“Great birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Chattanooga
Oxford, Mississippi
“Great birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

For my birthday this year my husband took me to the Chattanooga Choo Choo. The old station looks great. We took pictures of the station. We stayed in one of the rail cars that have been made into rooms. We took pictures right a way. Great room very well done. While walking around the property enjoying the foundations, flowers, train cars; we stopped and got coffee and carried it back to the room. The seating is great for sitting, having something to drink, and talking. The staff was friendly and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. We had dinner at the Station very good food and the waiters sang between serving We did room service for breakfast also very good and on time. I highly recommend staying in one of the cars.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in one to the rail cars.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Happy Birthday! Thanks for the 5 star rating! I am pleased that you had a great time. Also, thank you for your great compliments about our accommodations, staff and service. See you next time!
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at The Chattanooga Choo Choo! We had top-notch service from the staff, had a great room, and the pools, restaurants, gift shops, arcades and specialty shops were phenomenal! I recommend this hotel and all it has to offer to you!!!

• Stayed July 2012
First of all, thanks for the 5 stars and for your recommendations. We are glad that you enjoyed exploring all the venues of our property. Hope you return soon.
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had a great time, room was very clean. Staff very helpful. My wife wants to come back and stay longer. The city has a lot to see and do and you need more then a couple of days. We want to get a room on one of the trains.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for sharing your story with us and you 5 STAR review. We love to hear that you loved your stay. Come back again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have never been so disatified with a hotel. Our room was next to the elevator Shaft which was loud and noisy it kept us up all night. We literally got about 3 to 4 hours of sleep. I spoke to the hotel the very next morning that we would be checking out. they told me there was not going to be an issue with this but I had to run it by our booking agent. The manager now refuses to return a phone call and has been unavailable for over three weeks to address this issue I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for your very valuable feedback. I apologize for the situation that occurred. I never received a phone call. I return all my calls regardless of the nature. I will email you via tripadvisor, please call me. I will also try to find your number in our PMS.
Gold Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I visited for three nights with our 1 year old son. He was very excited to stay in the train car, loved the pools and it was very relaxing to take evening strolls around the garden after our day of activities.

Our room and the hotel grounds were all extremly clean. The restaurants on the property all were very nice, great food, and good service. Station House was by far the best! The food was amazing, the service was some of the best we have experienced and the entertainment was great!

All the staff was very helpful and friendly in everyway and the hotel staff took care of our every need. Daily housekeeping was great as well. We always came back to a nice clean fully stocked room.

Over all the price paid for the stay, food and services was well worth it! We already have plans to return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the train car room. There was plenty of space, the beds were very comfortable and our 1...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Glad you had a great getaway! We love to hear that you had a great stay. Thanks for letting us know of the cleanliness of your room and the friendly staff. The Station house is always a hit. Thanks for appreciating the value
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I have just logged in to write a review and I'm so surprised to read all the negative stuff!! We absolutely LOVED staying here! (At the same time as some of these bad reviews)

We are doing a road trip of the Deep South, and we seriously wish we had stayed more than one night in Chatanooga, and a large part of that was because of the hotel!

We checked in - its amazing walking into the old station - and were delighted to find that we were staying in a rail car and not the main hotel as we thought we had booked.

The rail car room was amazing - so cool that we had to take pics immediately for FB lol. Yes, it's a bit old, but that adds so much to the charm! It's unique and beautiful. You should be aware that the cars aren't very sound proofed but ear plugs fix that problem.

The rest of the hotel is really pretty - lovely gardens, and some nice pools. We spent an hour or so by the pool with the waterfall, which was very nice and not at all busy.

There are some great eating places nearby - dont eat at the hotel, I don't think it's very nice! The breakfast was awful and expensive - but we got amusement out of having fried chicken for brekky.

Maybe it's just luck that we had such a great experience, but definitely give it a try.

• Stayed June 2013
WOW! Great comments. Thank you for not listening to the negative reviews. I am so pleased that you LOVED your stay. It is a joy to hear your story. Glad that you were able to stay in one of our signature traincar rooms during your stay. We look forward to your return. In May, we had 3 reviews that were 2 or below, out of 6104 rooms sold. That’s one for every 2034 rooms sold.
bournemouth uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

our room was dirty,especially all the air vents, covered in dust, the floor was wet and damp. the whole hotel had a feel of being unkept and unloved. ordering a drink in the bar, we then saw the bar staff wiping off all the glasses and bottles and locking them away, the staff completely emptied the bar, we were then told to drink up and leave. we ordered the buffet breakfast then found that we had been charged 6$ for the milk for our tea as an extra. a local taxi driver informed us that he had received a lot of complaints about the hotel and ws surprised that we were staying there, he hopped that the local council would intervene and help with re furb. as it was he felt it was an eyesore. the holiday inn status has been removed because of the poor standards.

Room Tip: the room units seem to be opened only when a tour group appears, we were in block 1 which was neares...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ChooChoo29, General Manager at Chattanooga Choo Choo, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. Let me address your concerns:
• I am sorry that your room wasn’t properly clean. It is unacceptable that your room wasn’t properly prepared for your arrival. If you had let us know we would have resolved your room issue.
• (2)I do apologize for the service that you received in the lounge. I am puzzled because we have never had any comments like this before. However, I do appreciate you letting us know and will address with the department head.
• As I have mentioned before, the Southside of downtown (our area) has undergone a revitalization with restaurants (3), retail and housing ($300,000+ condo’s) in the last couple of years.
• I am unclear as to the taxi driver’s comments. I don’t believe that he knows much about the hotel industry. We chose to move in a different direction with another chain, Preferred Hotels Group and Historic Hotels. It was not because of poor standards, as a matter of fact, we just had an evaluation and it was 87%
We host many groups from the UK normally with great reviews. We do make mistakes, but we great recoveries.
All the Best
GM

Been to Chattanooga Choo Choo? Share your experiences!