“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chattanooga Marriott Downtown

You added Chattanooga Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, TN 37402 (Formerly Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knoxville,TN
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and spent time in the attached convention center. It was convenient that I did not have to leave the building to attend my meetings. The staff was courteous and eager to help me anytime I came across them. The room was average. The pillows were far too soft for me, even using two. A Starbucks is in the lobby for those needing a fix! The best part of the hotel is the FREE trolley that stops right next to the hotel. This trolley will take you on a loop of downtown to restaurants, attractions and nightlife. We never had to move our car! We did miss the trolley one night and took the easy, straight shot walk back to the hotel. This hotel is very close to the interstate-easy to hop on and off.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi Cindy L

It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback. I will share with our team. We are in the process of upgrading our guest room pillows right now! Thanks again for your business and we hope that we'll see you again soon!

Tom Underwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Roscoe, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently stayed at the Chattanooga Downtown Marriott and found the overall hotel to be very nice and the employees to be courteous and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable and the array of different pillows already on the bed was a nice change compared to having to search for one that will work for me in closets, drawers or calling front desk.

Two things that were a little surprising, one, some of the grout in the shower was discolored due to mold issues (I don't think there was mold, but the discoloring shows there was or is an issue), time to get someone in there and replace it. The second was having to pay for parking in the underground lot. I would like to have seen a discounted rate for hotel guests since we're choosing their hotel - but that might just be that I'm not used to paying for hotel parking in any of the larger cities I've stayed in - Toronto, Atlanta, Richmond to name a few...

Overall, I would recommend this reasonable priced hotel and would most likely stay there again on my next business trip.

Green Features: Like most hotels today, they have a sign up for if you would like to help, hang up your towels so they don't have to wash them every day saving water and energy. I did not notice anywhere for recycling as I had a plastic bottle and newspaper to discard.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Ariana S

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do charge for parking, but it is discounted for hotel guests and it is in a covered/secured garage. I will follow up on your housekeeping comments today, as well. Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Rockford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Marriott was a good hotel to stay at so we could get to the places we need to. Close to the ball stadium where my husband had to be for a race he was in. The only draw back was it did not have a microwave or small fridge. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was wonderful. Have stayed here twice and will go back. The only thing we did not like was you could hear in the next room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BobbyRockFordTN

Thank you! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit and our central location. We do have some rooms with refrigerators and microwaves, and also have them upon request, so on any future visits, please keep in mind or note in your reservation. Thank you again for your business and we'll hopefully see you again soon.

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very helpful staff at front desk, in restaurant, and in 2nd floor bar. Clean hotel and rooms; liked the breakfast variety...bagels, fruit, nuts, eggs, etc, the free shuttle runs often and makes it easy to get around town; went with friends and family for the half marathon and we all enjoyed our stay; will stay here again if in Chattanooga.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi S W

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the accomodations. We hope you'll keep us in mind for any future visits to Chattanooga.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are on a leisure trip to Florida. Of all the hotels we have stayed, yours is the best!
We were made to feel very welcome and were reluctant to leave.
The staff in the restaurant were especially good.
The omelet maker Gary and the servers Dorece and Janice were outstanding!
The manager Tom Underwood certainly knows how to hire good people.

We will be back!

Don & Anita Ellerbrock

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TomU3, General Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hi Don023

Thanks you for your review. Donniece, Janice, and Gary are definitely our morning A-team, so it's great to see your comments. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to recognize their efforts. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here over Valentine weekend! Great hotel, great staff! Check in was easy, breezy!

Nothing over the top for a Marriott, in fact, it's seems a tad bit older (but not run down or anything close to that).

The only issue I had was that we stayed in room 926, which had a door to the room next door. It was a bit frustrating because it almost sounded like the door was open. We could hear every conversation, every breath, every moment, every snore. At one point the individuals next door were on a phone call, via speaker! I could hear both sides of the discussion..... Kinda frustrating!

I agree with the other posts.... GREAT Service! Great staff!

Room Tip: Don't get one with an adjoining door!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Melissa 211

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I always enjoye hearing great comments about our staff and service. I apologize for the noise from the connecting door/adjoining room. If you do return to our area, please let us know and we can make sure you're in a room without a connecting door. Thank you again for your business and your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've been on this hotel several times in the past. lobby and rooms looks very nice, very attempted staff, internet was complimentary. I strongly recommend this hotel... I like the fact Chattannooga has free shuttle from the city where you can move around without taking your car I found to be very unique and shuttle stop next to the hotel.
Room has a decent size and looks very sharp

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SOUSAtravels

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and visit to Chattanooga. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your experience with future travelers.

Tom Underwood

Been to Chattanooga Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!