“HORRIBLE.... DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Oak Grove, Kentucky, United States
“HORRIBLE.... DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the most disgusting, dirty hotel I have ever been to. Stains on bedding, curtains. Floors are stained and sticky. Electric flickers and goes off and on all night. Pool was DISGUSTING!! Beds are ROCK HARD! Neighbor had johns running in and out of her room all night. Most HORRIBLE experience EVER!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Even at the cheap rate we got ($41) using a Hotel coupon, this hotel was so much worse than what I would expect from a budget hotel. The sink & toilet were cracked, the bathroom ceiling was peeling, the sheets were threadbare with holes, the blankets were ancient & pilled and had cigarette burns on them. One of the staff at the breakfast area coughed as she stood in front of the food and loudly talked with another worker about her health problems and her recent strep test. And the pool is still closed.......

The college girl who worked the front desk was friendly, but that was the only positive part of this 1 night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
West Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very disappointed in this place, even if it was only for one night. They advertised an indoor pool on every website and on their marquee sign on front, and to walk in after a long drive and see the "pool closed" sign on the desk was a huge disappointment for my son. Not only that but the guy behind the desk then offered me a great rate of $48 instead of 59 to compensate. $48 was the original rate I saw online, not the great deal he made it seem so obviously I lost respect right there. But it was already 9pm, I was exhausted from driving all day and the nicer places in town were much higher. I'm glad i didn't pay any more as the room was old and dirty, the bed was nasty and uncomfortable. Breakfast was almost bare-bones, but better than coffee and donuts. I'd only stay there again if I was was rolling into town very late and was so tired I could sleep on a lumpy board. I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but I'm not. I see from some other reviews I am in good company. I wish I had read them before hand.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Has an excellent hot breakfast bar
Have spent several nights here at different times in the last year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

I would never ever recommend someone to stay in this hotel!!! The worst one we have ever stayed in . we paid for one week because my husband took leave from the Army to come see my fam in TN.We booked in advance and were given an exact price with tax ...we get there and were told that is not the rate ooppss sorry no military appreciation . That sadly was not the issue it was that we stupidly paid thinking the room would b good for the price . The room first stUnk to all heck , THERE was hair balls next to the beds stuck with dirt lint , and we have kids so we asked to be bottom room so they madly gave us the crappiEST one open. Room service was beyond creepy we r sleepy they open the door wake our kids up and start vaccummIng and changes towels ! I could go on all day my final straw was when my three old almost encountered a sevre concussion !!! She went to the bAthroom and I heard screaming THE TOWEL RACK fell on her ! We left right away after I tried to talk to MGR who talked to me like a dog . I could have easily sued and put this HORRIBLE NASTY PLACE out but it is not worth the time or money to sue camel jockey trash ..karma will come especially to those scammers .

• Stayed December 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one weekend only because Quality Inn was booked, the hotel was horrible, the King Size Bed was broke in the middle and they wouldn't give me another room or refund my money, this hotel sucks, I wouldn't tell anyone to stay there,not even my dog. Staff and manager are just out right nasty.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff of the hotel is among the most rude I've ever encountered. The workers at the front desk are horrible. Housekeeping walks around the hotel staring at you and peering in windows all with a look of total contempt like they hate you being there. I've stayed in worse rooms but these are not anything close to special. Avoid this place. Do yourself a favor. There are so many hotels in Clarksville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!