After a long week of travel, I arrived at this HIE. I was looking forward to relaxing in an air conditioned room and having a quiet evening.
When I walked in, it was obvious they were having work (painting) done in the hotel. They checked me into a room next to the fitness room, the ice and vending machines, and across from housekeeping. The room was hotter than hell. They said it was because it was so hot outside. I think it was because the AC units were old and had never been cleaned (lots of dust/dirt in the unit).
It barely started to cool off when a solvent smell started coming into my room. When I went to the desk, they said it was because they just had the storeroom painted (with what kind of paint???). The smell was terrible, so I asked for a different room. They gave me a room upstairs, and guess what - the elevator was out of order!
I get into the room and it was hotter than hell! Again, I asked at the front desk and they said - again - it was because it's so hot outside.
I settled in and tried to do some work. It was kind of cooling down, but still hot in the room. I went to the front desk and asked about it again! They gave me a dirty box fan.
I should have moved to a new hotel, but it was very late.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Clarksville Hotel Clarksville
- Holiday Inn Express Clarksville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Clarksville
- Clarksville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express of Clarksville, Tennessee! We are located in a rapidly growing area of Clarksville, right off Interstate 24 at exit 11. Clarksville is the 'Gateway to the New South', conveniently locating us in Tennessee, but just minutes from Kentucky. Fort Campbell Army Base is just a short drive away on the interstate. We are only 45 minutes away from Nashville, our state capitol. Stay with us, and you can be away from the hustle and bustle of Music City, but still close enough to enjoy a day of excitement. If you are looking for something to do locally, we are 7 miles from Beachaven Winery, a local vineyard that offers a variety of wines to taste. Also located nearby are Dunbar Cave, Austin Peay State University, and the Cumberland Riverwalk. Here at the Holiday Inn Express, we strive to be a hotel you will love to stay at. We provide a fitness room open at 5:30 A.M. so you have time for your morning jog before work. Then make your way to our Express Start Breakfast Bar, where you can enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast and a cup of Smart Roast coffee - every day of the week! Visit Clarksville, TN and Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express!. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Inn Clarksville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.