“Great location, nice historic hotel, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Read House Historic Inn And Suites

You added The Read House Historic Inn And Suites to your Saves list
The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 (Formerly Sheraton Read House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Tampa, Florida
“Great location, nice historic hotel, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

One of Sheraton's historic properties that is very nice. Staff is outstanding and super helpful. Very good price, very good location. 2 blocks from Chattanoogan that cost much more per night. Starbucks in lobby, use valet parking since hotel is located downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed 1 night recently at the Read House. As an SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to a very spacious corner suite, the bed was great considering that the night before, the bed was so bad that my back was killing me. As a Plat member, I was given access to the exec lounge which served a great breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on the regular offering.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We reserved connecting rooms which were guaranteed by the front desk. We required this as we were staying with 2 children. When we arrived one room was ready and the other being cleaned. Other room was available after 3:30. When we opened the door it was filled with someone else's belongings (ie. the room was occupied). There were no other connecting rooms available and so we crammed into one room with a rollaway.... Not what we wanted and not what we were promised. The front desk was very unapologetic in my opinion. In addition the state of our only room is unacceptable. There was hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor. Overall I am disgusted by the experience. I am a loyal spg gold member and would expect better care. I believe we are owed something for this disappointing stay. Apparently there is no manager on the weekends.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Our great experience started upon arrival at the Read House. The young man at the valet, Jonny, was so friendly and so helpful. He gave us a brief history of the hotel and took our luggage out of the car and up to our room for us. He went above and beyond the normal valet service. Everyone in the hotel was so friendly and made our stay so enjoyable. Our room was vet clean, and the beds are very comfortable. I just wish they had refrigerators in them. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013
Manchester, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My new boyfriend and I recently took a 5-day trip to Chattanooga, TN.

The Sheraton Read House was a lovely, highly efficient and COMFORTABLE accomodation.

I write this review because we drove a huge diesel pick-up truck, and I was afraid to trust it in the hands of the valet service. He, however, was fine with it... so we did.

I must say, these valets all worked harder than any young men I have ever seen!!! It must have been about 98 degrees and they were running and moving cars during check in and out and every moment in-between with courtesy and professionalism.

Although all of the valets were excellent, I would like to point out the outstanding young men we had the pleasure of dealing with more than others: Jonny Pereira was so on top of things, I actually asked him for his full name to write this review. He seemed to have a sixth sense as to what we needed, he had outstanding knowledge of the hotel services and local hot spots, as well as the local historic sites. Our truck was always there within a minute when we came down, etc.

Timmy and Taylor were also outstanding.

Thank you for a great time, Read House!

Flintstone, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was an excellent location for my family for our reunion. The staff was friendly and exceptionally professional. Timmy in valet was great with assisting moving all the stuff we brought upon arrival and with loading on departure. Spenser at front desk was great with solving issues. One particular of a few issues was mini moon pies that I was to receive from the Chattanooga Convention Center came up missing. He was able to get them replaced. Our housekeeper to which I missed getting her name was excellent also. Also, the banquet staff was excellent and the food was awesome and just delicious.
The most impressive thing about this hotel is there were two other family reunions besides mine going on this same weekend. They coordinated well. Any of a few mishaps that came up were resolved professionally.
My guests were impressed with the historical beauty of the Sheraton Read House. We also enjoyed the Presidental Suite on the 10th floor. I was able to host a Presidential Reception for my guests since the space was large, roomy and nice.
I definitely recommend this hotel for any event.

alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Got this hotel as a priceline bid, so we did not really have a choice. There were too many things wrong. The chair in the bedroom was so spotted and stained I was afraid to sit in it. The tub badly needs relining- it had many chipped spots. The hallways are just rundown. The room marked "Ice and Vending" had only ice. I called down to the front desk 3!!! times to get an extra luggage rack before I finally got one. Then we called down the next day for a washcloth since the maid took them and did not replace them. We never got a washcloth. The only positive thing about this hotel was the location downtown. It was convenient. The Starbucks in the lobby had several homeless people asleep on the sofas.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jenea P, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Our Sheraton Read House is known for its high quality and we have faliled for you. I am so sorry as I would be upset as well. Please call me at 423-313-3873 as i would love to be able to make it up to you in some way. Thank you for your feedback.
Warm Regards,
Jen

Been to The Read House Historic Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!