“What a Classic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Orlando, Florida
“What a Classic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is Hilton owned and managed.

I stayed here back on the 10th of June. This hotel is outstanding! Yes, the rooms are entered through the outside (exterior corridors) but this hotel is kept up nice for its age! I have stayed in brand new Hamptons that weren’t as nice and clean as this on. I think people get a bad taste in their mouth because of the “motel style” of the building. I was in room 127, a standard room with 2 queen beds. This room was spotless. Everything was clean from top to bottom. Nice flat screen TVs. Everything was updated inside the room. I couldn’t even tell I was staying in an exterior corridor hotel once I was inside.

Breakfast was fantastic with 3 hot items and oversized breakfast area with the updated “perfect mix” lobby/breakfast area. Every staff member from check in to check out was friendly and helpful. I wish I had written down their names to mention them for their outstanding service!

Please don’t acknowledge the bad reviews that people have left. This Hampton is a classic and I sure hope it stays a Hampton and Hilton doesn’t shut them down just because they are an exterior property. There are very few Hamptons like this left because guests complain so much about the exterior entrances and they overlook the quality of the services. Just don’t judge the book by its cover.

When I pass through the Chattanooga area again I will be checking into this Hampton Inn again because of the quality of the service I received while I was there and for its location. Its easy on easy off of I-75 north or south!

If you are really wanting a room with inside entrances, they have another building on the backside of the property that are like that. I would be sure to request it when making your reservation because they dont have too many rooms like that.

Way to go Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75!!! I WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 127. It was right down from the front desk on the corner of the building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I shared them with our staff today and everyone shouted Woo Who. You made our day. This is our goal, Great Service, Clean Room and an above average Breakfast all backed by Hampton Inn's 100% guarantee. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I usually stay at Hilton brand hotels because they are generally clean and updated. Rarely do you find one that falls short. This hotel fell way short!! This hotel is very old and outdated. The hotel is more like a cheap motel. The rooms have doors that face the outside. We were told that we were given a room upgrade, but if that is their upgraded room, I would hate to see what the others look like. First, the room was dark and the carpet was dirty. The bed linen was worn and thin and the room did not have a fresh smell. The bath towels were also thin. The bathroom was mot fresh. The sofa and bed were uncomfortable. I sprayed everything with disinfectant. I refused to go to the breakfast area because I doubted the cleanliness of the food. The entrance was uninviting and the area did not appear to be safe. I felt very unsettled, but decided to stay for the one night that had already been paid for. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless updates are done to make it clean and attractive. This hotel does not represent the Hampton Inns that I have grown to like.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. It is definately not the experience we want all our guest to experience. Please feel free to contact me, as I want to make it right with you. I will also be sure to share your comments with our staff and ownership group. You satisfaction is very important to us and Hampton Inn. I look forward to talking to you soon.
Hammonton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Check in suppose to be at 3PM. Were unable to get us into our room until after 4PM. Hotel was not what I expected from Hampton Inn. Out side doors and entire building seemed a little old. Building was refurbished but you could tell that building was old. Doors did not close properly and bathroom seemed a little shabby. Price of over $90 was ridiculous for this type of hotel. Probably will not stay at Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the pool and continental breakfast. The hotel had no roll aways to offer, but luckily we had a sleeping bag with us so my son slept on the floor with that. The comforters on the beds were very lumpy. But they did have very convenient outlets with USB ports.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Morristown, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We were treated very well at the front desk the staff was very helpful friendly as well as knowledgeable of the town and local sights our stay has been very pleasant and the morning breakfast was actually better then I most of the other hampton inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013
Brent thank you for taking the time to let other travelers how your stay went. When I read your comments it really embodied the goals our team tries to achieve, providing great service, a clean room and good value. Thank you for being our customer and we hope you will stay with us in the near future. We would be honored if you were our guest.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed for a few days and will definitely stay again. The room I had was extremely clean when I arrived. It was inviting and comfortable. After a great breakfast with the very friendly Kelly, I walked back to my room as Meredith, the very cheerful housekeeper, was finishing cleaning. She did an excellent job making my room sparkle!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wow, Thanks for recognizing our team members by name. It will make their day when I tell them they were specifically mentioned in your critique of our hotel. Kelly and Meredith definitely embody what we are all about, great service, smiles. I will be sure to reward their efforts. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yes, the Hampton Inn on Shallowford Road is an older Hampton Inn. It consist of 4 buildings three of which are the earlier style with the doors facing outside and one building with the doors facing a central hall inside. I was on the second floor of the building with the inside corridor.

The room was clean as I would expect. Instead of the normal bottle of water and pack of crackers, there was a double decker Moon Pie waiting in the room. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good but the person attending the breakfast was real outgoing and made for a good start for the day. There were a few older people there and he made sure they got what the needed without much trouble.

Now for the minuses, the corridor on the second floor was very warm. This could have been because the weather up to this point had been very unseasonably cool but still it was about 82 degrees. The air conditioner in the room was noisy (it sounded as if the compressor was lose) and I did say something when I checked out. Also, the room temperature varied across the room. It was very cool near the window/HVAC unit and got progressively warmer as you got closer to the door. The temperature at the door/bathroom never was as warm as it was in the all but you could tell there was about a 10 degree difference across the room. The phones message waiting light was flashing even though there was no message, and that was also reported.

Would I stay there again? Yes, the management is trying to keep the place in good condition and it is very handy for what I needed it for.

TIP: Shallowford is always busy. Making the left out of the hotel parking area can be problem so if you make the right, this will lead you to Lee Highway/US 64 which from there you can make the left or right and that parallels I-75.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you noticed and hopefully enjoyed the Moon Pie. We are approaching the 100 anniversary of that tasty treat that is made in Chattanooga. We are sorry the hallway to our interior building was not working. We are in the process of changing that unit out as it did not survive the winter. We have been fortunate that the weather has been very mild this year. Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. All of our team members are committed to provide a clean comfortable room, great value and great service. Our team has been together many years and do a great job. I will be sure to share your survey with them. We hope to see you again if you are in the area we appreciate you as a customer.

Been to Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75? Share your experiences!