours away. So we expected to wait a while. However, Mike was able to check us in and provide us with our suite @ 9 in the morning. Thanks a bunch Mike we really appreciated it after such a hectic evening.

The room was lovely. Clean, organized and everything you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. We were facing the road but heard no traffic noise. The king bed was very comfortable. No complaints at all regarding the room.

Breakfast the next morning was seamless and service was fast. We decided to stay in because of the long day ahead of us. I ordered take-out from the American Grill in the lobby and found it to be freshly made, delicious and reasonably priced. (You will find there are several other options in the area if you choose to go out). I was also able to use the business facilities to print our boarding passes for the next morning and the equipment was all updated and in working order.

Check-out was also a breeze as it was at 3am Sunday morning. Even so, the staff on duty was awake alert and ready if we needed any assistance.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to all who are visiting Clarksville

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trusteeeva,
Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and for your kind review.
Especially we would like to thank you for your personal mention of our staff members Angela and Mike. They were excited to read that they assisted in making your stay a "Hilton" one of a kind.
We are looking forward to your future visits !

St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last August so when our travel plans were such that we needed to stay near Clarksville, it was easy to choose the Hilton Garden Inn. My previous review was very positive but this time we had a little problem that lead me to write this note.

Everything that has been said about this hotel is right - great, friendly staff; clean and well kept facilities; nice pool and fitness room. However, breakfast service was not up to standard. I arrived in the restaurant at 7:35 am. There were several others in the room, already eating as far I could tell. I was promptly seated and the server came over to take the drink order. I went to the buffet area where another very pleasant, smiling server took my order (waffle and bacon). This was probably about 7:40 by now.

But my breakfast did not arrive for about 15 minutes. Then when I finished eating, my server was no where to be found, and the other server and hostess just would not look my way so I could request my bill. Finally I was able to get the attention of the hostess, told her what I needed and finally the check arrived. It was 8:20 before I was finally able to leave.

I think 45 minutes in a not busy restaurant is too long. While I was not under any time pressure many business travelers might find this a very long time to take for breakfast if there are appointments coming up or other reasons that require a less leisurely pace.

For some reason the room I had this time seemed smaller and the bed didn't seem like a full king. I know this perception is probably wrong but it is what I felt. Nothing at all wrong with the room or bed, it just didn't seem the same.

By the way the room sort of faced I-24 but the highway noise was not all noticeable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Clarksville, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to tell us about your most recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville. Daily we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I apologize that we were unable to do that for you during your time with us. It must have been very frustrating to have to wait so long for breakfast and for your room to not seem the same as your last visit. I have spoken with Food & Beverage Director about the timliness of breakfast service. He will be going through a re-training with his staff and also re-evaluating staffing levels. We do have varying room size in our hotel. So I do apologize if you felt your room was smaller this time. Please let me know if there is any way I can make this up to you.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We called this hotel two hours prior to arrival about availability for a suite. The female who answered said there are a lot of suites left and you will have one. Well....when we arrived the guy at the front desk said nope, no suites. No apology, nothing, just here is your room key. We always request high floors, but he put us on the SECOND floor. The key did not work and there was crying kids across the hall. We went back downstairs to see about another room and magically now there was a room on a higher floor, but no suite. Bed was about the worst I've slept on even though the hotel is just a few years old. The shower head was very low. If you are over 5' 6" you will have to squat to wash your hair. The breakfast took forever. We ordered, got our drinks and fruit, ate all of the fruit and still did not have anything to eat for over 15 minutes. The french toast was burnt. Definitely will never stay at this hotel again. Staff here is rude and slow. The guy at the front desk apologize, but did nothing to make up for the terrible experience at his hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk to tell me about your most recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville. Daily we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I apologize that we were unable to do that for you during your time with us. It must have been very frustrating to be be given such poor customer service. Therefore I cannot apologize enough for what happened during your visit. I have spoken with all staff members at the front desk and restaurant and stressed the importance of customer service. Please let me know if there is any way I can make this up to you.

Nicole deCastro
nicole.decastro@hilton.com
(931)647-1096
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I spent the night at the Hilton Garden Inn, Clarksville, TN, on Sunday, February 26, 2012. The property is now 3 years old and still looks good. The rooms were nice. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I would certainly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to those traveling through the Clarksville area. While there, I got to see the Clarksville Train Station. I'm glad I got to see this as this was what inspired the song "Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkees. Davy Jones, Monkees lead singer, died just this past week.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HGI_Clarksville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Touring16,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville and your kind review.
In addition to the old train station we also have a large train display at the Customs House Museum which contains an exact replica of the Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville !
Maybe this wasn't your "last train to Clarksville" and you will have the opportunity to see it during your future visits to the area for which we hopefully will be your hotel of choice.

Have a great day !

Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!