“Wouldn't Stay Here Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 Patton Chapel Road, Chattanooga, TN 37419-1504   |
Ranked #85 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Wouldn't Stay Here Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just want a place to crash on our way down to Florida for the winter, so we don't need a lot of amenities, but we do like to have a clean safe room. Not only had the bathroom door been repaired from someone kicking it in, but the entrance door had also been repaired from the same type of damage and that didn't instill a very warm, safe feeling for us. There wasn't any Kleenex, which I know sounds like a small thing until you want to blow your nose. The hair dryer only worked for about 20 seconds, then just shut off. Even after resetting the wall outlet AND the trip on the hair dryer itself, and also just waiting for awhile, I couldn't get it to come back on. We got a reduced rate for being 65, but still paid just under $70, so there are way more economical options in Chattanooga than this place. The room did have wi-fi, for what it's worth.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
abvchattanooga, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear LQCQ,

On behalf of the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback. We listen to our customers and try to make any necessary changes in order to provide a quality product and services. Please know that we are beginning renovations this year, including updating our bathrooms. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Roshan-GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Chattanooga/Lookout Mt

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
cheltenham-uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

we had a two bedded room, which, to be fair, for the price wasn't that bad, there was only coffee and a pastry for breakfast when everywhere else we stayed gave us a good breakfast, there was a very good diner, which a lot of locals used across the way, next to a supermarket. it was right off the i 24.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear johndelta50,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, our breakfast is limited to light complimentary snacks. We are hoping to renovate our lobby in the near future in order to increase our counter space.

Roshan-GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites/Chattanooga Lookout MT
Saint Joseph, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The woman at the front desk was terrible. Rude and nasty about everything for no reason by me. I missed clicking that I had a child so she charged me another $5. I didn't mind the $5, she was just rude about it. Then she wouldn't give me 2 keys stating that I didn't pay a deposit because I got the room for less than the $99 she was accustomed to. . . Huh?? I got to the room and the internet wireless didn't work and I had to call her about it, she hung up on me. I went down to the office and she told me it worked fine for her and couldn't help me. My computer said the router was new and I needed a number off it. Finally, it was a bad location. There was no breakfast offered and none available at the location (exit).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

That was my second encounter with the Americas Best Value chain. I should have learned the lesson first time, but it was late, dark, and I needed to rest after a long drive from Florida.

I and my wife checked into a room with 2 full beds.

Beds themselves were comfortable and clean, but during the night we discovered that the toilet won't flush, beacuse the toilet tank was dry. That was an interesting experience.

Several light switches were not working, so I had to unscrew the bulb to make the room dark.

Shower faucet won't shut completely, so water kept dripping, but I simply closed batrroom door and I did not hear the dripping anymore.

There was one small piece of cheap soap in the bathroom, and one microscopic soap next to the sink in the room. Since the room could legally accomodate 4 people I was wondering how would they share this stamp-size soap bar.

There were cracks in the shower cabin, in the walls etc.

To be fair, when I complained next morning, they offered to return my money. Since we slept quite well, we agreed on 50% refund. The coffee was free.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramila P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear leave_no_trace,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We have taken corrective action to ensure that this will not happen again in the future. Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn.

Ramila-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Chattanooga Lookout Mountain, TN
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2004

Well I don't have enough room to tell you about this hotel. The rooms are slightly small definitley needs roomcleanig. Their deluxe breakfast is frozen doughnuts and cold coffee. Stay Away About five miles down the road

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites/Lookout Mountain West? Share your experiences!