“Clean and Modern Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Clarksville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clarksville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Holiday Drive, Clarksville, TN 37040   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Clarksville
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Clean and Modern Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here one night during a cross-country road trip to South Carolina from California. It was our last stop before arriving and when we walked into the room we let out a sigh of relief. We had requested a quiet room and we were given a king bed facing opposite the highway. We had two dogs in tow and the room they gave us was super clean, modern with nice decor and comfortable. It was a pleasant stay for one night and one of the best of the La Quinta hotels in which we stayed on our trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for three nights based on TripAdvisor reviews. It fit our needs. We needed two queen beds - some hotels only have doubles. We like the availability of a continental breakfast. One negative is that rooms with people who brought pets seem to be too close to those without. I really do not want to hear a yippy dog at 6am, especially for the amount I paid (and I did not have a pet along). These people were only their the first morning, so it could have been worse. All in all a nice hotel, nicely decorated, clean.

Room Tip: I always choose a top floor so no one is walking around above me. There was a problem on the first...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Knoxville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a nice well maintained property. I stayed here 2 yrs ago with no issues. However this year when I arrived I was told that I had no reservation, and the hotel was sold out for the night. Once I presented my confirmation, I was told my room had been cancelled, but the system could not show who or how it was cancelled. After being persistent and requesting to speak with the manager, I was finally given a room. Very frustrating and irritating as I was hot, tired and ready to rest and have a comfortable evening

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Gainesville, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Typical LaQuinta Inn; Very clean, quality, comfortable accomodations. Nice pool/spa area. I would definitly return and would recommend to others. Family had set up a block of rooms w/ "special pricing" at another local hotel. We booked this room for about the same price and got a much better hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have stayed here numerous times and have never had an issue. The hotel is always clean, rooms are clean, and the staff is always very friendly. If I really had to choose something, I would say that the front desk seems to be understaffed as it can take a bit to check in sometimes. Especially if you get caught behind a guest that has never stayed there before and doesn't have reservations. Otherwise, they will not get any complaints out of me for anything. BTW .. they have free drinks Monday - Thursday nights, so that can be a plus if you like to unwind after a long day in conferences or traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Henderson, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We didn't get to experience much because we were in and out in about 12 hours but check in was easy although the girl at the desk was hard to understand (Very nice but an eastern European accent). I believe she should switch shifts so someone who is easier to talk to is working at all times. She was very nice but I know 2nd shift is a 1 person shift and I noticed several in the morning. Anyways, We got the whirlpool room because it's what my husband wanted. When we got to the room I was overjoyed! It was large, beautiful, everything you could ask for. There was a Jacuzzi, pull out couch, king bed, desk, eating table, bathroom, full size mirror and place to set a carry-on size suitcase, I loved the mirror with the high counter (it was perfect to do my make up!) After we ate dinner that we had brought with us, he went to get in the whirlpool. There was still soap in the whirlpool (like a used bar!) and the whirlpool had a film to it. It was very evident that the whirlpool wasn't clean. (Do you have someone who checks your rooms after housekeeping?) My husband was so upset. I do work in a hotel and our sister property is a LaQuinta property, as well. I understand mistakes happen so I wasn't too mad. I went to the desk and asked if there was anymore rooms available to switch to. She moved us to the room right below us and it was set up almost the exact same. I was happy but inconvenienced that I had to move after already unpacking and everything. I was still weary of the whirlpool but once I filled it up and drained it and cleaned it myself I was safe to get in it! We had a great night stay other than us being smokers (get a bench outside or some sort of seating area. We saw a ton of people walking dogs or smoking and having to sit IN the grass or in the parking lot! Anyways, it was fine until the next morning. We left for breakfast after seeing their selection was very very slim. I work at a hotel who charges half the price as this LaQuinta and we have twice the selection for breakfast. I was very disappointed. We went to waffle house right by the hotel, instead. We came back and my husband wanted to relax in the Jacuzzi but I didn't feel good at all (I Blame Wafflehouse by the way) so I went to the bathroom. Housekeeping without knocking or anything came in our room (It was exactly 9:16 am I looked at my phone) but luckily we had the latch on so she couldn't open the door. She shut the door and began to knock.. loudly. I work at a hotel and KNOW the proper procedure and its NOT that. We didn't answer her because he couldn't really hear what she was saying with the whirlpool on and I was in the bathroom getting sick and didn't feel like talking to a housekeeper. After 30 seconds of her "housekeeping! *knock knock* housekeeping!" I said "We are obviously in here!" She apologized and moved on. I was pretty upset. I had tried to find the DND the night before and again in the morning to hang up, but our room did not have one that I could find. We left the hotel and went about our day.

PROS:
+The décor is updated and beautiful.
+The whirlpool room is spacious
+Location is great (We lived in Clarksville for 3 years)
+Indoor pool was awesome but we didn't get to experience it

CONS
-Breakfast selection
-Relate ability of hotel staff
-HOUSEKEEPING IS AWFUL
-no discount for any of our annoyances (We would never ask, but it should've been offered- we paid full price of about $150 and I know a discount should've been applied after what happened)
-Gym. If I'm not mistaken LaQunita has a 1000+ sq ft requirement for their Gyms and theirs didn't seem that large.
-Get a bench or some sort of outdoor sitting area.

All in all, decent stay. Very pleased with aesthetics of hotel for the price. Just get better housekeepers. I know they're hard to find but they're worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We usually stay at La Quintas because they are incredibly pet friendly. I've found that LQ hotels are usually hit or miss, and this one was definitely a hit! Newly remodeled, decent breakfast, free wifi, small fitness center, quiet, convenient location (right off of 24, Exit 4). There are lots of hotels in this area, but this hotel was one of the nicer ones and was a good value when compared with similar hotels off of Exit 4. I definitely recommend it and would stay again!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!