We stopped at the historical Chattanooga Choo Choo because we have 2 little guys who love trains. We took a little trolley ride around the station and got some interesting facts dating back to 1908! Trolley ride for 2 adults, 2 kids cost $6.... we also saw the model railroad museum, which is a full 2 rooms of professional model train sets. Everything had such detail, plus platforms so the little ones could see. The rooms inside the old train cars looked very cool, and we would stay there if back in Chattanooga. All in all, a few hours to see some history... teaching our kids something while having fun is always a plus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Groupon, Agoda, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn