“Wonderful time in chattanooga” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place

You added Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place to your Saves list
Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 Shallowford Village Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37421 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Chattanooga)   |
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wonderful time in chattanooga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful time here and wil always go back. This is a very nice hotel with a great staff, they greet you when you walk in with smiling faces and will accomadte you with any needs.they have some of the nicest staff who is more than willing to help you at any time whenever you need something. the rooms are very modern and nice. also it is only mins away from amazing shopping and great food. also 15 to 20 min away from downtown which is beautiful and has grea attractions also.i would recommend anyone to go there and stay it is a very nice experince and the price are not high for everything you have around you and the experience you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Nice hotel for the price. Enjoyed the breakfast and the small rooms were clean. There isn't a closet just an area by the sink to hang your clothes. I would stay at this establishment again. Guest are able to use a gym about 5 mins away which is suppose to be really nice, but I didn't have time to check it out.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor, two doors down for breakfast area and parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Upon arrival at this hotel I was checked in by Courtney who was very efficient and friendly. This hotel is one of the cheaper hotels in the area and is a renovated older property that the owners have gone to great effort and expense to modernize. However, there is no hiding the fact that this property is a work in progress and appears tired and worn despite the updates that have been attempted. I was only in town for three days on business but as soon as I opened my door (1st floor), I immediately detected that musty/damp odor that many renovationed rooms retain. It rained steadily throughout my three days in Chattanooga and I detected that my room was damp throughout my stay. My clothing that was hanging in the room had a damp feel to it.
The room was clean and the service at this hotel is very good. The negatives are all related to the fact that this property (at least my room) has some issues. I am a frequent Marriott guest and this one of the few disappointments. The rate was cheaper than almost every other property in the area but that is now understandable. There is a new Residence Inn just up the street and many other hotels/motels in the area.
I applaud the staff for the cleanliness of the rooms and their exceptional service, however, my impression of the building left much to be desired. I would rate the property as below average, but the staff very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FFIChatt, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for the excellent comments about our staff and Front Desk Agent! It is our goal to offer excellent accommodations, and we believe that it starts and ends with service! Thank you for the feedback about the room being damp. We were aware of a moisture issue and we have since replaced our entire roof. We look forward to seeing you again!
Chaska, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

good value for the money. Very nice room and the hot tub is open till 11:0 0pm or later. breakfast was like any other breakfast. Paid 89.00 good price. was on my way to tampa and after a long drive from mn the hot tub was a must late.

Room Tip: rooms were well appointed and clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
FFIChatt, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing about your stay! You must have been referring to our pool when you mentioned the hot tub. Although we don't have a hot tub, our outdoor pool is very relaxing! We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Chattanooga!
gainesville va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i had stayed at this hotel several years ago and was concerned about how well it had been kept before i arrived for a three night stay..i was glad to see the upgrades and that the hotel was in very good condition...clean, comfortable and with very helpful and friendly staff...the location is in an area with a number of otrher hotels but the price and location were right for me...the traffic is really bad in the area around the nearby hamilton place mall so getting out of the street where the hotels are on to shallowford drive is sometimes time consuming...there are a number or restaurants nearby and a cracker barrel right next door..i would stay here again when in that area and overall i was very pleased.

Room Tip: i had a room with an interior hallway and view to the rear of the hotel...it was quiet but i can se...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tenn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on the interstate side and there was a lot of traffic noise that was drowned out by the fan. If the fan is not on, I believe it would be impossible to sleep through the noise. There is hardly any counter space in bathroom, but there is very good water pressure and plenty of hot water. We were in a first floor room with outside access which feels a little like a cheap motel, but we were able to park right in front of our door and my husband liked being able to step outside and smoke (which is why I believe he chose this hotel as there are LOTS of others in this immediate area). I don't think I would stay here again, but if I had to, it would be okay. I would definately ask for a room as far from the interstate as possible.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending an event at B. T. Washington State Park. This is an older hotel which has had some wear and tear but which evidently has a good maintenance staff. Service was good. The front desk had our reservation and got us checked in with no problems. The breakfast (included in the tariff,) was completely ready at 6:00AM (as advertised) both on Saturday and Sunday, which is not always the case in less expensive accommodations. The hotel was clean, everything worked, and no odd smells were noted. The linens were clean, though the towels in the bathroom were not as plush as one might prefer. Our 3rd-floor room was quiet. First and second floor rooms have outside entrances, and may be less so. Check out was quick and easy, and a copy of our statement was hanging on our doorknob when we got up on Sunday.

We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms open onto an interior hall, first and second floor rooms open onto a sheltered out...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place? Share your experiences!