Nice indoor outdoor pools. Lots to do with the kids, if I had any, but very expensive for parents.
Nice hot tub/spa...if it's ever open? Between construction, hours of operation, or powered off...only seen it open once in the last seven years? yes, everything else was booked, also unders construction, or so far outside of town...not to mentioned it is a pred-advertized event/charity that would suffer if moved at the last minute.
Sometimes the indoor pool is open in the evenings...sometimes not? Security just shows up sometimes and says it's closed? "We were allowed to swim this time last year?' ...and the response of "Well, not this year, pool is closed." ...? Front desk assures us all it os OPEN until 10:00?
Limited parking IF there is an event in process. Be prepapred to walk like a "HALF" mile, no parking when you return, Another half mile if you wish to goto any of the shops and return to your room. BLD 3...just accept you will have to drag your luggage to and from the parking lot, to the sub-lobby, to your room and back again. No, they do not have bellhops.
Seniors in the group had trouble as the rooms were at the far back of complex AND at the top of the hotel and at the furtherest point from the elevators.
Not that close to anything in town, but, there is a bus service from the hotel that will drop you off. Check the time of LAST run. Obviously no late nights, bar hops, movies, etc unless you have your own transportation. Rooms are clean although about Motel6 standards. Train Cars are fun if it's a couple AND the weather is good. They have WiFi...IF it's up. If it stays up, although in other rooms you might get lucky if your device is capable of modem. Expect about 100.00 - 200.00 per day depnding on IF you get a dsicount. The gas lamps are really nice at night; if they light them. They have discontinued the free breakfast with stay since Holiday Inn took them over. They still offer the buffet at an ok price. The food is ok, plenty of it, mostly warm, with very polite and courteous staff/servers. The evening buffet is also mediocre with exceptional service. The bar is a little over priced if you are used to airport prices. Otherwise; it is very pricey, poor selection, and understaffed usually. There are Pro's and Cons to any facility. The con's in this case are numerous. The Pro's are numerous, BUT inconsistent at best. Over the last 7years the Cons typically outwiegh the Pros. Like 'Oh the SPa is working this year! Then Security runs you off? Oh the indoor pool is open this year, then Security runs you off? All that and the typical musty smell of a pool facility? Oh, the breakfast is no longer free? And it's only a HALF mile back to my car to go to an actual diner? Sure sign me up! Oh the rooms are more expensive this year? I could make a last minute booking from the hotel lobby for another facility or just walk-into another facility...or take the upcharge? Not good to have these little SPEED -BUMPS for a vacation...nor business...nor with friends and family...
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.