My wife and I were excited to be staying at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I love studying history so this was right up my alley. When we first arrived, I was very impressed by the front lobby. The receptionist was very nice and directed us to where we would be staying. We stayed on the top floor of building 3. I will say the pool layout at this building was quite nice, and definitely a winner with the kids. The room was quite large, which was nice and had a nice balcony as well. The biggest drawback for myself as well as my wife were the beds. They were very uncomfortable. Something else we noticed is that on the mattresses themselves, the dates written on them were 1998 - 2004. They definitely seemed outdated. We didn't bother asking for a new room, as we had already had our stuff unloaded and figured that the rest of the rooms would probably not be any better. My wife did inform the front desk upon checkout of this and they said they would report to management. The other thing that stuck out to us was on our last night we were in the hot tub and it was probably 10 degrees warmer than the pool. My wife notified a staff member and they said they would contact maintenance. An hour later, no maintenance so I went and informed a staff member and he said that they had been called but didn't know when maintenance would plan to arrive. They never did. Also, surprised there was no microwave in the room, as that is usually a commonplace in most hotels.
Overall, a pretty good stay but it could have been better. I will say that most of the staff did their best to help us out, which I appreciate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn