“Econo Lodge review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Quincy, Illinois
“Econo Lodge review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here on May 13th 2014 Room was clean with refrigator, microwave, hair dryer, and a safe. The noise level is low since the hotel rooms are not close to the highway and sound between rooms was also low. I would have given it an excellent but the pool needed cleaning as there were bugs floating on top and a considerable amount of sand in the bottom. The pool is enclosed and this would make it very usable. The breakfast was very satisfactory.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CHAMPAIGN64, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and appreciation. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding pool condition, we are in the process of remodeling and fixing some issues. We hope that your next visit to us will be exceed your expectation. We apologize for the pool inconvenience this time. Will hope to see you soon.! Thank you.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I made my reservation online prior to my road trip from Philly.The manager I spoke to didn speak very good english & it was a good thing I called the day before my check in. I was booked for 6 different rooms for six nights but Nicky and I straightened it out over the phone. So that was good.
I arrived on 7Jan14 & given Rm 113.The next morning I was bitten on my upper back but thought it was a spider bite-I had seen one in the room. The following morning I woke up with Red, Swollen, Itchy & Painful bites on my face,arms,back and my Butt! I frantically began lookin at the bedspreads & to my HORROR I seen 2 bright red bugs, I put them in a cup. I went online & found out they were BED BUGS! I took them to the office But it seems they were more worried about "keepin" the bed begs then making it right with me AND asked if I wanted to switch rooms! Can you imagine that?! I was then charged for two nights & the manager made me feel like he was doing ME a favor by not charging me for the full six days I had booked in advance! I couldn't leave fast enough! I'll never look at a hotel room the same again:-(

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotels on Wilma Rudolph Blvd so choose carefully. Dont book in advance if you hav...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CHAMPAIGN64, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest.:- We apologize that you feel uncomfortable stay during your last visit. Hotel always strive to take care for all their guests with comfortable stay.. Unfortunately, we learned that you are disappointed with this stay. While going through the facts from the records, we found that 6 rooms for 6 nights were reserved by Ms. Andrea, an American white lady. It might be some misunderstanding. Nikole cancelled rooms just on your request on the phone with out any problem. There was no problem during first 2 nights that you confirmed while check out and issue was on 3rd night stay. As per you that it was bed bugs. Hotel Mgr. had apologized and offered per policy another room, but offer was refused. As per the policy, Mgr. offered for refund for last night stay with the problem. This offer was accepted and signed with the refund. Hotel Mgmt. immediately called professional pest control agency on first available day to fix for the bugs. Fortunately, agency didn't found any bed bugs in the room We once again on behalf of our team apologize for the inconvenience caused to you but we assure that rooms completely clean.
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

To begin, we were charged for 8 days upon arrival, although our reservation was for 7, we had medications stolen from our room while we were gone and the manager basically blew it off that his housekeeping staff was even in our room, our trash and towels were never taken unless we put them outside in front of our room, 2 evenings in a row, we had no hot water for showers, there were people, very obviously smoking marijuana a few doors down from us....the rooms are old, shabby and outdated. Do not stay here! The people are crooks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

and not a whole more. Check in was pleasent enough,room wasn't bad,quiet and clean. However the common areas especially the pool ...BAD Did not look clean,we didn't try it..dimly lit..The door to it (you had to walk outside to get there) was wide open while the door to the breakfast room was kept locked.Breakfast was taost,toaster waffels thawed,juice,weak coffee, packages pastries, egg patties,sausage ans sause gravy & bisquits. Also ceral but no milk.The GALLON they had was gone and there was no one to go get more. Yhr gravy was nearly gone,had a film on it..we asked for more..she added water & stirred it! No name tags on any staff,,very unprofessional. Won't go back..and yet they have the Tripadvisor sign on door which made me feel OK..didn't read reviews first!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Festus, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were filthy! Trash from previous tenants in the ice bucket and under the bed. They used flat sheets instead of fitted and there were black cobwebs all over the ceilings. The ice machine was broken and the pool was terrible. On top of all this the hotel has ROACHES!!! I am absolutely apaulled by everything in this hotel. This will never happen again.

• Stayed December 2013
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I purchased the jacuzzi suite for $114.00 on 11/26/13...at first everything looked okay...after i got into my room which was freezing cold, i turned on the heat none of the buttons were labeled and the plastic was torn "heat" "fan" and "mode" were all written with pen. The heat ran for 45 mins before i realized i hadn't taken off my coat because it was still freezing...this got me looking harder...i found that it was so cold because there was a 1 inch gap under the door that was letting in the 30 degree weather quicker than the poor excuse for a heater could blow. So i looked harder. found a chunky brown splatter on the night stand that covered a 5 inch space, the walls were "running" with a dried dirty water resembled soy sauce. they only got half the channels it said there was. the towels were stained so I complained to the OWNER. He offered me the only other suite but when we went to look at it the latch was flipped and it couldn't be opened but from the inside..he says hold on and proceeds to go into another door (obviously adjoining) that leads into his HOUSE!!!! the room is connected to HIS HOUSE!!!!I stood out in the freezing walkway (outside) for 10 minutes before he comes out to inform me that he has to "move some of his things out" after 5 mins i decided to get my money back and try for somewhere else. He tells me I can NOT have my money back and he can only offer me another room. He pretended to NOT understand what I was saying, and just stared blankly like my English wasn't clear enough. It was clear enough when he was taking my money, he wouldn't even tell me that he was the owner!!! I didn't want to stay in his back-up storage room so I called the cops. when telling each of our sides he lied and lied acting like some kind of victim from, quote "people like me" who "come in for an hour for "Happy time" and expect a refund" My husband is in the Navy, and we were in town because my best friend was getting married to her fiance that arrived home from Afganistan the day before. I was disgusted beyond words, and have never felt so disrespected in my life. After I threatened to call the better business bureau he reluctantly gave me my money back and said I need to not make a habit of this...,I just walked away..went down the street to Quality Inn and had the best stay ever for one dollar more! Im not an angry customer anymore, i'm posting this so others don't make the same mistake. The regular rooms may be fine for all I know but I can tell you with 100% certainty the Jacuzzi suites are AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL will never stay again EVER!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

"I really enjoyed the week that we wound up staying at this place. It's convenient to Ft. Campbell, has every restaurant you can imagine on the same road, and the staff were really pleasent. Especially the sweet old man who saw us daily asking if we wanted our room refreshed. There were big fields for the dogs to walk in to use the bathroom. A little noisy but that is to be expected from people traveling through for a evening. The rooms were really really clean, and beds were comfortable. I would recommend anyone with small dogs (thats what they allow) to stay there. "

"The only thing I forgot to mention was the breakfast left something to be desired. McDonalds has better food. BUT they do have microwaves and mini fridges in the rooms so we did alot of frozen meals to save money. And constant access to the internet was great! Especially because we were looking for housing and really needed the internet."

Stayed December 2012

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!