Stayed here in 3/2013 and booked through priceline. Rate was decent, and I had heard good things about the hotel from a friend. Needed a place to stay the night in Chattanooga for business and was looking forward to it. Did not meet expectations.
The place is absolutely gigantic, but is very old and dated. There are 3 hotels and several novelty antique train cars where you can stay, but they are a good hike from the main lobby and restaurants. Room was decently sized, but could have been better. I was on the top floor of Hotel #3. No fridge in the room, which is usually a standard feature these days. Very noisy. The rooms were interconnected like most older hotels, and there was a dog barking non stop in the room next to mine from 4PM until about 9PM after I checked in, horribly annoying. There was also a lot of outside noise that bled in through the balcony door (pool fountain, kids, trucks & buses idling).
Definitely a unique place, but probably better for families. The fitness center was a joke. In a place that has probably around 500 guest rooms, the only fitness center is the size of a broom closet and has 3 cardio machines, thats it. The wi-fi was absurdly slow, and came to a complete halt from 7-11PM. It's also not very pleasant having to make the quarter mile hike in 30 degree weather in the morning to the breakfast restaurant.
Also a bummer having to pay $12 for a lousy breakfast buffet that you could get for free at a best western. Fruit, eggs, bacon, breads and chicken strips were the only items. There was a bunch of cereal, but no milk out. (I'm sure that's something you have to pay extra for). Parking will also run you 6 bucks per day.
There's better places in the area if you need to stay for business, but this looks like a decent place if your on vacation or with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the South's most renowned landmarks, the Chattanooga Choo Choo opened in 1909 and welcomed thousands of travelers during the Golden Age of railroads. Today, the 23 acre complex is a magnificently restored hotel resort for visitors of all ages. The Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel offers a variety of overnight accommodations, including the famous Victorian Era train rooms and luxurious suites. *Theme restaurants *Specialty shops *Authentic New Orleans trolley ride *Model railroad display *Convention Center *3 swimming pools *Tennis courts *Beautiful formal gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Chattanooga Choo Choo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Chattanooga
- Holiday Inn Chattanooga Choo
- Chattanooga Holiday Inn