“Only Basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Clarksville
Illinois
“Only Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is the plainest, most basic Holiday Inn Express I have ever used.
The lobby was tired. The elevator worked, but not all that well. The room was clean but well worn.
We arrived after 9 pm and the front desk clerk was cordial and accommodating. The room was near the elevator and near some rather noisy neighbors...I don't know what they were doing.
The breakfast the next morning was OK. Nothing special. I guess I've had worse. Again the lady running the breakfast was pleasant and accommodating. The hotel was inhabited by what appeared to be male construction workers. I'm not complaining about hard working men but this hotel seemed to be set up for them.

Room Tip: It would do in a pinch. Don't go looking for this one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear FredIllinois,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that the service you have mentioned our accommodating breakfast staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indian Mound, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a really bad experience here as well. I understand that there was a storm, but when we inquired upon checking in why there was plastic sheeting hanging in the lobby, we should have been told why rather than "we're remodeling". No ice. No air except in the rooms. No water pressure so difficult to flush, and only a trickle from the shower. Cold breakfast set up in the fitness center with a handful of tables, and people actually coming in there to work out while others were eating their cereal. Then the power went out for about 20 minutes, but came back on. Went out again a bit later, around 10am, and stayed out til about 12:30 when we checked out. Really? And while I'm on the subject, one light in the hall is NOT adequate as a fire safety feature. The hall was pitch black except near the end of the hall where the light was. And with the housekeeping carts in the halls, that is dangerous. Y'all need to shut this place down while you complete the work.

Room Tip: maybe, choose another hotel....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear SonriseBMD,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience of the remodeling of the property.I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a nasty hotel with Holiday Inn sinage. The elevator is broke, the pool is broke, and the hallways are hot and smelly. The trashcans in the front of the hotel were overflowing and there was a couple in the parkinglot who were panhandling. The lady at the counter spent most of her time sitting in the back or using her cell phone. This has to be one of my worst experiences of being on the traveling over 50% of the year. The breakfast was nasty and to be desired. This Holiday Inn is independently owned and I believe that they really tarnish the Holiday Inn brand.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel all together.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear R B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry that you were disappointed about the condition of our hotel facilities, overall cleanliness, breakfast options and atmosphere of the hallways as well as the service you received from our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Zelyn N
Cairo, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stopped here for the night returning for vacation. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Could use some updating but not too bad. Very good breakfast. Pool was colsed due to a recent storm that had passed through but looked very nice. Nice location, right off I-24, close to gas stations and several restaurants. Check-in staff was very nice. Would recommend and go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Important features of this hotel are fine - clean room, friendly staff, ample parking. The woman who ran the breakfast bar was especially nice, telling me to leave the table for her to clean and wishing a good day. There are a few little annoyances - broken printer by the courtesy computer, broken elevator and closed pool. Overall, would not go back, unless they had the only rooms in town.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Dave L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are pleased that you mentioned our friendly staff and for noticing the cleanliness of the room. I’m sorry to hear that the elevator and the pool were not working during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments.

Janice A
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After a long week of travel, I arrived at this HIE. I was looking forward to relaxing in an air conditioned room and having a quiet evening.
When I walked in, it was obvious they were having work (painting) done in the hotel. They checked me into a room next to the fitness room, the ice and vending machines, and across from housekeeping. The room was hotter than hell. They said it was because it was so hot outside. I think it was because the AC units were old and had never been cleaned (lots of dust/dirt in the unit).
It barely started to cool off when a solvent smell started coming into my room. When I went to the desk, they said it was because they just had the storeroom painted (with what kind of paint???). The smell was terrible, so I asked for a different room. They gave me a room upstairs, and guess what - the elevator was out of order!
I get into the room and it was hotter than hell! Again, I asked at the front desk and they said - again - it was because it's so hot outside.
I settled in and tried to do some work. It was kind of cooling down, but still hot in the room. I went to the front desk and asked about it again! They gave me a dirty box fan.
I should have moved to a new hotel, but it was very late.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear MDT303,

Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We are incredibly disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations on this day. I would like to apologize for the problems and inconveniences you experienced due to the faulty air conditioning unit and elevator services. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Six Mile, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Typically, we've had a good experience with Holiday Inn; however, this has to be the worst Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. We reserved two rooms. When we arrived at 4:00 PM, we were told our rooms were not ready. We had to wait about 30 minutes to check in along with other patrons who had arrived shortly before us.

The elevator was broken which meant carrying luggage up a flight of stairs. The second floor hallway was blistering hot which should have been my clue to leave this dump. The room was also hotter than the face of the sun. The air was running, but it was only blowing hot air. After complaining about the temperature in the room, we were given the hotels only "King Suite" as no other rooms were available. The AC in this room was not working either. I was told I could check out and get a full refund; however, it was 10:00 PM and after traveling for 8 hours, I chose to get a box fan and tough it out.

The AC in the second room was working; however, the room had a very musty smell.

Avoid this hotel at all cost. It is poorly managed and even more poorly maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Chris K,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. The Air Conditioner was giving many of our guest’s issues and I'm grateful you brought this to our attention. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Janice A
IHG Care

Been to Comfort Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!