I have just logged in to write a review and I'm so surprised to read all the negative stuff!! We absolutely LOVED staying here! (At the same time as some of these bad reviews)
We are doing a road trip of the Deep South, and we seriously wish we had stayed more than one night in Chatanooga, and a large part of that was because of the hotel!
We checked in - its amazing walking into the old station - and were delighted to find that we were staying in a rail car and not the main hotel as we thought we had booked.
The rail car room was amazing - so cool that we had to take pics immediately for FB lol. Yes, it's a bit old, but that adds so much to the charm! It's unique and beautiful. You should be aware that the cars aren't very sound proofed but ear plugs fix that problem.
The rest of the hotel is really pretty - lovely gardens, and some nice pools. We spent an hour or so by the pool with the waterfall, which was very nice and not at all busy.
There are some great eating places nearby - dont eat at the hotel, I don't think it's very nice! The breakfast was awful and expensive - but we got amusement out of having fried chicken for brekky.
Maybe it's just luck that we had such a great experience, but definitely give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn