“Not 3.5 Stars!!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Clarksville
“Not 3.5 Stars!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I purchased this room through Priceline. It said that the hotel was 3.5 stars...but I have never stayed at a hotel with this many stars where the rooms were outside corridors. The overall stay was pleasant. I was disappointed in the amount of money it cost for a Motel experience. Breakfast was their claim to fame... but my security and comfort in knowing that not everybody could walk right by my window is worth more than an egg. Lower the price. This is a fancy Motel at best.

• Stayed September 2013
dberck, Owner at Quality Inn Exit 4, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear ncofficial:

Thank you for your feedback about the Quality Inn. I am sorry you did not know that the know that the Quality Inn had exterior corridors, although there is an inner courtyard. Many guests prefer our type of property, but not all. I see your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed our large buffet breakfast. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

First off, this hotel was ranked 3 stars along with Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn. This is NOT a three star hotel. I feel like we paid 3 star prices for a 2 star hotel. That was a bummer.
Now that we have established that, this is a decent hotel. The major negative about it is that the room STANK. It was musty and it never got better. They need to replace the carpet and the curtains. I could rank the hotel 4/5 if it weren't for the stink.
The beds seemed to be newer and they were comfy.
The hotel staff was very nice and in the morning the manager was hands on both at check out and then later he stocked some breakfast items on the buffet. It was apparent that he was trying to make sure guests were happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room that has new carpet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
dberck, Owner at Quality Inn Exit 4, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Rekneebeanie:

I am sorry you had a bad experience with an odor in your room. I would like to know which room you were in so that we can investigate and make the necessary changes. Your feedback is very important. I am pleased that the rest of your stay was satisfactory. Our employees try to exceed all guest expectations and you witnessed an employee doing everything to please our guests. We hope you will try us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This inn was rated 3 star out of 5 on Priceline. We would rate it 4 overall. The breakfast buffet was awesome. We were pleasantly surprised to find a small refrigerator and microwave. The TV was better quality than we expected also. Wifi was a great convenience. The primary reason we chose this inn was because it is pet friendly and we could take our little dog with us.

• Stayed August 2013
dberck, Owner at Quality Inn Exit 4, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Popachi:

Thank you for your very nice review. We welcome you, your family and of course your pet (obviously part of the family). As you noticed the amenities at our prperty are top notch and all rooms have similar amenities. The breakfast was awesome, WOW!! As Clarksville's only property offering a free full buffet breakfast, we love hearing that we are delivering on our promise. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Maitland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We pass through Clarksville, TN every six months between our seasonal homes in Wisconsin and Florida, and always stay at the Quality Inn Exit 4. Located right on the main drag, close to plenty of restaurant choices, but far enough setback to allow for a quiet and tranquil night's sleep. Great indoor pool, bar, and excellent breakfast buffet. Also pet-friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Imwolddw:

Thank you for your review and your loyalty to our property. You are one of many guests who stop at our property on their way down South and again on their way back home. I am glad you were able to have a quiet night's sleep and were able to wake up to our fantastic breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next trip South.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After my first horrid experience at another motel in Clarksville, I got a room here. Thankfully. There couldn't be a bigger contrast. The hotel is clean and well taken care of. You can see the pride the owners of this hotel take in it. Pride is evident throughout! It is an older hotel, as others have shared. But, it is kept up. The room was very clean. The hotel has two very nice pools as well as other amenities that make it stand out as well. The breakfast buffet is first rate! You won't go away hungry.

The staff was very professional and polite. They assured me if there was any problem they would make it right! Every staff member I encountered during my stay was very polite and helpful. Whatever the management is doing, they are doing it right.

Thank you for this gem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
dberck, Owner at Quality Inn Exit 4, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ohio_Kimber:

Thank you for your very nice words about the Quality Inn. You are absolutely correct that we take great pride in our property. We go out of our way to exceed guest expectations. When we fail it is taken very personally. We are thrilled in your case we succeeded. As a three time Gold Award hotel, you were able to see that service is what makes the difference between a bad and a good property. As Clarksville's only property that offers a full free buffet breakfast, we are happy you never went away hungry. We hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The manager reached me through a bid for a reunion group and I accepted his offer and declined the others based on his bid. I called immediately (August 13th) and I got no response. I left numerous voice mails the following two days and when I gave up on voice mails, I asked the front desk clerk to give him a personal message since it appears from her statement that he is the ONLY one in sales. This frustrated me and so I had to book the main event in Hopkinsville.

He finally returned my call on August 21st to see what was going on. He didn't leave a message but I returned the call anyway. I advised of the issues dealing with his hotel so far and he apologized and stated that he never got a message (not even the ones on his voice mail). He inquired about the new even location and stated that he would get the book and see if my date was available. After thirty minutes, he returned my call and stated that his sales team (that I doubt he has) didn't return my call because his party room was booked for that day. He went on to suggest the weekend before! I informed him we are coming from all over the world and that would not work.

In a prior life, I was a operations manager and I know this is not acceptable. I also know that in my messages nor in my original bid did it ask for a room, on a group rate for us all to stay AND IF a room was available it wouldn't hurt. We wrapped out conversation with us just deciding the name for our group to register up under.

I have since had two calls from people stating that the front desk knows nothing of this group so I called to check for myself. The representative stated that she did not see a group under that name and when I advised that Richard Rolland the GM was the one who personally booked it, she transferred me back to his line. Of course he did NOT answer! This will be the end of this story since we are having this much trouble just getting a call returned or a group booked in which the GM personally requested on a bidding site. I consider this high unprofessional and quite frustrating since our event is less than two weeks away but I refuse to allow guests flying from all parts of the world to even risk having more mishaps!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms Randall:

I wish to apologize for all the miscommunications on the booking of your group. I have discussed this issue with my General Manager, who has also discussed this with the sales staff. Yes we do have a sales staff of two additional people, one for inside sales with meeting and banquets, and an outside sales person.

According to my General Manager: "When your bid came through the third party website, it was for 15 rooms and meeting space was a requirement for the second night. I gave you a bid for the rooms and gave my sales staff the contact to check on meeting space. When it was determined that the meeting space was not available, I believe our staff felt we could not accomodate you. If you were not informed of that , then we definitely dropped the ball. I have to this date not received a message from you on my voice mail or through amessage at the front desk. The reason I called you when I did was as a courtesy call to see if you had been taken care of from our end. I am sorry that there has been such miscommunication. We go out of our way to exceed the expectations of our guests, but we failed in your case."

I also apologize for failing to communicate properly with you.

Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Price of room ids competitive for area. Room is average motel room-room access from parking lot. TV is up to date. Furniture not too beat. Heated indoor pool is plus. Lobby also has sauna room and jacuzzi. Free breakfast was excellent! How can you tell? Waffle maker idle because eggs bacon sauage trots and biscuits are good. Very attentive staff.

• Stayed August 2013
dberck, Owner at Quality Inn Exit 4, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Jim:

Thank you for your feedback about the Quality Inn. I appreciate your kind words and hope we met your expectations. I am pleased you enjoyed our free breakfast buffet, and noticed the high quality items. We try to give value to our customers and great customer service. We hope to see you again.

Been to Quality Inn Exit 4? Share your experiences!