“Horrible Beds” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Horrible Beds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one weekend only because Quality Inn was booked, the hotel was horrible, the King Size Bed was broke in the middle and they wouldn't give me another room or refund my money, this hotel sucks, I wouldn't tell anyone to stay there,not even my dog. Staff and manager are just out right nasty.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff of the hotel is among the most rude I've ever encountered. The workers at the front desk are horrible. Housekeeping walks around the hotel staring at you and peering in windows all with a look of total contempt like they hate you being there. I've stayed in worse rooms but these are not anything close to special. Avoid this place. Do yourself a favor. There are so many hotels in Clarksville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

No frills but price was right for just a quiet place to sleep and shower while my son was in a travel baseball tournament.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Albers, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Aside from the room condition being poor, it was infested with bedbugs. My face, neck, shoulders and arms were covered with bug bites. I had to go to my doctor to get 2 different medications to relieve the symptoms from the bedbug bites. I notified the manager by phone and he was very rude, argumentative and denied any problems in the room. He raised his voice toward me stating that I had no proof and interrupted every sentence I tried to get out. In the end, he hung up on me. He was very definsive from the start of the conversation leading me to believe that this is a reaccurring problem. Sadly, I was not looking for a refund, I just wanted to make them aware of the issue so other guests would not have to suffer as I have. The only thing I am grateful for is that my 2 young kids did not share the bed with me that night.

Room Tip: Stay away... Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Pool was NASTY (had a skim of hair and dirt on the top of the water, bottom was covered with dirt.) Kids could not even swim. Housekeeping going door to door at 7:30 in the morning waking people up asking them if they were ready to check out. Had a room for 4, two towels and 1 wash rag? Asked for more they said they didn’t have any to give. A pest control Co. Was at the hotel (spraying for bed bugs) after I had arrived? Asked for a refund and the manager said he couldn't do that because I had not found any bed bugs in my room. In a non-smoking room that smelled like a BAR, room and carpets were dirty. I was in Clarksville for a softball tournament it was 99 outside and my kids were hot, went back to the hotel room to cool off only to find that housekeeping had turned my air off. One of the other coaches had the front desk give his room to some drunken men. We caught them trying to get into the door, asked them what they were doing and they said it was there room, we had already been there 1 night and our stuff was in the room. What if the drunks had got the door open? The manager said they made a mistake, but still would not give us our money back (even for the next night, so we could go somewhere else. I have never stayed at a hotel like this it was H##L. STAY AWAY from this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Do not waste your time nor your money. Spend the few extra bucks and go to a better place. The room was a decent size and appeared clean, but the bed was the most uncomfortable object to sleep on that I have ever encountered. I've slept better on the ground. The sheets on one of the beds had a burn hole the size of my fist. The "hot breakfast" was a continental breakfast (cold cereal) with sausage and biscuit. The remote didnt work for the tv and we even went across the street to walmart to buy batteries. When we told them about the remote, the indian guy simply said, yes I know, have many complaints. The air conditioner didnt work properly, the room barely stayed cool and the air conditioner ran constantly at the lowest temperature we could put it on. We paid $80.00 plus tax for our room. Don't do it. Spend an extra $20 or $30 and go up the street a few yards and pick a better place. You'll regret staying here. The only positive thing I can say about this room was it had a mini fridge that worked well. The toilet in the room wasnt even bolted to the floor completely. We didnt even stay long enough to test the shower, we were afraid too. Just got up and headed out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Redding
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I should have just requested a refund immediately upon meeting the rude young girl behind the counter, but I was tired from a long flight and just wanted to settle in. The next red flag was the broken window 2 doors down from our room - it certainly put us on alert. Then upon entering our room, there was caked on mud on the furniture, the luggage rest, and the 'carpet' - I decided to just clean it rather than disturb the rude girl and get irritated by her voice again. The beds were like sleeping on boards, the sheets were paper thin, the cigarette burned blankets were probably NEVER washed... it was disgusting! We had people outside our door all night long, talking, yelling, trying to open our door - my daughter was so scared she got into bed with me. In the morning we were finally getting some sleep when housekeeping came - AND wouldn't leave! They insisted on picking up our towels and trying to barge in our room. We packed up and left, I asked for a refund for our next nights stay, the rude girl smiled and said NO - It was OUR FAULT we didn't give them an opportunity to correct things. What we thought would be an inexpensive stay - turned into paying double for a night... just so we felt safe and could actually sleep! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!