“Much better!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ocala, Florida
“Much better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Our stay this December was much better than our last stay in September! I Don't know whether they renovated the rooms or the room we stayed in last time was just worn and in need of some TLC? This time the room was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We are speaking of Clarksville, TN. Not downtown Chicago, but a certainty of facility is required as it is a Marriott.
#1. Personnel are very good.
#2. Most of the room furniture, fixtures and equipment are suitable for a Fairfield.
#3. The general facility is not to Marriott Fairfield standard.
a. I’m on second floor not far from elevator and can hear the high speed spinning of laundry equipment.
b. The windows have a layer of mold. It should be wiped daily and with anti-bacterial weekly.
c. The toilet seat cover is the worst made, unsuitable for sitting on, the seat-cover or the seat used for the toilet business slides making aiming important.
d. Rust and general deterioration is evident behind the louvers of the HVAC.
e. The HVAC is too loud
f. The HVAC intakes the dryer and breakfast cooking smells. There are discharged close to the HVAC intakes for 214, 216, 218….314, 316, 318 Lousy design.
g. A general discoloration is apparent in the grout around the toilet.
h. The b’fast area seating is unacceptable, wore, scratched and thin seats. The window grout there is poor. The air supply is noisy.

Room Tip: Stay away from 216, 218, 316, 318
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Clarksville Fairfield Inn three times now. On this last occasion, we had three rooms for our family group. The property is about as good as it gets for a moderately priced chain hotel in my opinion. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and well maintained. Breakfast was included in the rate and offered a good variety - including a waffle maker, despite what I saw in one other review. The location was far enough off the main road to be quiet, but near enough to be part of the strip development sprawl that characterizes Wilma Rudolph Boulevard - it's convenient but not scenic. My only quibble is that the wi-fi is very slow and prone to dropping you.

The Fairfield Inn will be my "go to" property as long as my son is stationed in Clarksville.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped on a holiday trip headed south...wonderful desk service. Polite staff.

Very cool room comfy bed and pillows. the room is very modern...very clean. We will vizit again.

Highly recommended. Better than most 3-4 stars w weave stayed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Conviently located close to interstate and eateries. Room was spacious, well maintained and comfortable. Above average Fairfield inn, average breakfast with a friendly staff. Room could use a little more attention for cleaning, spider web on ceiling and stains on the bath mat.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Port Washington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a great location to stay in if you're looking to go to Nashville, but be out of the hustle & bustle of everything. It was a 45 minute drive, tops, and had a Cracker Barrel & several other restaurants within a mile or 2. Easy to find, easy on/easy off. We got a great rate & weren't disappointed.
We arrived after midnight, which can sometimes cause problems, but they had our rooms ready to go & in we went. The beds are really soft & comfy. I'd requested extra pillows & was delighted to find a mountain of them on both beds. The room was clean, quiet, & comfortable. Breakfast was a nice treat with cereal, bagels, juice, coffee, eggs, & sausage. We even had a fridge & microwave in the room.
The TV was a flatscreen, which was nice in a budget hotel, & I appreciated the wifi signal, which allowed for uninterrupted movie watching on the laptop. The pool was nice, but disappointing that there is no longer a hot tub. We will definitely consider this property the next time we're in Tennessee.

Room Tip: There's a lot of emercency vehicles in the area & the sirens can get noisy unless you have e...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed in room 314 one night and found on the morning of my departure that there was no hot water in the shower. The water was plenty hot in the lavatory sink but the shower had nothing more than cold water. When I mentioned it to the lady at the front desk on my way out, I was told simply that they would let their maintenance person know.
I also felt that the room was showing some age. Typically I have been pleased with other Fairfield Inn & Suites properties but this property did not live up to the expectations that I have come to expect from Fairfield Inn & Suites

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
I apologize for my delayed response to your very valuable feedback. It saddens me, knowing we failed to meet your expectations during your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Clarksville, Tennessee. Ensuring the satisfaction of our guests is the MOST important job we have. In fact, providing you with a clean, comfortable room ... and addressing any concern you might have are 2 of the "Promises" we make ... and should always keep. Would you be willing to contact me, personally, to share some additional feedback? I have included my number below (for that reason). It is my hope, the next time you visit Clarksville, you will choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites, again, and your stay will be memorable for very different reasons. I look forward to talking to you .....

All the best,
Sean Craft
Area Support
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Clarksville

Been to Fairfield Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!