“A beautiful Hotel in a Nice City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Read House Historic Inn And Suites

You added The Read House Historic Inn And Suites to your Saves list
The Read House Historic Inn And Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 (Formerly Sheraton Read House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta
“A beautiful Hotel in a Nice City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just spent one night at the Read House Hotel in Chattanooga. The staff were friendly and well trained. The hotel was immaculately clean. Our room was large and had a separate sitting area away from the bedroom area. I am assuming this was an upgrade. The location is a short walk to the aquarium (under .5 miles). There are a number of good restaurants within walking distance. Overall, a nice hotel experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Many thanks for both staying with us and for your kind comments about your recent visit with us here at the historic Sheraton Read House in downtown Chattanooga, TN. I am very pleased we were able to upgrade you to one of our Suites in the historic Tower section of the hotel. I fully agree with you that we are a great location to all that downtown Chattanooga has to offer - did you have a chance to use the city's Electric Shuttle service at all? Thank you for your business and I hope you will consider us again when you travel back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed overnight at this historic property and enjoyed our stay. It is a great location and has easy access to the aquarium and other attractions in downtown Chattanoga.

The room size was larger than standard hotel rooms. Some updating would improve the rooms as well as some improvements with minor housekeeping details. We found 3 beer bottlecaps in the corner of the room. In addition, the closet door was removed - but they left a small piece of the closet runner glued to the floor.

Also, during check-in, front desk staff was ok - but not outstanding. Overall, nice stay would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at The Read House Historic Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here at the historic Sheraton Read House Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, TN; I am glad you felt we were a good location for you and that we were able to assign you one of our Suites. I do apologize for the minor Housekeeping issues you encountered and hope this did not impact your visit in too great a fashion. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future and thank you for your business.
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Read House Hotel Friday Night August 3rd. I have stayed at this property twice. Both times the rooms were recently renovated with very comfortable bedding, modern flat screen tv's, and very clean. The bathrooms are small and do not offer much shelf space. The in-room coffee / tea service includes Starbuck's coffee.
Check in was quick and efficient. Elevator access / service is good. Used the valet service and the valets always provide prompt attention and offer help with luggage, etc. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants, bars, and attractions (movie theatre, baseball stadium, etc). The downtown area is well developed and is marketed as a tourist destination. The area appears to be safe with many other people "out and about" during the day and evening. There is a Starbucks cafe and a high-end steak house adjacent to the hotel. I used Priceline for my reservation. I feel I received good value for the price and would stay here again the next time my travels bring me to Chattanooga.

Room Tip: I used priceline to get a better rate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind comments regarding your recent visit with us via Priceline here at the historic Sheraton Read House Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, TN - I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and felt we were a good value for you. The Starbucks and Porter's Steakhouse you referenced are both ours and inside the hotel; in the case of the latter we are proud to offer USDA Prime Beef, one of the few here to do so. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy a good deal of what our city has to offer; be sure to use the Electric Shuttle next time you are back - we have our very own "Read House" stop right outside our Broad Street doors. We appreciate and thank you for your business and llok forward to welcoming you back again!
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We got a room using Priceline - $95 - very convenient to everything using the free electric shuttle provided by Chattanooga - the hotel was clean and neat -2 tvs in our room - sitting area and bedroom -this is an old building and is classy looking. Our bath did not have any type of vanity though - so for a longer stay it makes it more difficult. Valet parking is $15 a night

Room Tip: Try Priceline
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us here at the historic Sheraton Read House in downtown Chattanooga, TN, via your Priceline purchase. Your use of the city's Electric Shuttle service made great sense - particularly since we have our own "Read House" stop. All downtown hotels here charge for Valet Parking but in our case we are one of the very few that fully controls our own covered garage, staffed 24/7, which prevents our customers from having to deal with the hassles of downtown parking or any inclement weather. Thanks for your business and I hope you will stay with us again if you travel back this way.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Charming lobby with historic features, friendly front desk staff. Classy, comfortable room (king bed suite with room for pack-n-play for our son). Fully walkable to the Tennessee Aquarium, passing Moon Pie General Store and Chattanooga Visitor's Center, but you could also ride the free, electric buses. Also walkable to various restaurants (Mellow Mushroom, Sticky Fingers) and pedestrian bridge over river if you don't mind spending time on your feet in a city. Received good deal on Hotwire. Downside? Required valet parking.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit with us here at the historic Sheraton Read House Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, TN; I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our Lobby which dates back to 1926. I am glad you noticed the city's Electric Shuttle service right outside our Broad Street door; we are very fortunate to have our very own "Read House" stop. As to your comment about Valet Parking, please know that all Hotels in the downtown area here charge for this; in our case we have our own fully covered garage staffed 24/7, with unlimited ins-and-outs included in one daily price. Our customers do not have to deal with any inclement weather, of which there has been quite a bit of late. Thank you for your business and I hope you will consider us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent hotel. After experiencing a horrible night at the Chattanooga Choo Choo, I so much more appreciate this very fine hotel. It has beautiful decor and is extremely clean. The customer service was excellent. It is also very convenient to have a Starbucks in the building. Very classy hotel and professional staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the historic section.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
While it is clear your initial intention was not to stay with us I am so grateful you chose us as an alternative here at the historic Sheraton Read House Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, TN; it was certainly our pleasure to welcome you and I am so very, very pleased that we met your expectations and you felt we took good care of you. Thank you for your most kind comments about both our facilities and our staff. Glad you had a chance to visit our Starbucks, too. I hope you will think of us again next time you visit Chattanooga - thanks for your business!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had read several reviews and had a few concerns about quality of hotel...Wont have to worry about that again...My daughter and I stayed Thurs.-Sat. and could not have been happier...Room was very cozy, AC worked fine, and bed was great...Staff couldnt have been more helpful and while yes you will pay $15 a day for valet, to me the convenience was worth it and those guys couldnt have been better, helpful, or more timely...Did the breakfast buffet on Sat morn before heading out. It cost $13 after tax for a buffet loaded with everything you need AND my daughter (she's 3) ate FREE! Only downside is pool area which gets hot because sun shines directly in afternoon and hot tub wasnt working...but that was minor and my daughter and I after a long day walking/taking in downtown were more than pleased to cool off in it...I paid a great rate and could not have been happier! Would stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am very grateful to you for your comments about your recent visit with us here at the historic Sheraton Read House Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, TN; I am so pleased to know that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and our facilities. Thank you also for your very kind feedback about our staff - this is certainly music to my ears and I will be sure to share these with the appropriate members. I apologize about the hot tub being out-of-service while you were here but I am glad you had the chance to use our pool. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please visit us again!

Been to The Read House Historic Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!