“Super 8 Chattanooga” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
A TripAdvisor Member
“Super 8 Chattanooga”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We recieved friendly service and a clean room. The breakfast room was unappealing but there is a Waffle House right next door. Chosen for location which was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed a lot of Super 8 and all going down hill.this one smelled bad the hall ways stunk like cigarette smoke the bed hard will not stay again here noise from highway bad

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Van Buren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We called for reservations on the 800 number and they put us downtown instead of at this motel. Super 8 customer service was not a lot of help but this manager spent a lot of time helping us cancel the other reservations. I, also, needed another pillow and he provided one promptly. The price was right, the room was clean but the breakfast was not great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

The room was clean, seemed in good repair and the furnishings were fine. The breakfast was nothing special. Coffee, a choice of two juices, some tacky sweet rolls, toast, cereal and make your own waffles. The mattresses were rather firm, but I like it that way. I had a quiet night with no noise complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Check in was pleasant and knowledgeable. Recommended the Wendy's down the road and it was Horrible. The stairwell smelled of smoke. We were the first room inside the glass door on the second floor and I expected a lot of noise. It was pretty quiet. Room was OK, but dated. Were the sheets clean? Breakfast was OK. Three tiny tables. The biker receptionist at check out didn't even speak other than "here you go" when he handed me my receipt.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We ended up staying here after a change in the reservations we had (due to weather). I'm not sure how long ago the pictures shown with this hotel were taken, but this hotel no longer looks like any of those pictures on the inside. The outside looks okay, or we wouldn't even have stopped there. The lobby looked ok, so I went ahead and got a room so we would get a room for the night. Hallways were very dark, but carpet didn't look very clean even in the dim light. Basic inside of room was ok, but bathroom was atrocious. There was mold above the shower, and shower walls and seams appeared to have mildew on them. Fan in bathroom did not work at all. Beds appeared to be clean. Breakfast was minimal. Back door did not require you to use your key card, even though I was told to use it. Didn't attempt to go to the pool. My husband did chime in with another customer who was complaining, and the person at the desk made some comment about this is what happens when I leave for the weekend. Things didn't get bad over a weekend here. We would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Shorewood, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was, hands down, the most disgusting hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay at. I booked this hotel sight unseen, because my family wanted to stay overnight in Chattanooga and do some sight seeing before heading down to Florida.

As we entered the hotel, I was concerned totally disgusted by the smoke smell throughout the entire stairwell. The smell continued up to the second floor where our non-smoking room was. The place was like a giant ashtray.

Our room wasn't much better. The bathroom was horrible. From the urine ring around the base of the toilet, to the unidentifiable spatters and streaks down the door. I almost didn't want to use the shower, but felt I had to try to get some of the nasty feeling off me the following morning.

The beds were hopefully clean. It was hard telling. My children wouldn't even walk on the carpet without their shoes (they are 10 and 12). My son made the comment, "I wish I could levitate, so I don't have to sleep on the bed." I think that's how we all felt.

We didn't bother eating the complimentary breakfast for fear of any other bad encounters (cereal and waffles). As we left, I found the "security" door at the back of the building we used didn't work at all. It could be pulled open without the use of the key. Makes me wonder if some of the questionable clientele we saw coming in and out that door even belonged there!

If I could give this place no stars, I would. We only stayed here, because most of the hotels I had called were already booked, as there was a festival of some kind going on in the city, and we had already paid for it. We would not have gotten a refund back. Even when I called down to the front desk for an issue with the tv, no one even answered! And I literally let it ring about 20 times just out of anger.

The next morning when we went to breakfast, I was speaking to our waitress at the cracker Barrel nearby. She even said, "Oh Honey, next time don't ever stay there." she even knew of it, and gave me the name of a hotel worthwhile.

While we spent around $90 (through a travel website-and this was a discount. Can't imagine paying even a penny more for it!), I should have at least gotten a clean place to spend the night.

Room Tip: Don't book an unseen room