The site of the chattanooga choo choo is a large compound. The station serves as office and meeting place . There are restaurants, bars and shops inside. It is very pretty and historic. There are train tracks all around and even have a 20 minute train ride. There are beautiful gardens in the back of the building. They have refurbished train cars you can stay in or 3 separate buildings. We were in Hotel 3. It is pretty far from the station and they have golf carts to drive you around. The room was large and had a balcony overlooking a very large pool. In the center of the pool was an island which was covered and had a hot tub. The area surrounding the pool was nice as was the landscaping. The pool always had people in it when we were around. The room was average. The bed comfortable, the room had love seat in it. We had a great breakfast there at a reasonable rate. It was a clean room but not sparkling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn