“Avoid this hotel at all cost.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Avoid this hotel at all cost.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a nasty hotel with Holiday Inn sinage. The elevator is broke, the pool is broke, and the hallways are hot and smelly. The trashcans in the front of the hotel were overflowing and there was a couple in the parkinglot who were panhandling. The lady at the counter spent most of her time sitting in the back or using her cell phone. This has to be one of my worst experiences of being on the traveling over 50% of the year. The breakfast was nasty and to be desired. This Holiday Inn is independently owned and I believe that they really tarnish the Holiday Inn brand.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel all together.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear R B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry that you were disappointed about the condition of our hotel facilities, overall cleanliness, breakfast options and atmosphere of the hallways as well as the service you received from our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Zelyn N

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cairo, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stopped here for the night returning for vacation. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Could use some updating but not too bad. Very good breakfast. Pool was colsed due to a recent storm that had passed through but looked very nice. Nice location, right off I-24, close to gas stations and several restaurants. Check-in staff was very nice. Would recommend and go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Important features of this hotel are fine - clean room, friendly staff, ample parking. The woman who ran the breakfast bar was especially nice, telling me to leave the table for her to clean and wishing a good day. There are a few little annoyances - broken printer by the courtesy computer, broken elevator and closed pool. Overall, would not go back, unless they had the only rooms in town.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Dave L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are pleased that you mentioned our friendly staff and for noticing the cleanliness of the room. I’m sorry to hear that the elevator and the pool were not working during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After a long week of travel, I arrived at this HIE. I was looking forward to relaxing in an air conditioned room and having a quiet evening.
When I walked in, it was obvious they were having work (painting) done in the hotel. They checked me into a room next to the fitness room, the ice and vending machines, and across from housekeeping. The room was hotter than hell. They said it was because it was so hot outside. I think it was because the AC units were old and had never been cleaned (lots of dust/dirt in the unit).
It barely started to cool off when a solvent smell started coming into my room. When I went to the desk, they said it was because they just had the storeroom painted (with what kind of paint???). The smell was terrible, so I asked for a different room. They gave me a room upstairs, and guess what - the elevator was out of order!
I get into the room and it was hotter than hell! Again, I asked at the front desk and they said - again - it was because it's so hot outside.
I settled in and tried to do some work. It was kind of cooling down, but still hot in the room. I went to the front desk and asked about it again! They gave me a dirty box fan.
I should have moved to a new hotel, but it was very late.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear MDT303,

Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel. I truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We are incredibly disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations on this day. I would like to apologize for the problems and inconveniences you experienced due to the faulty air conditioning unit and elevator services. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Six Mile, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Typically, we've had a good experience with Holiday Inn; however, this has to be the worst Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. We reserved two rooms. When we arrived at 4:00 PM, we were told our rooms were not ready. We had to wait about 30 minutes to check in along with other patrons who had arrived shortly before us.

The elevator was broken which meant carrying luggage up a flight of stairs. The second floor hallway was blistering hot which should have been my clue to leave this dump. The room was also hotter than the face of the sun. The air was running, but it was only blowing hot air. After complaining about the temperature in the room, we were given the hotels only "King Suite" as no other rooms were available. The AC in this room was not working either. I was told I could check out and get a full refund; however, it was 10:00 PM and after traveling for 8 hours, I chose to get a box fan and tough it out.

The AC in the second room was working; however, the room had a very musty smell.

Avoid this hotel at all cost. It is poorly managed and even more poorly maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Chris K,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. The Air Conditioner was giving many of our guest’s issues and I'm grateful you brought this to our attention. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

when we arrived the elevator was not working (i rented 3 rooms) at 66 i carried the luggage up to a hall that was 105 to 110 degrees to our 1st room that the smoke alarm was going off and the ac was not working we got another room and when i told the clerk our other 2 rooms were not properly cooling (temp were 85 to 90) she said it just takes longer to cool off so we went out to supper. when we returned the 2 rooms were still in the 85 to 90 range. i contacted the clerk she said the manger susan mcclure said nothing could be done ( i am sure you and your staff knew these rooms were like this) i had just driven for 11 hours and did not have the engery to keep going. your staff did not offer to find us another room and would not give a refund. the clock was not working nor was the bed side phone in my room. needless to say a poorly rating is not sufficient for this stay. we were not the only ones this happened to that night i talked to others with the same problems your Clarksville tenn holiday inns are awful.
if we had been dogs we could have called the humane society and had you cited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear william s,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. Let me also take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced because of the Air Conditioner. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a very old motel with a mediocre attempt at updating. Long, long dirty hall, with elevator at one end, and no AC. Room was relatively clean and acceptable, but noisy AC. Breakfast was pretty bad. Breakfast room was small and dirty, and no one was cleaning up obvious spills. This was our second stay at a HIE. The first was last week in Omaha, and it couldn't have been better. We expected the same in Clarksville, and were VERY disappointed. No comparison. Now we feel we can't rely on a high standard from HIE.

Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Clarksville, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Buster409,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you noticed the cleanliness of your room. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding the situation of our hotel as well as breakfast. I assure you that these points will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Comfort Inn Clarksville? Share your experiences!